March 24, 2018

March For Our Lives 2018.

1. Did you see this? (Via CNN)

To hear the National Rifle Association tell it, Saturday’s March for Our Lives was orchestrated by billionaires and Hollywood to push an anti-gun agenda.

On Facebook Saturday morning, the NRA posted a short membership-drive video along with a brief message.

“Stand and Fight for our Kids’ Safety by Joining NRA,” it said. “Today’s protests aren’t spontaneous. Gun-hating billionaires and Hollywood elites are manipulating and exploiting children as part of their plan to DESTROY the Second Amendment and strip us of our right to defend ourselves and our loved ones.”

I call Bull-Shit! It’s GUN-HATING BILLIONAIRES AND HOLLYWOOD ELITES that are keeping the NRA alive!

Comment by Nan — March 24, 2018 @ 19:48

• Thanks for sharing this Nan. I read today that the NRA has increased its advertising spending 600% since the Parkland shooting. They are facing their first real threat to their business of selling machines that cause death. They don’t like it. But fake stories and insulting these young people will backfire on the NRA badly. On report says they are spending over $47 thousand dollars a day to sway people’s opinions. SO the NRA is the billionaires fighting in this fight. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 24, 2018 @ 19:52

• I should have written it’s Gun-LOVING billionaires. Whoops. My bad. But I think you knew what I meant. I was just so angry when I saw this ….

Comment by Nan — March 24, 2018 @ 20:01

• I understood and sort of repeated it also. I agree with being angry. We have adults bullying young people and disparaging them just to make money. The young people have a right to ask adults to give their lives priority over money made off selling guns. The young people are correct to ask the adults to protect them better. The young people should be seeing adults act in honorable ways giving a good example for them to follow, but instead the NRA is being deplorables. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 24, 2018 @ 20:06

• The NRA sounds as if it is resorted to whining now.

Comment by Arkenaten — March 25, 2018 @ 05:28

• or has resorted to … even.

Comment by Arkenaten — March 25, 2018 @ 05:29

• They are getting really vicious toward the young people. They are showing what they really are. Heartless and caring only about the money they make from gun manufacturing / sales. The more bitter they get the more people they lose. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 08:28

• I like that these kids just tell it like it is, too, and don’t mince words. I’ve heard more than a few tell the NRA and tRump to f**k off. Music to my ears.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 25, 2018 @ 10:25

• Plus they are non tribal which I like. The repeatedly say they want to vote on ideas, not the party or the person. IF the person supports the position on the issue of guns / gun control / school shootings they will vote for them. I like the idea of voting on policies and programs, on ideas and issues, not on party. The democrats are closer to my views but they infight with each to the point of destroying their own message sometimes. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 11:24

• I agree on the Dems.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 25, 2018 @ 12:09

• I hope they can keep from self harm this election. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 13:22

• Me too. I’m hopeful. We have energy and desire on our side. Hopefully Dems will simply let their primary run its natural course and not fk with it. Hopefully. If they fk this up this time, we’re truly f**ked.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 25, 2018 @ 13:40

• One of the things I find most encouraging is they’re presenting valid changes. They’re not just emotionally screaming “Get rid of all guns!” They’re offering common sense suggestions/solutions.

But of course the redneck, gun-totin’, flag-wavin,’ gotta’ have guns to protect me ‘n my family group are so busy shouting about their Second Amendment “rights,” they can’t hear anything else.

Comment by Nan — March 25, 2018 @ 12:31

• Exactly. You simply can not even talk to these gun nuts about reasonable gun laws without them flipping out and not allowing it. Thus, NO talk of reasonable gun laws has taken place. Hopefully, this will help change that.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 25, 2018 @ 12:35

• You are correct. I have hope, we have to change the situation as it can’t keep going like this. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 13:21

• I always ask should your second amendment rights outweigh a person’s right to life? All of our rights have limits. Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. But it is hard to talk to someone if they think you are trying to take something away from them. hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 13:21

• They have. They’re scared, and it’s showing. makes me smile, but the pressure needs to stay on them–I’ve a sense it just will this time.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 25, 2018 @ 10:23

• Yes ! I agree, look at the size of those marching. The people in congress and the state governors must be worried. These are new voters who will vote on this issue. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 11:25

• This is actually a GOOD sign. The bastards are scared. They see this leading to change, and they’re doing all they can to stop it. They won’t. This march was wonderful. tRump and the idiots who support him have awoken some very positive energy for change in our country. I hope it continues to grow and stays strong.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 25, 2018 @ 10:21

2. Reblogged this on We Hold These Truths To Be Self-Evident and commented:

This is a powerful video.

Comment by Xena — March 25, 2018 @ 01:51

3. These young people are our last hope in many areas or it’s all over but the writin’

Comment by maryplumbago — March 25, 2018 @ 09:06

• Seems like that. But they have the energy, the desire, and the ability to push the positive results we need for change. I am stunned at the attacks on the young people personally. It is vicious. It is adults bullying young people. What have we become as a people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2018 @ 11:27

4. Great post, wonderful music and a just cause.

Comment by Phil's Personal Perspectives — March 26, 2018 @ 01:28