April 30, 2018

Amanda. Her comments, my replies, how she sounds in her comments.

1. Dear Scottie. Due to time constraints I was only able to get through a little over half of your video. I needed to respond to the issue of Ga. banning immigrants. I spent many summers on my Grandparents farm as a child. The field hands were black, my grandpa worked with them and after pleading I was allowed to pick Colton with them one summer day. I wrote a prose on it titled Cotton Field that I will put up one day. After an hour I cried , I pleaded to stop, my hands bled, my back bent to the ground . Of course I was allowed to head back home. The rest worked sun up to sundown paid by the pound in their cotton sacks each day. I returned six years ago. No blacks worked the fields , the workers were Mexican. The farmers were totally reliant on them to work their crops. I understand they are desperate there now, no one to pick cotton, string tobacco, etc. they are hurting. Most voted for Trump. A perfect example of not seeing the full picture and knowing what’s good for you. Enjoyed the clip. Will return. Hugs

Comment by House of Heart — April 30, 2018 @ 15:09

• Thank you. I don’t know how they do that work, and I give them all the credit possible. I thought I was a tough teen, but it was not something I could keep doing. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 30, 2018 @ 15:11

2. I have a feeling Scotty that you and Amanda may be at odds from a geographical or demographic standpoint. It is one thing to believe what you hear, but it often conflicts with what we observe. I came from an area that was very accepting and tolerant, years before it was fashionable to do so. Seattle has an acceptance for diversity and equality almost to a fault. I know what I have seen in my travels gives me some insight to the issues that exist in different pockets, and think, wow, I’ve never had to deal with that. But in my own world, Amanda speaks a lot of truth, but in the overall picture I think she has some work to do. I like her, and appreciate her straightforward approach and passion. In time consensus will come, and it’s usually somewhere in the middle ground is what works best. If we were in Panama we wouldn’t even have this discussion. Not that there are not problems too, but attitudes and political correctness don’t exist nearly as much as here, and though there is bantering, it’s accepted that people are different. Hang in their buddy. I know where you’re coming from. I spent some time in Ft Lauderdale a couple years ago, and the tension was thick. Like a bomb waiting to go off. I couldn’t even get a black personal to look at me. I told my wife about it and she told me I was imagining things. I told her to watch, and I asked a black man at Olive Garden if he knew the time. He wouldn’t look at me nor acknowledge I was even there. Just looked straight ahead. Even at the variety store I couldn’t get a black person to help me. There are some deep rooted problems in broward. Not sure where you are but I would never go back there. I just love everyone, but that part of Florida for those two weeks was a time bomb.

Comment by jim- — April 30, 2018 @ 15:10

• Thank you Jim. I use to live on the east coast of Florida, in West Palm Beach. Then I moved to the west coast to North Fort Myers. I could deal with Amanda a lot better if she would deal with the subject or topics address. Instead of going off on what she thinks she knows or is hearing. I gave the example of talking about the fact white men are not labeled terrorists yet a non-white doing the same thing is. She came back with the shooter of the Pulse nightclub was a gay muslim. Not only was that wrong, but it was proving what I wrote. I got frustrated with her changing the goal posts every comment. I got frustrated she would insult me , yet cry I was insulting her. I felt like I was deal with a white christian apologetic . For me the last straw was going to her blog, leaving a detailed factual comment on her post about the two black men arrested in Starbucks. SHe felt they had broken the law and I explained the manager called the police with in two minutes of them arriving, while white people there were not required to order. She deleted the comment. I replied to Ben on that telling him of the video. She delete that comment. SO I have little respect for her. She does seem interested in truth or knowledge but she does seem to be a white nationalist. Her actions do fit that title. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 30, 2018 @ 15:19

• She does have quite a mixture of thought going on. Not sure about her background, but I know when I deconverted it took a while to sort things out. Old news sources had to go, and my own feelings developed over time. It will be interesting to see, but hopefully we can all improve and help each other along. You never know what kind of crisis people are dealing with personally. I tend to give a lot of leeway. Blocking comments isn’t right, but it may have been just too much for her to deal with at the time. Dissension in the ranks always makes us better Scotty. I don’t agree with her sometimes, but that is alright. I’m hoping she’s ok, her posts have been very passionate lately and sometimes that stems from difficulties of some kind. Keep it even keeled and paced is a safe way for the long term.

Comment by jim- — April 30, 2018 @ 15:29

• Thank you Jim. She is welcome back, I made that plain. However I do not need to be mistreated either. If she wants to talk, have a conversation we will. I think I was fair before and I will try to stay fair, but she has to hold up her end, that is if she wants to engage. She can always read without commenting if she wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 30, 2018 @ 16:07

3. Amanda is what my grandmother used to call, “a pistol”. “She’s a pistol, that one.” I’m not sure you’ll ever be able to get through to her and continued encounters will result in more and more frustration. No matter how hard a hamster tries to go forward when running on its wheel, it’s something that simply will never happen.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — April 30, 2018 @ 16:01

• I think you are correct. Time will tell. I tried to be fair with her. It just seemed she was willing to play games, like never even seeming to read my replies and to jump to something else all the time. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 30, 2018 @ 16:09

4. Scottie, do you remember that Republican who came to your blog regulaly and telling lies every once he commented. In that time you wrote, that you didn’t know, what to do about him. And I made clear that I would rebuke him with every lie,
    He finally gave up, what he probably thought, was just legal propaganda.

Comment by miles — May 1, 2018 @ 14:54

• Yes I do remember him. He called himself Fofo. And he gave up because I banned him from commenting. I warned him several times I wouldn’t tolerate him using personal insults to other commenters. He also refused to answer any of the questions asked of him. So he still sent me emails and attempted to comment and when I wouldn’t let him he gave up. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2018 @ 14:58

• oh, sorry I didnt know the last outcom. You didnt tell in those thimes. okay.

Comment by miles — May 1, 2018 @ 15:02

• No I felt he was in the wrong and I did not want him attacking my other viewers. I did not tell anyone because I did not want him to be a shadow on the blog. He could still read it, but not comment. Once he couldn’t comment he soon quit. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2018 @ 15:04

5. You’ve handled this admirably Scottie, and with more care and thought than I’d have the energy for. Some people are not for turning, but it is important to answer them when they’re own apparent facts are far from the truth. It also makes a huge difference where you live, and how you’ve been brought up, much like Jim says. Trump is capable of staring a new civil war between people who share the same constitution as each other. It’s all down to how much damage will he manage to inflict before he’s out, what will his legacy be? Not something to look too deeply into at present. I hope your gums are healed, I like the new haircut too, though I do think you have such lovely hair it looks mighty fine long. But I’m not the one looking at you every day, Ron is! Hahahahaha. Stay well dear Scottie.<3

Esme hugging him upon the Cloud

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — May 6, 2018 @ 14:32

• Thank you Esme. Ron has a view of how he wants my hair to look and as he cuts it I let him have his way. I don’t have a preference as long as it is not in my eyes. Thank you for your words on Amanda. I do wonder if I could have handled it better, or what I could have wrote to reach her. To me it seems she was not really reading what I replied nor looked up anything I asked of her. She seemed to want her say, her view put out there with no checking done on it. I will keep trying, it is the best thing, keep trying. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 6, 2018 @ 14:40