November 9, 2017

Third day yuck

Filed under: Food, My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 19:19

Tonight is the third and last night of the diabetic education classes.  Sorry I have not been to everyone’s blogs the last few days, it is rush for this and rush for that.   I know what this class would boil down too and I was correct.   Tonight’s lesson is all about the foods you can have, ones they want to ban from your life, and all that rubbish.  Nothing I as a 54 year old man likes then have a over think lady telling me what I can eat and what I can not.  I take offense at being treated like a ten year old in trouble for eating a cookie.  I do not want to be scolded for weight, I know I am heavy at 202 pounds.   I do not want peopel who do not know me nor my history telling me what i can put in my mouth.   I got totally pissed off after the educator told me I had to eat less at every meal, so I asked her if she gave birth to me.  She was stunned so I asked her where she got the idea that she could regulate my food intake.  Got to run.  Hugs to all

;’

1. Hey good looking, I think you look great at no matter what due to your beauty within. I felt the same when I went to weight watchers. I gained more weight when attending the meetings due to the stress of counting points. I learned how to manage my intake on my own. I feeling like you right now with this stupid diabetes. Stay sweet as you always have been. Hugs

Comment by Patty — November 10, 2017 @ 06:06

• Hello Patty. How are you Dear. I got your wonderful card. It got hung up at the office . You put the wrong address on it. SO you have to let me know what is going on with you in your life. I care. Say hello to your hubby Craig. Lots of love. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2017 @ 08:52

2. My husband’s diabetic educator was pretty good. And I like the point she made to him, that there aren’t really any completely forbidden foods. She focused on limiting carbs (and making them whole grains when possible), and spreading those limited carbs out evenly over the day. So if my spouse wants a slice of cake after dinner once in a while, he can have it, as long as the rest of that meal is mostly not carbs. That’s much more workable than just forbidding people from eating their favorite things, because that never works for long.

Hope you can find what works for you.

Comment by Ubi Dubium — November 10, 2017 @ 11:01

• Hello Ubi. The first two instructors were great and fun. The problem was not the material but the attitude of the third instructor. She did not suggest, she did not say should, or it is your choice. She acted as though you were already a convict and she was the warden. She used words like you WILL do this, you WON’T do this, You can’t must not and so on. She was acting as if we were all ten yr olds who snuck cookies before supper and she was mama laying in the rules. Screw that . I took enough beatings at supper time, I spent enough meals under the table and I sure miss a lot of meals growing up. Enough to land in the hospital with malnutrition. I won’t be treated that way. Besides as I told her when she got in my face to demand I tell her what I was cutting out of my diet and give her my new food plan that conformed to her wishes, and I refused, my Doctor was happy with my A1C and it had gone from 12 to 7 already and I wont be changing my lifestyle. She was steamed I stood up to her, and I think that over half the class cheering what I said was not helping her mood. I told her she did not know me or my history and simply being able to walk was already an exercise plan and I did not need her to hold my hand. Best wishes to your hubby and to you also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2017 @ 13:24

3. Oh Scottie, you sound just like my younger son. He is a bit heavy and he really hates it when anyone tries to limit his food intake.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — November 10, 2017 @ 12:43

• When I was a CNAA in the surgical ICU we had a PT who was heavy. Really heavy. We had to order a specialty bed for him. I am not sure what he weighed but it took six of us to turn him. One day I was helping him do some stuff and chatting when he started to thank me. I had not done anything special so I was startled he was thanking me so hard. He explained why he liked it when I was on duty and why he was thanking me. He said I never told him he was fat, big, larger than most and a dozen other ways to describe him. He told me I treated him well and with respect, I was never rude, rough , or disrespectful to him. I thanked him but reminded him that was my job and that no one should treat him like that. He said yes but others did all the time. Even when they were not telling him verbally that they felt he was fat they were treating him in a way that spoke it for them. I was stunned to say the least. It never occurred to me to treat him other than with respect and kindness. We got talking and I told him I just figured I didn’t need to point out what he already knew. I did not think he was less a person because he was extra large, I figured he had enough problems without me adding to them. Large people know they are large, and it is for many reasons. Mine was I sat too much and had limited movement and so lost muscle tone and size. I also know what it is like to go hungry, to not have food to eat. I was hospitalized for malnutrition in my youth and I won’t deny myself the simple enjoyment I get from eating. Now I am l moving again and learning to walk and exercise so I may think down from the 202 I recently weighed in at. IF not I will still like me. I took a long time to like the me I am. I will still like me if I stay heavy. Best wishes to your son and to you, you are a special person and your family must be special also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2017 @ 13:15