May 26, 2018

The USA separates children from families and then not only loses them, but admits that some were given over to traffickers. Then says the government is not legally or morally responsible? This is pure child abuse!

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, Criminal, Family, Harm, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 12:00

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

“If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions earlier this month. “If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border.”

1. Yep. We are fast becoming the new Nazis. And I mean this very literally.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — May 26, 2018 @ 12:07

• Yes. Like Ellen it sickens me. The idea that any adult in this country thinks taking children away from loving parents is horrible. The idea that an adult cares so little for the welfare of these children they are OK with losing track of them and turning some of them over to abusers is beyond criminal. The idea that the adults doing these acts now say they are not legally responsible like that is the real worry here is not something I can understand. I guess in their minds they were just following orders? Well everyone should know how that worked out for those Nazis who claimed that. They were still guilty. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 26, 2018 @ 13:03

2. The very same atrocities that we condemn in foreign countries is occurring within our country…and this is acceptable? We are moving backwards and rapidly, this must STOP! As a Mother and Grandmother this brings me to tears of sorrow for these innocent lives at the mercy of this evil practice. Thank-you for bringing attention to this travesty.

Comment by Ellen — May 26, 2018 @ 12:49

• Thank you Ellen. Thank you for being a caring and kind person who has sorrow to see these things. I am at a loss at what we can really do, but I will keep showing the harms in hope we can get these things changed. I am so angry they turned some of these children over to abuse. It shakes me to my very heart. Yet the ones doing it think they are great saviors of our country.
      They are wrong. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 26, 2018 @ 13:00

• I just read an article by Holly Richardson of the Salt Lake Tribune about the Trump nominee, Ron Mortenson, to oversee refugees and migration. If you are unaware, as I was, the possibility is horrifying and probably very real. Things will only go downhill for immigrant hopefuls if this comes to pass.

Comment by Ellen — May 26, 2018 @ 15:23

• Thank you Ellen for this news. Can you shoot me the link? Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 26, 2018 @ 15:25

• I read this on Yahoo news. Try going to hollyonthehill.com., this is her blog and you will find the article there. Hope you are able to find it, well worth reading. Hugs back!

Comment by Ellen — May 26, 2018 @ 16:00

3. This just makes me ill. We have the non religious equivalent of Satan running our country and his minions and followers are totally complicit. Trump is just like Hitler and he has a steady supply of henchmen. I can’t believe what is happening to our country, which is fading away fast before our eyes.

Comment by maryplumbago — May 26, 2018 @ 19:17

• I agree Mary. I get so discouraged, so upset over it. I am watching the country I served in the military to protect die every day due to tRump and his crew and I have little way to stop them. But we must keep trying. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 26, 2018 @ 19:30