January 8, 2018

My thoughts / rants on end of life.

Filed under: My Life and Rants, opinion, You Tube — Scottie @ 11:29

The third in a three part series I recorded.   This one covers end of life issues.  I talk about the dignity of death,  hospice care, dying.     Hugs

1. I am in favor of medically assisted euthanasia, I think we should all have that option without fear of repercussion against anyone involved. Having watched the suffering endured by those dying of terminal illness, at the mercy of the disease, it is inhumane to deny them the right to die with dignity. I would certainly want that right myself. The brainwashed religious fanatics who feel it is their appointed duty to force their beliefs on us, to interfere in our lives should be ashamed of themselves. I must believe they have never suffered or witnessed the pain of watching a loved one suffer unbearable pain. Thank you for addressing this issue Scottie. Hugs.

Comment by House of Heart — January 8, 2018 @ 11:46

• Thank you, you expressed the issue so well. I am glad you commented. I think the religious leaders got people so convinced that there was this glorious place awaiting them if they just gave the church money and time, that they had to make suicide a crime because people thought why wait, let’s go there now. Hey when life is hell, people want to end it. I understand that. So they had to make suicide a worse crime, a mortal sin, so people wouldn’t go for the reward sooner. That changed into what we struggle with today to help people with end of life issues, and quality of life issues. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 8, 2018 @ 11:53

• Suicide is at times a final solution to a temporary problem. I do understand how desperate life can become. I don’t think we need to get involved in other’s choices unless we know they are suffering a condition that there is help for, major depression for example. I wouldn’t sit back and watch a depressed person take their life if they are unaware that there may be relief from this horrible disease. I would try to convince them to seek help. Still it is a personal decision, if one is going to take their life, they will. I think all outsiders (our gov’t) should stay the hell out of all aspects of our lives, as long as no crime is committed ( and I don’t mean made up crimes that they have pulled out of a hat to suit their fanatical beliefs. Look at Moore. ) . Religion has killed more people than all wars…as you know most wars stem from religious fanaticism. Hugs.

Comment by House of Heart — January 8, 2018 @ 12:04

• Ah yes, when I said suicide in reponce to your comment I should have been more clear and said medically assisted suicide. I cover the basics of my thoughts on suicide it self on the first of the series. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 8, 2018 @ 12:08

2. My grandma was baptist and she was also afraid to die. She had some old “sin” and skeletons in her closet she was too proud to repent. Funny we all knew the stuff but she’d never talk about it. Religion made her a fearful, miserable person.

Comment by jim- — January 8, 2018 @ 13:52

• Yet those who preach it talk about the “Power of Love”. It is really all about death and fear. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 8, 2018 @ 16:35

3. Another excellent installment indeed deep and profound as I expected, I agree on all points of interest that you’ve brought into question

Comment by Cory Melancon — January 18, 2018 @ 16:45