June 6, 2018

I have been trying to balance life

Filed under: My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 19:14

I have been hit or miss on a lot of blogs lately and I do want to say I apologize for that.   I have been busy trying to handle this thing we call life.  I am doing better in some ways, doing worse in others, but I am happy.  Ron and I have had big changes in the last three weeks.  First the young man we have taken care of for so many years and watched him grow into a man of his own right, has moved out and we have our front of our home back.  We are adding that to the remodeling projects.  The new kitchen is coming along nicely, with every step seeming to add a problem but ones we can overcome so far.  It is both a good time and a not so good time.  But today I want to share a couple good times.  Here below are pictures of the new car we just bought.  I kept the van for times when I need to go somewhere and Ron is also out, and also a few picture of Milo enjoying one of the front room windows I put the fireplace in front of for him.   Thanks.  Be well, I really care about all of you.  Oh and yes the front light was destroyed in the storm.  This week I painted the old post and Ron and I put a new solar light on it. The shiny stuff in the windows on the front of our home is reflective insulation to keep the room cool while James was here.   Ron and I play in the next month to remove the windows and make a new wall across the front with four better windows.  I will share the pictures.    Hugs

1. You’ve been missed (in case you didn’t think so). Glad to hear you’re well, enjoying your new car, and fixin’ up the place! Lookin’ good! 🙂

Comment by Nan — June 6, 2018 @ 19:33

• Thank you. I do miss you guys, but life has sort of been getting in the way . Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 19:35

2. Summers are full. We’ll be around good friend. I’m having trouble thinking about much more than this house I’m building so we just move along. I’m not here much either

Comment by jim- — June 6, 2018 @ 19:52

3. Congrats on the new car. Milo looks like a spoiled, happy cat. 🙂 Take your time. Take care of you. As Frank Sinatra once sung, that’s life.

Comment by Xena — June 6, 2018 @ 20:47

• Thank you Xena. Right now life is very full for us. Yes Milo is the boss and he knows it. His much younger sibling Odis is not the boss and Milo reminds him of that all the time. You be well also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 20:52

4. Keep on blogging when you have the time. We will be here.

Comment by Tony Burgess — June 6, 2018 @ 20:51

• Thank you Tony. I try hard to manage my time, but I find I have more needing doing than I have time to do it right now. But dang I do like this community we have, and I do miss it when I am not part of it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 20:54

5. If you’re happy, I’m happy Scottie! :). The place looks great and it’ll just keep getting betterer and betterer.

Comment by carmen — June 6, 2018 @ 21:00

• Thank you Carmen. I am happy. Ron and I are even more in love and comfortable together now in our 28th year as ever. It is good to be alive. But I miss getting to all the blogs and responding to the many people online I care about. I simply find Ron and I have so much to do I get to the computer later and spend less time online each day. Be well. You have been a special person to me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 21:03

• I hear ya, Scottie! Life’s like that sometimes! Hugs to you, too!

Comment by carmen — June 6, 2018 @ 21:06

6. Love your cat Milo
    Jd

Comment by Jd — June 6, 2018 @ 23:59

7. So you’re an empty nester now? -hugs- Great looking car and Milo is gorgeous. 🙂

Comment by acflory — June 7, 2018 @ 08:29

• Thank you. Yes we are. Rather exciting. Plus it comes at a good time for us to remodel that room. It has huge windows that are not very good. It is hard to keep the temp comfortable without blocking out most of the windows with reflective insulation boards. That room faces east and get morning sun heating up the room terribly. We did put a large A/c unit in the room for James, but then he wanted a smaller one so we did that. Now with the room opened up again the small one is working hard to keep the temp even. So we will put a bigger one in when we redo the front wall. The plan is to take the windows out and only put in four much smaller much better windows. Plus one window on the carport side near the door. I will take pictures and post them. Ron is excited because that will become his living room / TV room. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 7, 2018 @ 08:34

• YEah, windows leak heat in winter and suck in the heat in summer. For fire safety I had fire resistant shutters installed and as an added bonus, they keep the internal temp so much more even.

Comment by acflory — June 8, 2018 @ 06:10

• We went smaller with the car this time. Ron wanted something good on fuel milage. So we got the Ford Escape. I am keeping the van but as I don’t need to drive much we wont use much fuel in it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 7, 2018 @ 08:36

• Makes sense. I’ve never seen the point of those huge SUVs with only 1 person in them. :/

Comment by acflory — June 8, 2018 @ 06:08

8. I’m sure you’ll be thrilled once your home is all fixed up. Nice car too. And Milo is adorable and it’s great that life is good to you.

Comment by maryplumbago — June 7, 2018 @ 11:45