March 27, 2018

UNSHOCKING: Sociologists Find That Support For Trump Is Largely Driven By White Christian Nationalism

Filed under: News, Political, Questions, Religion — Tags: , , , — Scottie @ 12:41

A new study by a team of university sociologists purports to reveal that support for Trump is largely driven by “white Christian nationalism.” The study examines support for statements such as “the federal government should declare the United States as a Christian nation” and includes an accounting of “anti-black prejudice” and views of Muslims and immigrants.

1. We read, that supporters of trump und the gop are mainly christians, so everbody can see clearly, that christians support Racists and Racism betraying their own christianity – those bigots will burn in Hell

Comment by miles — March 27, 2018 @ 13:42

2. How completely unsurprising.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — March 27, 2018 @ 14:12

3. Agree, Scottie. I see it everyday. I suspect this truth is far more and worse than I would have ever believed. I find the hypocrisy disgusting!

Comment by maryplumbago — March 27, 2018 @ 15:03

4. To anyone who wants to explore this phenomenon more deeply, I suggest learning more about the “Christian Identity” and “Sovereign Citizen” movements.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — March 27, 2018 @ 16:21

5. I should have been a sociologist, for I began saying that in June 2015!!!!

Comment by jilldennison — March 28, 2018 @ 04:21

6. Can’t say I’m surprised there is a straight line link from religion–> privileged, racist whites–> the orange idiot. It is a fairly obvious conclusion here in the south.

I have a blog because I can’t relate to these people! Send help!

Comment by shelldigger — March 28, 2018 @ 07:49

7. I wanna hug even though I’m a Christian lol

Comment by deontetowner — March 31, 2018 @ 20:04

• Welcome Deontetowner. Welcome. Of course you can have a hug. You know I an anti-religion, and some say anti-theist but I do not have an issue with people who have faith if they don’t try to make others live by it, put it into government and laws, and try to make their religion taught in schools. I always say a personal faith is far different than an organized religion. You be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 31, 2018 @ 20:44