April 6, 2018

Top 10 Crazy People Who Claimed to Be God

Filed under: Atheism, Creator, Criminal, News, Questions, Religion — Tags: , , , — Scottie @ 13:54

As you watch these think on this, how are these any different than Scientology, Mormon groups, Jehovah witnesses, and all other religious claims made without evidence?    Also ponder what you would say if your neighbor told you god talked to them?  Then they tell you God told them to build an alter?   Next they tell you God told them to kill one of their children on it.   If you are a member of one of the abrahamic religions you must think it is a great thing your neighbor is about to do, as that is what was asked of the founder of those faiths.    If like me you are an atheist and feel strongly that killing kids is not an act of commitment to a unseen unproven never there sky god,  You immediately do whatever it takes to protect the children from the madman neighbor you have.    Think on it.  Hugs

1. It’s sad to see people allowing themselves to be put in these situations. I was reading a family members thread on FB about reading books that are not written by the church leaders. (Mormon) He was saying that any other writings do not hold the “authority “. I just smile and keep sipping my tea. Someday he might pull his head out of his ass.

Comment by latinagem — April 6, 2018 @ 18:08

• I think it has to do with needing to fit in and have a fellowship. To have people who you can be with that doesn’t depend on your own ability to make friends. People are social creatures and many are very lonely. Many people don’t know how to socialize or make friends, and they can use a common church as a substitute. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 18:13

• I absolutely agree on the need for community and fitting in for some people. But when they lose themselves and the ability to think beyond the group mentality it’s just sad. Or is it a way of protecting the herd?
        You have just given me something to think on. I’m going to hit Jim up to chat about this. He’s the ying to my yang. Lol

Comment by latinagem — April 6, 2018 @ 18:25

• I agree with you, I wish non-religious communities had the same type of support systems for people so they wouldn’t need churches for those things. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 18:31

2. Also, some of the most racist and unkind people I have ever dealt with were in the LDS church. Talk about people being um, friends without having to use any social skills. Being stuck in the Relief society at the LDS church was scheduled torture.
    Pretty much everything there is scheduled and orchestrated to make sure we kept tabs on one another. It’s all about control of the parishioners and the cash.
    Glad to be out!

Comment by latinagem — April 6, 2018 @ 18:33

3. Whoa!! Marshall applewhite has proven beyond all doubt that people can be stupider than I can imagine. He has nutty written all over his face. And the story is stupidly unbelievable, and people followed him to their death. Wow

Comment by jim- — April 6, 2018 @ 18:53

• Yes I agree, and I wonder why they did. Yet all the time I find stuff I ask how did someone fall for this. Flat Earthers come to mind. How did Joseph Smith , a known con man and criminal, convince so many people to follow his silliness to form a religion based on his stories and tales? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2018 @ 18:56

4. Amazing and amazing that these people have followers (well not really). I think there is far more mental illness that we realize and not just these “leaders” but the people who follow them and just how much difference is there in mainstream religion than this?….probably just number of adherents

Comment by maryplumbago — April 7, 2018 @ 09:04

• You maybe correct. I read somewhere that certain brain chemicals can cause people to be more believing of outrageous things. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2018 @ 10:11