January 13, 2018

Dealing with destruction. I need a xanax!

Filed under: Construction, Family, My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 10:49

Just a quick note of what I am dealing with at home.   We have been having major deconstruction – quick construction because we bought all new kitchen appliances.   We were slowly removing and renovating the kitchen.  We have done the rest of the home.  We have had to gut the house , so we were taking our time to repair it.  I have lots of pictures to do a few posts with.   However last week was spent tearing out the old door and wall and putting a new much larger door in .  Needed to get the new appliances in side.   This morning we tried to find spots for the rest of the stuff in cupboards as we started to remove the final cabinets.    Turns out the floor underneath had gone out ( we suspected that ) and the wall the upper cupboards were on had no support and needed to be replaced.  We suspected it as we found damage when we took out the door and the wall the sink was on we had to rebuild entirely back in 2007.    What a disaster his project is getting to be.

Here are the pictures of my morning.

Old kitchen.

IMG_1714

Two of our new appliances, the huge new refrigerator and the huge new stove.

Now the morning mess.   I will not have a kitchen for a few days after what the guys found this morning.

I just got informed that the sink and last bit of counter must go also.  So for several days I will have no sink, no counter, no living room ( it is full of everything that could be shoved into it ) .   I will have a toaster oven and a microwave on a rolling cart, but no where to set anything heated in them and nowhere to clean up.  Looks like a few days of pizza and mcdonalds.   Be well.  I am a nervous wreck.   Hugs

1. Continue to focus on how lovely it will be when it is all done and you can be sure that it is all secure and done correctly so that there won’t be any “surprises” in the future. It is tough but you will be happy in the end!

Comment by koolaidmoms — January 13, 2018 @ 10:56

• Hello Koolaidmoms, I agree. We had to gut this home after we bought it. Long story. Then we had to change the layout a second time. So we have been going room by room fixing and remodeling. We finally got to the kitchen and for christmas bought all new Refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and over the stove microwave / fan / light combo. Got the top of the line stuff as we have been waiting for over twenty years to buy new stuff. Then we ran into a lot more trouble than we had planned as I posted. But yes it will be grand when done. the plan is cupboards and cabinets with counter all along the long wall to the door, solid cupboards on the bathroom wall and the door is being moved to the hallway side, the wall with the window where the sink was ( the wall was rebuilt in 2007 as it was totally destroyed by termites, the window is a ss through to what use to dining room, but made into a bedroom when our son moved home and as he has plans to move out it will be a new living room ) so that window is coming out and the entire wall on that side will be cupboards, cabinets and counter up to the fridge. The last piece will be a large island with the sink and new dishwasher in it and a place for eating on the other side. Yes it is going to be grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2018 @ 11:21

• Wow! Big changes. Good luck and maybe you will come up with a whole line of microwave and toaster oven recipes for the people doing home renovations! Have fun!

Comment by koolaidmoms — January 13, 2018 @ 12:16

2. Hi Scottie;
    I think this is why I am so reluctant to start on some of my own “to do” list items. There’s just no telling what you are going to find under the paint, is there. Find any loose change in there??? I keep reading these stories about gold bricks and treasure found in the walls when people do renovations. I’ve only ever found spiders!
    Good luck….. and keep me in mind for a copy of ” Scottie’s Microwaving and Toaster Oven Gourmet Living”.

Hugs my brother;
    randy

Comment by Randy — January 14, 2018 @ 06:06

• Morning Randy. Find money… Every time we go to fix something we end up losing a lot more than we planned. Boy when we are done this will be a new house built from the inside out. Local publics is just a mile or so down the road and they do subs, hot meals, and a lot of chips. Now you can conveniently pre-order online. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 14, 2018 @ 07:42

• Oh Randy have you had any time to watch the tree videos I did? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 14, 2018 @ 11:30

3. Looks like Milo is supervisor lol, beautiful appliances indeed

Comment by Cory Melancon — January 14, 2018 @ 10:56

• Oh yes. He gets very upset if locked in the bedroom. He thinks he owns the place. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 14, 2018 @ 11:09

4. Oh dear, Scottie. The day will pass quickly hopefully.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — January 14, 2018 @ 13:22

• Sadly it has been two days and as Ron goes back to work tomorrow, I figure this will now drag out for a week. The plan for today is getting the wall rebuilt. The cabinets have to be finished before they can be put in place. It all is a huge disaster. I wish we had done it during the summer when Ron could have taken a month off. Oh well, as you say it will pass. Plus when done it is going to be great. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 14, 2018 @ 13:42