June 3, 2018

“Not only will there be no help coming to rescue us after Trump has turned all our allies into our enemies, we will also be left behind technologically, scientifically, educationally, socially and in every other way, as the rest of the developed world moves far ahead of us, while we regress back into the Dark Ages”.

Filed under: News, opinion, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 16:38

Trump refuses to shake Angela Merkel’s hand at a meeting in the White House last year. Notice how she is trying to engage him but he refuses. This is deliberate on his part. Trump is busy imposing sanctions on countries we have always been friendly with, creating trade wars with these countries, so now they […]

via Trump is deliberately isolating us from our foreign allies. — Lucky Otters Haven

1. Thank you for sharing! I thought I was already following your blog. I am now though.

Comment by luckyotter — June 3, 2018 @ 16:40

• Thank you. But please don’t feel you have to just because I follow yours. I get a lot of information from your blog I find important that I do not see elsewhere. My blog is very diverse and doesn’t settle well with everyone. However as I like to say , my toybox is deep and wide and I hope there is something here you will enjoy. Also I welcome comments, even those that disagree with me and explain how wrong I may be. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2018 @ 16:43

2. I feel so completely like you do. It’s a very foreboding feeling. And it all so unnecessary. That’s what so disheartening to me. We, the decent people are being co–opted by the NRA, religious extremism, which is hate in disguise and the push against education especially in the public schools. I feel like the ruling elites want to keep the rest of us ignorant and uneducated, racist and religious precisely so they can manipulate and control the masses. Trump and his associates in power, do a marvelous job of this. He has gathered up a base of support that borders on cultism, mass hysteria and total brainwashing. Religion is just one tool he uses and plays to and they eat it up.

His supporters and the religious nuts in this country will reap what they sow, but unfortunately we will to.

Comment by maryplumbago — June 3, 2018 @ 18:09

• Well said Mary, very well said. I agree with you. Hugs.

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2018 @ 18:22

3. I’ve been observing these developments on my own blog (example) and am coming to similar conclusions. Trump seems to think it’s still the 1950s and the other democracies are weak and dependent and can just be ordered around by the US. His preference for regimes like those which rule Russia and China — essentially mafia organizations which control very large territories — perhaps reflects the kind of business practices he’s comfortable with.

The damage to our relationship with Mexico is especially tragic. Since Mexico has reduced its birthrate and invested more in education, it’s become a booming country — the twelfth biggest economy in the world, growing more than twice as fast as the US economy. That’s why the net flow of illegal migrants from Mexico has been negative for a decade — more are going back home than coming here, because there are more opportunities in Mexico. What a potential opportunity for us, having such a fast-growing country right on our border! But Trump has poisoned that relationship more profoundly than any other.

Thanks for linking to Luckyotter’s post.

Comment by Infidel753 — June 3, 2018 @ 20:28

• Great points. thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2018 @ 20:30

• Just read your post. I like it. Well thought out and very well written. Great post. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2018 @ 20:43