March 18, 2018

A great visit from a special person.

Filed under: Family, Love, My Life and Rants, People I like — Tags: , , — Scottie @ 10:53

As many people know I have a special friend who is more than a brother to me.   Randy is smart, funny, kind, generous,  and a sweet person to be around.  He drove a long way to come visit last week.   Ron and I really enjoyed the time we spent together.   Here is a picture of the three of us at an outside restaurant on the waterfront.  It was very windy but we enjoyed it.   Randy is the one without a jacket on.    Hugs

Randy, Scottie, Ron in the wind

1. Wonderful picture. You all look so happy. How great it is to have loving friends who take the time to come visit!

Comment by bethanyk — March 18, 2018 @ 12:00

• Yes. Poor guy had to drive two days to get here. It was wonderful to have him here. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 18, 2018 @ 12:06

2. Unusual jacket you’re wearing … ??

Great picture. Good friends are the best part of life!

Comment by Nan — March 18, 2018 @ 12:52

• Yes good friends are priceless. My coat is a heavy over shirt, a thicker than normal shirt, so I use it here in florida on windy days. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 18, 2018 @ 13:20

• But is it different on each side like it shows in the picture (plaid on one side … solid on the other)? That’s why I said it was unusual.

Comment by Nan — March 18, 2018 @ 13:25

3. Lucky family in Florida – to have Randy over after 2 days of driving – and back 🙂

Comment by miles — March 18, 2018 @ 14:08

4. Lovely, we choose our own family these days I believe, great to see you all so happy in the sun. ❤

Esme Cloud hugging Scottie

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — March 18, 2018 @ 19:01

• Yes. So True. The ones I grew up with tortured me. I was adoptive. Randy is the most brother I have ever had. He has stood by me when I was in a very dark place and he stands with me in the sunshine. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 18, 2018 @ 19:40

5. Hi Scottie;
    Hey~ Who’s the goofy looking dude in the striped shirt? 🙂

Thank you both SO MUCH for such a great visit. I have no words to tell you how much it meant to me to be able to come see you two. As you know, I really hate to travel, but I truly had a great time and look forward to coming to see you again.

Hugs!
    randy

Comment by Randy — March 19, 2018 @ 08:21

• Thank you brother. We hope we can do this more often. It was special to spend time with you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 19, 2018 @ 08:28

• Hi Randy nice to hear from you once again. Sorry that we lost contact. Remember me? Miles from Germany?
      Big hugs dear friend
      from Miles

Comment by Miles — March 19, 2018 @ 11:31

• Hi Miles,
        And, yes, of course I remember you, and fondly.
        Be well, and big hugs to you, too.
        -randy

Comment by Randy — March 19, 2018 @ 19:58

6. Our dearest friends are what make life all worth it, bearable sometimes as well as joyous! So glad you had time together Scottie. ❤

Comment by Professor Taboo — March 19, 2018 @ 22:25

7. Love it you all look so happy, how was the food hope you treated yourself to something nice

Comment by Cory Melancon — March 20, 2018 @ 00:44

• Food was OK. Our friend had not eaten in a outdoor on the water restaurant. The place is at the end of Pine Island so the view was decent. Problem was it was windy that day. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2018 @ 09:08

• Can you explain how a water resturant works sounds most interesting

Comment by Cory Melancon — March 20, 2018 @ 09:13

• I think I am not being clear. While I have been to floating restaurants this was simply a restaurant with a big deck off it for tables and eating. So while the restaurant is on the land it is also on the edge of the water. This one has tie up spots and places for the boaters to access the restaurant. Hope this makes it clearer. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2018 @ 09:18

• Oooh it did wow a floating resturant I’m gonna have to try that someday 😊

Comment by Cory Melancon — March 20, 2018 @ 09:19

• I enjoy dinner cruises a lot. Go out on a boat for dinner, then normally dancing and music. We also have afternoon cruises here, mostly for gambling. But they do normally have great food. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2018 @ 09:22