January 16, 2018

I support Chelsea Manning for Senate

Filed under: My Life and Rants, News, opinion, People I like, Political — Scottie @ 11:43

1. why exactly?

Comment by Suze — January 16, 2018 @ 12:32

• Hello Suze, I left a comment on Jill’s blog ( she did not reply to me ) here https://jilldennison.com/2018/01/14/say-what/#comment-37176 That explains how I feel.

Here is part of it.

I was ashamed of my countries actions before she was arrested and infuriated about it after. Her treatment was torture and inhuman. For what she dared to do, for informing the american public of what we had the right to know , and for the punitive actions our government took against her I do consider her a hero. She went through more mental hardship / physical hardship in her time in custody than most of our elected leaders could with stand.

For the record as not all service members were against her actions. I served two tours in the US military and I support what she did. Did we learn nothing from our vietnam police action?

And what do you think? Did you watch the video? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 16, 2018 @ 12:36

2. I support her, too.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — January 16, 2018 @ 14:32

• Thank you. On some blogs even the left wing has it out for her. SO much misconception and anger towards her but no feelings about what she went through and what she did for the American people. We needed to know the illegal actions our government was taking. Or we learned nothing from Vietnam. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 16, 2018 @ 14:36

• I’m not disagreeing with that part, but I don’t think it qualifies as support for the idea that she’d make a better Senator than the incumbent.

Comment by D.T. Nova — January 16, 2018 @ 16:04

• While nothing is proven, the current Democrat has been described as a central to right democrat. A primary from a credible opponent that is firmly left will bring the sitting democrat to the left back where he belongs. I constantly say the democrats must remain left, even as the right has moved so far right that they have dragged the democrats to the right along with them. I do not want republican lite. I do not vote for a democrat hoping for the left to then accept a right of center republican lite. Anyone who wants a right of center candidate would vote for the republican anyway. So to have an identity and to have meaning to stand for, the democrats must remain to the left. This means primaring a lot of stuck corporate democrats to either pull them left or get them out of office. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 16, 2018 @ 16:12

3. True. After all she’s been through, she must be an emotional wreck.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — January 16, 2018 @ 15:29

• She seems to be standing tall and determined. I admit I admire her. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 16, 2018 @ 15:51

4. She’s running a very smart campaign, breaking away from the cozy Democratic “business as usual” establishment. If she’s willing to fight
    for ppls rights and to have a voice within our crony capitalist gov’t, she may have a chance at winning!

Comment by 1EarthUnited — January 16, 2018 @ 16:48

• I agree. I like democrats that fight back. I like democrats that refuse to let the republicans run all over them and democrats that don’t let the republicans make them start to apologize for being correct on issues. When dems are in the right, they need to stand on it and own it. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 16, 2018 @ 19:57