February 7, 2018

Bigotry

Filed under: Bigotry, meme, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 07:51

Remember what the confederate battle flag stands for.  A group of traitors that attempted to overthrow the legitimate elected democratic government of the USA.   No one who honors that flag can claim to love the US and claim to love the USA flag.   You can not hide the fact that the confederate states tried to violently destroy the USA and that action was so they could have the legal right to own another human as property.   So get real about what you are saying if you display that confederate battle flag.   Hugs

(cartoon by Adam Zyglis)

1. We had jerks like this over here who, once we became a democratic nation, would still wave the old Transvaal flag at rugby matches. And many would dress in Khaki like the old Boers. Ridiculous. It doesn’t happen any more,thank goodness, but the Redneck mentality still seems to be pervasive over in your place.

Comment by Arkenaten — February 7, 2018 @ 08:51

• It’s not just pervasive, it’s pandemic, and the Civil War ended over 150 years ago. It’s no wonder that Confederate flag wavers are pretty much all fundie Christians too. Idjits.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — February 7, 2018 @ 09:21

• Agreed. But I want everyone who sees Bubba with his flag plastered all over his truck, house, and tattoo on his body to know what exactly he is celebrating. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 7, 2018 @ 10:57

• Hello Ark. I wonder what these people get out of acting like this. What is the personal joy to be stuck in the past with ideas long moved past. The war these idiots celabrate / honor was 150 years ago and they lost! They are honoring pride in losing? IN owning other humans? I guess I just don’t understand. IF I screw up or have a bad idea I don’t spend years crowing about it, I don’t brag I did it. But they do. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 7, 2018 @ 11:03

• There are some instances where one can leave well alone and such nonsense will die a death, much like escaping air from a whoopee cushion.
        There are other times when such people need a bloody great slap around their stupid heads!
        I’d ban it and ride out the storm for the few months people would squeal like piglets until they got over themselves.

Comment by Arkenaten — February 7, 2018 @ 11:35

2. I’ve lived in NC and Fla and have seen the confederate flag in both places. You can bet these flag wavers are religious, racist and Trump supporters.

Comment by Mary — February 7, 2018 @ 09:20

3. There will always be those who prefer to live in the past. More so amongst the oldsters … because the past is so much more “comforting” and takes less energy than trying to keep up with the present.

Comment by Nan — February 8, 2018 @ 18:17

• Hello Nan. I agree with you. I was reading your comments on Mel’s blog and his responses. I noticed he tried to shift the burden of proof against you with his response that empirical evidence couldn’t either prove or disprove an afterlife. There is no disprove. He has the burden of proof as he is the one asserting it exists. So as he already admits empirical evidence doesn’t show any sign of an afterlife, he can not assert it is real. Just as you said. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 8, 2018 @ 18:24

• This is his pattern, Scottie. He can only defend his POV to a point, then he has to resort to words like “fallacious” or “bogus,” or “category mistake” … or his favorite … it’s all “scientism”!

Comment by Nan — February 8, 2018 @ 18:57

4. I wrote about this flag from a native view.
    Love it, love you
    Big hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 23, 2018 @ 09:52

• Hello Mishelle. Thank you for the reminder of that post. I think it is a great thing they did, even more so when it is so hard. To admit you did a wrong and then try to fix it is a testament to how a being and a nation can grow and become better. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 23, 2018 @ 10:06

• A to the men..
        Hugs and keep writting I stealth read everything. 🙂

Comment by Michelle Styles — February 23, 2018 @ 10:19

• I also do the same, I have so many blogs and less time so I have to hit quick , sometimes in email versions only and run to the next. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 23, 2018 @ 10:57