January 30, 2018

The Christian Obsession With Abortion

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 22:24

Some days I just do not have enough time to point out the obvious. That is why I depend on blogs like this and the authors of these blogs. This author explains it so much better than I ever could. I am not going to go over every point, Anderson is really clear in his presentation. I urge you to think on what is written. I hope for a better world, yet when I try to engage people Like Mel Wild, I almost give up hope. Hugs

AndCon

I doubt I’ll ever understand the Christian obsession with abortions. It’s fairly obvious that this is the primary issue that keeps the “religious right” on the side of Republicans, so we KNOW why it’s a big thing for the GOP — they need the religious right. But why is it a big deal for Christians?

Today, the Senate failed to pass a 20-week abortion ban, which the GOP was cleverly marketing as “The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act” ? a gish gallop of misleading words.

View original post 422 more words

1. Mel is a disingenuous Nob of the highest order … as it Branyan and his sociopathic daughter. They are most definitely not playing with a full deck.

Comment by Arkenaten — January 31, 2018 @ 06:14

2. it is really easy to understnd, if you go back to the ages whwn the bible, some 8000 years ago. Word population was just in the range of 70 Million people. So to become the biggest religious group, all religious leaders had to strictely forbid birthcontrol and abortion.
    And if people nowadays believe in the Old Testment or the bible, abortion must still be strictely forbidden.

Comment by miles — January 31, 2018 @ 11:30

• Yes more followers would mean more money. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 31, 2018 @ 11:45

• Despite what fundamentalists who haven’t read it believe, the Bible doesn’t actually consistently condemn abortion, and actively conflicts with the idea that it is “murder”.

And around the time Roe vs. Wade actually passed, most American Protestants didn’t really object to it. It wasn’t until a few years later that the Religious Right decided to have anti-abortion replace pro-segregation as the movement’s central unifying cause.
      (Catholics, on the other hand, have consistently opposed it.)

Comment by D.T. Nova — January 31, 2018 @ 21:57

• Hello D.T. Thank you for the information. I wonder why it has become such an all encompassing obsession with the religious right. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 1, 2018 @ 07:50