January 16, 2018

We must resist the theist in government trying to force religion on everyone including the children.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 17:19

This is why as an atheist in a secular country I continue to voice my concerns about the repeated attempts by christians to force their religion on everyone in the country.   They have no respect for other religions or those who have no religious faith.   They want their religious privilege over everything else including the laws of this country.  They feel their wants are more important and their holy book laws ( as they think they are without understanding the whole book. ) is a higher law than the constitution or the supreme court.   They must be resisted or they will make the U.S. a theocracy.   Hugs

1. They are setting a very dangerous precedent and the republicans are allowing it. In fact pushing it!

Comment by Mary — January 16, 2018 @ 17:31

• Agreed. It is hard to keep up with it all, from local councils only allowing christian prayers for all their public meetings, to state and federal legislators trying to sneak bills about teaching their god, and only their god, to trying to pass lifestyle laws based on their interpretation of a 2000 year old patched together misinterpreted mythology. And don’t get me started on their attempts to sabotage science and biology. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 16, 2018 @ 17:38

2. Democracy and reason has been under assault for some time now. If they do pass it I am sure there will be a court case. Hopefully in a court sympathetic to the constitution.

They keep pulling shit like this rather consistently. Vile little bastards working behind the scenes, scheming to make this country a theocracy.

Comment by shelldigger — January 16, 2018 @ 18:21

3. So you better don’t fight trump but the Republicans and leaders of the religions, don’t fight the religions; fight their leaders.

Comment by miles — January 17, 2018 @ 15:03

• I agree, but I think we also must fight tRump and people of religion that push their religion onto others who don’t want it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 17, 2018 @ 16:50

4. Unfortunately, despite the efforts of our forefathers, this country has never been truly free of theocratic tendencies. They were (perhaps intentionally) vague in the First Amendment, and Christians have repeatedly taken advantage of that.

A few years ago, I attended a local school board meeting — I don’t have children, but was curious about the political process and worried about a local tax increase. They opened the meeting with PRAYER. Not a generic “moment of silence” type prayer, but a decidedly Christian prayer, ending with “in the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.” No one objected, and I was too shocked to say or do anything. Last year, I went to a liquor store to pick up some rum for a recipe I wanted to try. The store was closed and it took me several minutes to remember why: Texas is a theocracy, and certain products aren’t allowed to be sold on “the Lord’s day”.

An internet friend posted this photo last year, of a Bible verse painted on a chair at a PUBLIC SCHOOL library.

This is ALL over.

Comment by Anderson Connors — January 17, 2018 @ 15:43

• They’re like rats in a sewer.

Comment by Nan — January 17, 2018 @ 15:52

• They sure are pushy , demanding, and persistent. I think the rats are easier to deal with somedays. 😋😊😉 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 17, 2018 @ 16:32

• Yes , and it is up to us to fight against it, before they overrun us all. In a way we are working for the faithful to keep the country secular. Because if one group is made the state religion the others suffer, sort of the way it is now in many places. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 17, 2018 @ 16:36

5. I find it incredibly disheartening when one religion or person doing something in the name of that religion is close minded hypocritical or alll knowing. Hugs to you friend. Hope your health is doing well and that youve regained strength

Comment by bethanyk — January 18, 2018 @ 22:52

• Thank you, I wish the same for you also. Be warm. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 07:36

• Oh my gosh but I am SOOO cold!!!!!

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:05

• We barely got the kitchen wall back up before the cold snap. We ended up having to take one outside wall out of the kitchen due to damage and then build a new wall. Glad the coldest days held off till we got it done. best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 15:07

• Oh that’s a big deal! I’m glad you got it finished. We have 3 walls eaten by termites that eventually will need to be replaced. That was 4 years ago and they are simply covered as we cannot do any work due to our daughter’s health. So they just sit. Glad you got yours done

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:11

• Sorry you have to wait to fix yours, but I understand , your daughter’s health comes first. We had to replace the front wall of the kitchen when we first bought the place due to termite damage. We did not realize the damage had skipped the corner and then went down the other wall. When we put in the new bigger door further down the wall we found the damage and realized we had to take the entire wall out and put in a new one. Ron and James raced against the clock to get it done in time. But I have no kitchen. We have everything from the cupboards and drawers stacked in the living room. The table is shoved as far into the living room as possible and piled high. We had the new stuff delivered and the fridge and stove are inside, the dishwasher and over stove microwave are stored in the main shed. The stove is not yet in place so we have a cart with a toaster oven, and a new smaller microwave. We have a hot plate and a toaster on the small part of the counter left by the sink. Oh well, it will be grand when we get it done. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 15:22

• What kind of damage did it do? Did you have to deal with any mold issues ?
              You guys are in the inbetween state where the whole house is in disarray!
              Thankfully you’ve got a toaster oven. It will look wonderful when you get it all done. I’m excited for you.
              Honestly i think when they open up our wall they will end up having to rip tons out. We treated the termites by trenching the house but they ate the baseboards on 2 walls in one room and 2 in another at the back of the house that are the coldest rooms and all cement block. No clue how they got past the cement walls. .

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:25

• Sorry to hear of your damage. The prior owner told us he found termites and had the whole place treated, but failed to tell us the extent. Made it sound it was in one small spot, which we fixed right away. Then we found the whole front wall gone. No mold in the kitchen, we had that problem in the bedroom where we had water damage recently. One spot under a window let water seep into the floor below. The press board below the top plywood floor gave out and disintegrated. The insulation under the bedroom was soaked with water and had begun to mold , which is how we found the damage due to smell. We had to rip out the insulation, then spray the entire under area of the bedroom. After we get the kitchen done we have to rip out the window, wall underneath, and the floor to rebuild and then insulate again. Fun of owning an older mobile home in florida. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 15:34

• What did you spray the mold with?

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:45

• We bought a Ryobi battery operated sprayer and used a stuff we got from home depot. We had gotten to jugs of something from lowes but it was not as strong as the stuff we got from Home depot. I do not know the name of it but when Ron gets up I can ask him for you. It is designed to be sprayed on and left there, no need to wash off. It killed the mold. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 15:48

• We have mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom, that is why I was asking, and for when we eventually take these baseboards off. Thank you!

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:53

• I will find out and let you know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 16:15

• This stuff would be too strong for that. I would mix some bleach and water together in a spray bottle and use that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 16:27

• Oh I put the pictures of some of the kitchen work on my blog. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 15:35

• I will check it out now

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:44

• Only if you think you feel up to it , please. I know you have been suffering from the issues from your seizure and have trouble reading blogs. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 19, 2018 @ 15:46

• I was looking through your blog. I have missed some posts for sure but i read most and I did not see the reconstruction ones yet

Comment by bethanyk — January 19, 2018 @ 15:46