January 4, 2018

Snow day

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 18:32

Ah this brings back memories. I lived in New England and needed a 4X4 just to get out of my own driveway in winter. I was in the Army stationed in Georgia when they had a ice rain storm ( sleet ). It was crazy, no one knew how to walk on the icy surfaces muchless drive. Someone turned to me and asked me to drive them because I was from the north. I told them when there was this much ice on the road we stayed off the roads as much as possible and we did not need to go driving around. They went out anyway and yes, they crashed. Hugs

bluebird of bitterness

SOUTH:

NORTH:

View original post

1. What a drama here in Nova Scotia! Lots of dire warnings, school cancelled across the province and we got a little ice and snow this p.m. Now it’s raining. Other parts of the province got high winds but here by the shore it hasn’t been too bad. We were all prepared for a power outage (80,000 people are currently out) but so far, so good! We’ve got a kitchen wood range and a wood furnace so it’s not so bad. In fact, it’s even a bit of an adventure. . .we’re old and daft, as you can tell. 🙂

Comment by carmen — January 4, 2018 @ 18:43

• I am glad you are prepared and have back up heat and cooking. I think New England is getting a good amount of snow, but have not checked recently. I have a friend in M.I. who does driveways in the winter and he has been busy every day with the snow they are getting. Stay warm and dry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2018 @ 18:46

2. Tonight it’s supposed to get into the 20s in Daytona. Brrrrrr! This ain’t right!

Comment by House of Heart — January 4, 2018 @ 19:41

• Agreed. The snowbirds are even shivering. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2018 @ 19:46

• They are! They were not expecting this and neither were we. It’s horrendous up north. I hope you are fine and stay warm. Hugs!

Comment by House of Heart — January 4, 2018 @ 21:50

• Good morning. Well sort of warm I say. I got up and turned the heat on in our bedroom last night when it hit 66 degrees. This morning I came out to start coffee and had to turn the heat on in the rest of the house, not so warm yet. It is getting there though. I feel sorry for those who do not have heat or can’t find shelter. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 5, 2018 @ 07:30

• Good morning! It’s unusually cold here. We really aren’t prepared for below freezing weather in central and south Florida. The homeless have been advised to go to shelters. I hope they have, winter is a bad time for them and all creatures left outdoors. My little porch bird is fluffed up twice as big as normal trying to survive. Have a beautiful day Scottie. Huge hugs! 🤗

Comment by House of Heart — January 5, 2018 @ 07:40

• The entirely circular disingenuous rambling reminded me of several people I have recently read / responded to that have gone to great lengths to not answer questions and to defend their beliefs in ways that leave me asking what they really said. That said the most important thing I found in the post is the desire to look up and watch the three shrek movies. I have enjoyed the ice age animated movies and if you enjoyed the shrek one it should be worth the watching. I do wonder what your keen eye has seen in the rest of us though? loves and hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2018 @ 19:53

3. Say what?

Comment by House of Heart — January 4, 2018 @ 20:06

4. Amazing. Here I am battling to decide what sunblock to use and all you can do is whine about the bloody snow! Sheesh! You Northerners.
    😉