February 7, 2018

Kitchen construction continues.

Filed under: Construction, My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 15:07

So I have been even worse at getting to the many blogs I love and answering the constant deluge of emails.  ( email inbox up over 9000 as of yesterday. ) I love all the blogs I can not get to each day.  I love the emails I get which can quickly go over three hundred depending on the discussions I get into on comments.  Yes I love to read what others comment on posts I like.  SO if I comment on a blog I will normally follow the comments.

The last few days I have been helping Ron with kitchen rebuild instead of being on the computer.   We had to get more cabinets and put the finish on them.  We had to get more paneling and get it up, Ron moved outlets, and we still have household chores to do, like cooking, eating, cleaning, laundry , and sleeping.  Yesterday evening Ron had to get a new window A/C unit for our bedroom and install it, and I assisted him.

As many of you know we went to remodel our kitchen and found the entire outer wall of the room was destroyed and had to be replaced.  I posted several posts on it.  In two days Ron ripped the old wall out and put up a new one.  I should have thought faster and just had him inclose the carport the wall faced.  Here is a few pictures of how far we have gotten.  Remember Ron works full time at a hospital doing 12 hour night shifts.   Hugs

1. Looking good – we did a Butler’s pantry recently and that was hard enough.

Comment by Deb Whittam — February 7, 2018 @ 15:09

• Hello Deb. We had to basically gut this place after we bought it. We also had to replace the outside walls on three rooms. We did not know when we bought it, but it had water and termite damage. But we have the idea of building it the way we want it. But Ron has done most of the work and he is aging now, 63 years old and his health is not as good as it was. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 7, 2018 @ 15:39

2. Looks great so far!

Comment by Carmen — February 7, 2018 @ 15:17

• Thank you. We are fluid enough about what we want that if something needs to change we can make it work better. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 7, 2018 @ 15:36

3. The new cabinets look fantastic! Send Ron down here when he’s done. 😀
    -hugs-

Comment by acflory — February 7, 2018 @ 15:41

• Thank you. But after fixing and selling four homes ( each one I wanted to keep each one ) Ron says this is the last one. If we sell this one, the next one has to be all fixed with no problems. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 7, 2018 @ 16:00

• lol – I know I’d hate to have to move so I hope you guys get to stay put. 🙂

Comment by acflory — February 8, 2018 @ 06:10

4. More handy then me. I used a drill once on a small thing and after that promised my wife I’d never touch a drill again. Always call the handy man. I’m horrible with these type of things. Looks good.

Comment by Rudeboyrg — February 7, 2018 @ 15:48

• 😃😄😋
      Ron has done construction and taught me some stuff while we remodeled office buildings. He is the brains and I help where I can. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 7, 2018 @ 15:52

5. Gosh things look awesome, wow Super Ron he’s such a hard worker for sure, his attention to detail definitely shows excellent work

Comment by Cory Melancon — February 10, 2018 @ 20:31

• He really is a super hard worker, and his knowledge of construction is incredible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 10, 2018 @ 20:33

6. Looks a lot better than it did. By far!

Comment by shelldigger — February 11, 2018 @ 15:14