January 13, 2018

More destruction pictures.

Filed under: Construction, My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 10:58

Old 2X4 eaten away by termites.  The termites are long gone as are the prior owners.

1. ¡Guauu! Eso es malo. That your place?

Comment by jim- — January 13, 2018 @ 11:20

• Oh oh. I just saw your other post. Sorry man. That’s terrible!

Comment by jim- — January 13, 2018 @ 11:23

• Yes, but in the big picture we could have had worse. At Least that is what I tell my self. We can’t insure it anymore because of where it is and its age. So if we lost the whole thing we would have to start over and lose the money we have into it. Oh well. It is a thing we must deal with. Can’t well it until it totally is repaired and wont get a third of what we have into it back. Agggrrrrr. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2018 @ 11:30

• Sounds like you use my investment strategies. Buy high, sell low.

Comment by jim- — January 13, 2018 @ 11:37

• Ya, this was a bad move. All the places we bought, sold and did OK with, this time we took a real cold bath on. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2018 @ 11:48

• Yes, it is. This place we bought on a handshake and good will. We found out later it had massive water damage / mold and rot / termite damage. At first we tried to fix things as we found them / they broke, like the floors going out and pipes bursting and stuff. After a few months we got tired and just gutted the place. We were rebuilding it until I got too ill to work, then restarted this last year. Been something other than fun, but …. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2018 @ 11:25

2. UGH!!! Good luck, my friend.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — January 13, 2018 @ 11:58

• Thanks. The guys have gone to get more lumber and supplies, I have the cats locked in my bedroom, and I have retreated to my office. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2018 @ 12:39