April 6, 2018

The votes so far.

Filed under: My Life and Rants, Pictures, Questions — Tags: , , — Scottie @ 10:30

Thanks to everyone who voted.  I don’t think any of the pictures were very good, but you guys did try to find something in them.  Here are the vote totals.

Miles voted for # 0                              Colonialist Voted for # 14

Jim voted for # 0 , 14                           Nan voted for # 3 , 8

Randy voted for # 2                             Esme voted for # 6, 3, 4

So by my math that is 2 votes for # 0, 2 votes for # 14, 2 votes for # 3, and one vote for a few others.

So there was no clear winner.  The three most liked were:

Snapshot_20180405

Snapshot_20180405_14

Snapshot_20180405_3

Please let me know what you think would be the best thing to do.  Should I pick one of these, leave the one I put up yesterday, or take a new better one.   Be well.  Hugs

1. I would pick whichever one you like the best even it didn’t get the most votes. I know it can be tough choosing self portraits and feedback certainly helps. You did inspire me to change my photo. I don’t particularly like it but it was time to update mine as my original photo was several years old. By several, I mean it was probably taken at least 10 years ago. I’m two months shy of 40 so a photo from my late twenties was probably a little misleading. 🙂

Comment by Ben — April 6, 2018 @ 10:48

• Thanks Ben. Maybe you still feel in your 20’s so it might be a good representation of you. I change my looks and style so much I have to change my avatar about every three months. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 11:06

• I’d love to say I still feel like I’m in my twenties. I’ve worked in a warehouse job since I was 18 (so almost 22 years) and I have 3 kids (soon to be 4) that run me ragged. I may think similarly to when I was in my twenties but I probably feel more like I’m in my sixties. Everything pops and creaks when I get up and move now. 🙂

Comment by Ben — April 6, 2018 @ 12:42

• I am 55 and I understand what you mean. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 12:46

2. So, dear Scottie, I revote for number1 again. It is as far you , as could be. sorry, but than I have two votes. 😉

Comment by miles — April 6, 2018 @ 11:04

• I will add your vote. When you say # 1 do you mean the first picture or the one with the ending number -1? Hope all is well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 11:07

3. The top picture in this set is definitely a “no” vote because you’re looking down. The second one is “ok” but, IMO, too “up close and personal.” Sooo, as is evident from my comments, my vote is definitely for the bottom one — primarily because you look happy and relaxed.

Having said all this … ya’ gotta’ do what ya’ gotta’ do … so pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

Comment by Nan — April 6, 2018 @ 13:28

• Thanks Nan. My cat Milo is pushing for his picture to be the avatar. I think I will leave this one until my next haircut or restyle. Then I will take my time, take a good picture and use it. I will use the good camera so it has depth to it. Thanks to you and everyone who gave their ideas. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 13:30

4. Hi Scottie;
    I vote number 3. And, I laugh that I do get a vote! 🙂 Do whichever you like, but,….. since you asked :)….. I like #3. Eyes shining, face open, warm, looking up and towards “us”. It shows you best, in my opinion. #1 you are looking down a bit, and #2 you are just a bit out of focus. Or is that me? Just woke up. Any way, you look good!

Hugs;
    randy

Comment by Randy — April 6, 2018 @ 17:43

• Thank you Randy. I sent you a skype message yesterday. Hope all is well. You have tonight off? Have fun if you do, heck have fun even if you don’t. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 17:44

5. Scottie the last photo is the best. The first photo your eyes look a bit like you took a few hits off of a bong 20 minutes ago. The second pic is a tad out of focus and suffers from bad lighting. The last one your eyes are wide open, focused straight ahead, and you are wearing a genuine smile.

Comment by shelldigger — April 6, 2018 @ 18:28

• Thank you. That seems to be the one most are liking. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 18:30

6. Hmmm…I’m not getting notifications from WP. Must look into this. Oh and re the photo – choose the one /you/ feel most comfortable with. The photo is supposed to reflect who you are, not just what you look like.

Comment by acflory — April 6, 2018 @ 23:09

• Great point. Sorry you have not been getting notifications. Makes me wonder I have not gotten any from your blog in a while. I will go see if I missed stuff. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2018 @ 03:43

• Wouldn’t surprise me if WP has chucked a wobbly. It does every now and then. 😦

Comment by acflory — April 7, 2018 @ 05:42

• So weird. WP settings had you set for weekly notifications instead of instant. No idea how that happened but it’s fixed now. If you don’t hear from me regularly please let me know in case the settings have changed again.

Comment by acflory — April 7, 2018 @ 05:47