April 5, 2018

OK that horrible time again when I need a new avatar picture.

Filed under: Funny Stuff, My Life and Rants, opinion, Pictures, Questions — Scottie @ 11:22

OK I know it is a pain , and painful to do, but I need to update my avatar picture.  I took two sets for you to look at.  I never can tell what pictures look good of my self.   I forgot to set the lights for the camera, dropped both cameras on the floor and had to rest all the settings.  I seem out of focus, but you guys decide.  By the way I forgot to reset the camera on the first set to show the proper view relationship.  In other words my left is right on some.   I think.  Hugs

1. For me it could be just the First…

Comment by miles — April 5, 2018 @ 11:34

• Thank you Miles. By the way did you get my recent email response to your question? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 11:35

2. The top one or the bottom one Scottie. You look great with a beard BTW. You rock that brother!! Great look for you.

Comment by jim- — April 5, 2018 @ 11:38

• Thank you Jim. I use to have the full beard. When I got really sick my body couldn’t keep the beard full. So I went clean shaven. Now I am keeping the chin clean to try a different look. Plus it keeps chicken wings sauces from running into the beard and getting all yucky. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 11:44

3. Hi Scottie;
    I like this one: https://scottiestoybox.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/snapshot_20180405_2.jpg?w=640&h=
    What I can tell, it’s the third pic. It just seems to capture the real you.

hugs
    randy

Comment by Randy — April 5, 2018 @ 12:21

• 😃😄😎 I think I look stoned in that one. You have a better eye than I do so it is in the running. That was before I turned on the camera light and before I readjusted the flip mode. Hope all is well for you today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 12:45

4. Great pics. Keep the same, that way we recognize you immediately hugs

Comment by House of Heart — April 5, 2018 @ 12:24

• Hello Heather. I like to change the avatar to be current. That way no one can say I am trying to look younger than I am. 😃😄😉 Don’t worry, you will always be able to recognize me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 12:43

5. Very bottom one😊

Comment by maryplumbago — April 5, 2018 @ 12:46

• Thank you Mary. That was my favorite as it has more lighting. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 12:54

6. The shirt color is good, and I like the facial hair. I’m distracted by the stuff in the background. Is there a place where you can take a photo with either a plain wall behind you, or with objects that are meaningful to you and big enough to see?

Comment by Ubi Dubium — April 5, 2018 @ 15:21

• I am in the office Ron built for me. The wall behind me is three feet from my chair. The stuff behind me is a curio cabinet we had to move in here and push behind me so we could renovate the kitchen. Same with the coffee maker. We had to stuff my office with stuff from the kitchen livingroom. I could move the stuff out or tighten the zoom up to more of just my face. WHen I crop it for the avatar it is mostly just my face anyway. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 15:25

7. The last one is about right. It avoids any hints of startled rabbit, condemnation or superior smirk. 🙂

Comment by colonialist — April 5, 2018 @ 16:24

• Thank you. I like that one also. The lighting is better on it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 16:24

8. I like _3 and if your eyes had been a bit more open, I also like _8 (I like the whimsical look). Overall though, I have to agree with others, the last one is probably the best.

Comment by Nan — April 5, 2018 @ 17:06

• Thanks Nan. I wish I had remembered to set the lights and camera before I started to take the pictures. But there was enough for a choice. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 17:10

9. So it looks like you picked #7 … yes? It’s a good one too.

Comment by Nan — April 5, 2018 @ 17:45

• I thought I picked 8 as you liked it and it was the same as the last one but clearer. The last one ws blurry. Maybe my count is not the same as yours? I will go look again. I appreciate the input. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 17:47

• Oh I see, you used the number and I counted. My goof. I will check out 8 now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 17:51

10. Gosh this one is tricky because you look great on lots of them, but I like the smilers and have narrowed it down to the ones that end in these numbers; 5-3 and 5-4 and 5-6. The last one wins out of those three as it’s the happiest looking. I love a good beard and this looks ace on you sir!

Esme twirling his moustache upon the Cloud

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — April 5, 2018 @ 19:05

• Thank you. I had a lot of votes for the last one in the set, but it was all blurry when I tried to use it. I will look at your choices. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2018 @ 19:10

• Yes, that’s a great one too, but as it was blurry I didn’t add it to the mix.

Esme giving him a hug upon the Cloud

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — April 5, 2018 @ 19:11

11. Looking at bottom picture if you go up 5 counting that one on the right i like that one the best. It is clear, the light is good, and you the smile is perfect 🙂

Comment by bethanyk — April 6, 2018 @ 12:36

• Thank you Bethany. That is the one I chose yesterday for a temporary one. I think I may stay with it. To me it was the best of the bunch and none of them were very good. I did it in a sudden hurry, not the best way to take good pictures. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 12:39

• That’s what I thought. It looks like the one you chose. I for sure like it best but also there is a silly one that you could choose too that I thought was really cute. I think you did great in a hurry

Comment by bethanyk — April 6, 2018 @ 12:45