January 28, 2018

Schools that teach about magic: religious church schools.

Filed under: Atheism, Memes, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 09:50

1. The meme is perfect. You know historically the Catholic Church forbade the use of astrology but still use it in the Vatican. The cosmology and zodiac are very present. My feeling is they tried to take that away from ordinary people to gain more control. People who are unable to chart their own path rely on the church to do it for them.

Comment by jim- — January 28, 2018 @ 09:57

• Well said Jim. Again showing it is about control , power , and money. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2018 @ 09:59

• Sex, territory, food, and male dominance. Abrahamic religions are just an extension of ancient primatology.

Comment by jim- — January 28, 2018 @ 10:01

• Makes me think of all the colorful plumage the with fancy accessories the church leaders get all fluffed up in while telling women to be modest and not to dress in ways that draw attention. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2018 @ 10:04

• Aha! Another excellent observation! I think your on to something there. If the cardinals only swung around in some vines for their mating ritual it would all come into focus

Comment by jim- — January 28, 2018 @ 10:06

2. Fairytales, that the churches tellin the bible, are definitely no magic.

Comment by miles — January 28, 2018 @ 11:11

• Well no fun magic and not for the followers really, but the stories are full of magic done by all three of the god set. Glad to have you back Miles, you were gone for a long time. Is everything going OK. Stay warm and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2018 @ 11:14

• I was not gone for a long time. I wrote comments frequently, maybe you didnt notice?

Coming back to Magic and Fairytales: Magic is at least in the phantasy of the reader or viewer; in the bible there are no facts but just lies made up by those telling fairytales, which have nothing to do with magic – but only with unproven lies. And their only aim is to control the minds of as many people as possible for just the benefit of the Priesthood and the Rich.

Comment by miles — January 28, 2018 @ 15:54

• I did notice a few comments lately. I was thinking of the space of time before this. I am glad you comment, and I worry about you when a lot of time goes by without anything from you.

I agree. However wouldn’t you say god doing miracles are magic? Even though we know that is impossible and a lie told, the christians believe it happened and is true, and so they teach it in their schools and churches. Be well, Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 28, 2018 @ 16:21

3. Haha. My kid doesn’t even believe in Santa and hasn’t from the day one because we raised him as a critical thinker.

Comment by rudeboyrg — January 28, 2018 @ 12:20

4. Hilarious!

Comment by The Godless Iowan — January 28, 2018 @ 21:05

5. Much safer than the snake-handling churches I’ve heard of, LOL.

As for “definitely no magic” (previous commenter): Do you mean “magic isn’t real”? If so, I agree. But if you mean the stories aren’t about magic, I have to disagree. That’s pretty much the textbook definition of “magic” — superpowers unexplained by physics. Jesus putting mud in a man’s eye to cure him of blindness. Moses waving around a magic stick to make water get out of the way. Joshua shouting an incantation so the Earth quits rotating for a while. And so on.

Comment by Anderson Connors — January 29, 2018 @ 14:29