February 24, 2018

NRA plan for school security. Horrible but seems what gun nutz / republicans want.

Filed under: Cartoons, Children, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 09:41

(cartoon by Dave Granlund)

(cartoon by Adam Zyglis)

(cartoon by David Horsey)

(cartoon by Rob Rogers)

(cartoon by Dave Granlund)

1. Good ones, Scottie and btw you’re video about all this was excellent, but just way too logical and rational and after all, gun nuts and religious folk don’t believe in all that critical thinking fake thinking!

Comment by Mary — February 24, 2018 @ 10:07

• Thank you Mary. Just doing my part to stop the madness. Like you say, some just don’t want to listen or understand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 24, 2018 @ 10:50

2. That first cartoon is too close for comfort.

Comment by Nan — February 24, 2018 @ 12:47

• Agreed. Boy I can not imagine how hard it would be to learn or even to teach if they turn schools into prisons. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 24, 2018 @ 13:00

3. Hi Scottie;
    It’s a wonderful and sunny day in Michigan, big brother. I’d say the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming…. but, you know, winter. Nonetheless, a smile upon all and hugs all around!
    So, on this wonderful day, I find myself asking some odd questions that seem to garner even odder answers. For instance: since I was raised around guns my entire life in one form or another, be it hunting or target shooting, even being a terror to the local pest chipmunk clans, I can’t recall the last time a bolt action 30-06 was used in a mass murder. Are they now passe? Oh, and on with criminal behavior; why am I considered a criminal sympathizer when I believe that a young child brought to America and raised as an American should not be summarily deported to a land they no longer own as their own? And, why am I called a socialist because I think we should feed and educate the children of our country? Why do I find myself cross-ways to the powers that be when I think we should focus on renewable resources, such as wind, solar, hydro-powers, rather than burning coal, oil and gas? How come that is suddenly un-American?

Confused in Michigan;
    hugs
    -randy

Comment by Randy — February 24, 2018 @ 13:20

• Excellent questions, Randy. And I think MANY would agree with you. Unfortunately, we aren’t the ones in control at the moment. But hopefully this will soon change and the lighter, more benevolent, side of our human nature will reign.

P.S. The secret lies in the ballot box!

Comment by Nan — February 24, 2018 @ 13:45

• Great questions Randy. I wish we had a media that was asking the powers that be those questions. Stay well, winter will be over soon and the grass will be growing. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 24, 2018 @ 13:49

4. Yes people really need to vote this time…the youth and minorities. It is in their own self interest if they do and if not, it’ll only get worse for all of us and the planet. A very dangerous cancerous far right religious movement is trying its best to take over this country by appealing to the ignorant, uneducated and those who refuse to think but only want to follow. This election will be a turning point.

Comment by Mary — February 24, 2018 @ 15:27

• I agree. I hope progressive democrats can keep it together, keep the energy up, and win. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 24, 2018 @ 15:47