February 27, 2018

It is time to talk

Filed under: Cartoons, History, Memes, News, Political, Reason — Scottie @ 15:10

Thumbnail

1. I don’t know if you subscribe to the Arborist or not, Scottie, but he had a very sobering article on this morning. That, combined with another article listed on his sidebar, brought me great despair. I worry about all my friends/relatives in the States. . .

Comment by Carmen — February 27, 2018 @ 15:17

2. I see the Macdonald article is gone. Here is the link:

Comment by Carmen — February 27, 2018 @ 15:20

• Thank you Carmen. I am reading the first one now. I do think things have already changed under pressure from these young people. Republicans are talking about taking small steps dealing with gun violence that until now they wouldn’t even talk about. The power these young people have is two fold, social media and the power of new voters. I will keep posting to help them. I know the world worries about us, and at this point so do I. It has never been this bad in my lifetime. However young people forced a big change in the late 1960’s. Lets hope they can do it again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 27, 2018 @ 15:23

3. It takes a lot for me to lose my optimism, Scottie, but I admit to feeling quite defeated after reading those – especially the second one. (He’s a Canadian, by the way – a well-respected journalist here)

Comment by Carmen — February 27, 2018 @ 15:29

• I understand Carmen. Don’t lose hope yet. The times they are a changin. With the young people driving this on social media it by passes the big money and media. The online news sources are mostly supportive. We are having a resurgence of progressive democratic candidates. That wave, the young people, social media , and internet news outlets are proving an effective offence so far. It is a slow start, but to get a large unmoved object rolling takes a large effort. Then it gets easier to keep it rolling. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 27, 2018 @ 15:44