January 21, 2018

Alabama republican wants schools to teach creationism from the christian bible and give kids credit for it on tests.

Filed under: Children, News, Political, Religion, Science — Scottie @ 08:53

Again pushing religion in public schools, giving faith as science in instruction, allow kids to be uneducated.   Hugs

Section 1. (a) In any public K-12 school instruction concerning the theories of the creation of man and the Earth, and which involves the theory commonly known as evolution, any teacher may include as a portion of instruction the theory of creation as presented in the Bible, and may read passages in the Bible as deemed necessary for instruction on the theory of creation, thereby affording students a choice as to which theory to accept.

(b) For those students receiving instruction as described in subsection (a), and who accept the Bible theory of creation, credit shall be permitted on any examination in which the student provides a response in adherence to the theory, provided the response is correct according to the instruction received.

(c) A teacher in a public K-12 school may not stress any particular denominational religious belief.
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2018/01/20/alabama-republican-proposes-bill-to-teach-biblical-creationism-in-science-class/#Rs1dh3QyslW0YLg5.99

1. Bible theory? Bible…theory?

Hulk Mad!

These idiots wouldn’t know a theory if it bit them in the ass. I amost kinda wish this bill would pass, just so it could get slammed in court. But it would be preferable for people to stop electing these morons.

Comment by shelldigger — January 21, 2018 @ 10:11

• I worry with the courts being stuff with tRump nominees that admit they put ideology before the secular laws that when it hit the courts they would say it is OK. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 10:26

• That is a genuine concern. The S.O.B. has been working to ensure many of his appointeees pass his personal “kiss my ass, and do what I want you to do, if you want the job test.”

Comment by shelldigger — January 21, 2018 @ 10:29

• I also worry about the federal attorneys he appointed for the district he does business in. He took the unusual step of interviewing them personally. Maybe he was looking for more of that famous loyalty. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 10:32

• That was some B.S. right there. tRump knows good a damn well he his business practices can land him in jail, and he is doing all he can to influence the possible outcome. Atrocious!

Comment by shelldigger — January 21, 2018 @ 10:35

2. Hey on the bright side it will help dumb down amarrica even more. And easy credit is what high schoolers live for.

Comment by jim- — January 21, 2018 @ 10:17

• The kids could just make up and spout nonsense and get good grades. The adults think they saved a soul. Seems win / win . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 10:24

• Isn’t interpretation a wonderful thing!

Comment by jim- — January 21, 2018 @ 10:25

3. The bible for bible-believers – but for all others this must be promoted as a book of fairytales – what it really is. For a foreigner – as I am – the American intelligence – if you have one – looks pretty strange and trump – while watching all the damage TRUMP does to your society — and accepting it.

Comment by miles — January 21, 2018 @ 11:28

4. Heaven help us…no pun intended. hugs

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 12:27

• I agree. I ponder the head explosion of some of these theist if a ship full of space aliens were to land in a major city here in the states. Or maybe a large football televised game. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 12:29

• They would still be in denial. Hugs.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 12:30

• Really, could they ignore what they could see, hear and maybe touch in favor of something from an old book with no proof and full of mistakes. That really would boggle my mind. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 12:33

• They will believe whatever fits their need or was drummed into their little brainwashed minds all those years back on the farm…no offense farm folk.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 12:35

• I know we all have our biases, but still that someone’s mind could be so closed is horrible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 12:39

• Being from the deep south, I am all too aware of the roots that are so deeply embedded and the unwillingness to become educated to reality. Hug.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 12:48

• I had a sudden thought ( do worry , it will go away soon ). Why do people from different areas of the country handle information changes differently? Why do we think of people from some areas as “stubborn” or ingrained, while we expect other areas to accept changes and are upset when they dont do so as fast as we like? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 13:07

• Well, though I have travelled here and far I know that there is a deep seeded bigotry ingrained in the south. Hell’s bells they are still bitter over the civil war! I am hoping the young people that are getting out into the world are rejecting the indoctrination. 🤗 I don’t think racism is as socially accepted in the north.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 13:30

• I was thinking of the stereotype that people in the south are naive, backward, and dumb while people in the north are educated, accepting and open to science. Now I have lived in the south and I found the stereotypes wrong. I would say it is not even true about religion as I can think of as many hard core religous extremists in the north as in the south. So I was wondering how this idea got so popular in the country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 13:37

• I arrived at my opinion based on having rom lived in both areas. There’s nothing like the Deep South when it comes to racism and violence against minorities and religious brainwashing to justify it. I suggest a song by the Staple Singers “Down in Mississippi”.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 13:46

• I apologize for digressing Scottie, going off mark, I do that when I am feeling rather strongly about something. Perhaps it seems unfair to say that the deep south is backward but many are. Many are not less educated (I don’t think they are naive) than people in the Northern region of the country. Perhaps my experience has been different, a different interaction with people that I came in contact with. Not to say there is not a multitude of problems up North progressively.They can be filled with hate too. I am saying that racism is so deeply embedded in the rural south and that evangelical radicals abound preaching white supremacy. I speak from personal experience. I spent a good deal of my childhood in the rural South. My single father traveled and I lived with my grandparents on a farm in the heart of the South. I listened to the bible thumpers preach white supremacy, the racists who hired (after all slavery is illegal) minorities to work the fields but would not allow them to eat their lunch on the back porch. We have a long way to go in the South and in the North and in the world.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 20:55

• I understand where you were coming from. But that really was not what my question was asking. Like you I have traveled, and I have lived a long time in both New England and Florida. I have seen examples of both the stereotypes and the types you mentioned in both places. I was wondering how the north escaped the stigma laid heavily on the south when both have the same type of people scattered over diverse areas. It is OK, it was just a passing thought I had . Be well, hugs.

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 21:01

• Hugs.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 21:04

• By the way. I never got your name. It is OK if you do not want to give it out, I just want to know how best to address you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 21:13

• My name is Holly, have a great evening! Hugs.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 21:50

• Thank you Holly. I am going to bed. Be well . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 21:53

• night, hugs.

Comment by House of Heart — January 21, 2018 @ 21:55

• God sent them … of course! What other possible reason could there be? “He” simply wants us to get to know some of his other creations, doncha’ know?

Comment by Nan — January 21, 2018 @ 13:25

• Or maybe he sent them here so we could preach to them? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 21, 2018 @ 13:28

5. Creation truly is stupefaction of people including children – cause it has NOTHING to do with facts – but onl y with FAIRYTALES – and fairytales are as cruel as creation is.

Comment by miles — January 22, 2018 @ 10:33

6. That’s pretty messed up right there. Here in Texas, a lot of fundamentalists just homeschool their kids so they don’t have to learn about “evilotion” (yes, they spell it with “evil”, thinking it’s funny).

Comment by Anderson Connors — January 24, 2018 @ 15:58

• Weird isn’t it. So many parents use to sacrifice to make sure their children got a good solid education and even advanced educations. Today we have parents sacrificing time and money to make sure their children get indoctrinated into ideology rather than education. Horrible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 24, 2018 @ 16:02

• Have you been to Ark’s blog? https://attaleuntold.wordpress.com/
      Often there are great atheist / theist conversations going on there. There is one on today’s post. You may like it. He posts other stuff a lot also, but when they get talking about religion / religious people is is very educating for me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 24, 2018 @ 16:12