June 6, 2018

why do females have less body liberty?

Filed under: Atheism, Bigotry, Cartoons, Harm, Homosexual, Memes, News, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 12:42

(story here) .. (cartoon by Matt Wuerker)

1. Its called patriarchy

Comment by House of Heart — June 6, 2018 @ 12:56

• That is one of the nicer words I have used to describe it. Mine all und up not being fit for polite society. A woman should have total rights over her body as a man does to his. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 12:57

• Hugs! In the current autocracy equality doesn’t stand a chance.

Comment by House of Heart — June 6, 2018 @ 13:02

• Then we change the autocracy to a democracy again. I know it is hard to keep fighting for rights and civil societies. I have found and seen gains accompanied by losses all my life. But if we don’t fight we will lose everything we care about. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 13:08

• Actually half of the population who is voting against rights like abortion are women.

Comment by Amanda — June 6, 2018 @ 15:07

• That’s so pathetically true. Many women are so dependent emotionally and some financially, from father to husband , They have few thoughts that are essentially their own.

Comment by House of Heart — June 6, 2018 @ 15:56

• Many pro life women are very independent thinkers who think on their own that fetuses deserve human rights.

Comment by Amanda — June 6, 2018 @ 17:03

• Would that be over their own life? That really is the issue to me. The life of a human female over a non-human yet life? I admit I do not consider the fetus a viable being until it can live outside the female body. I guess I would ask those independent thinkers why they think a collections of cells, knowing cancer is also a collection of cells, should have more rights than the existing human female. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 17:09

• I’m not interested in your attempt to shove your beliefs down my throat. Not at all.

Comment by House of Heart — June 6, 2018 @ 18:35

• Well I didn’t express any beliefs, just facts.

Comment by Amanda — June 6, 2018 @ 18:37

• Did I do that? OH I see you and Amanda are talking . Sorry I will step out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 18:59

• Hello Amanda, how have you been? Yes that maybe today. But we have to break that down. First the objection to women’s rights / freedom came from male authority figures, especially religious ones. I would bet that the majority of females against womens rights do so based on the religious teachings of their church. I can only say that all of the females who wish to regulate other females to a second class status I have talked to based that view on their religious education.

So how do we get equality for everyone? I do not know. I have been fighting for equal rights all my life. I am now 55 years old. What would you suggest? I assume as a female you would reject efforts of males to tell you what you can do with your body / sexuality? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 16:02

• I reject the efforts of anyone trying to unjustifiably control and limit the rights of anyone.

My point was that, as an active member of the pro-choice community, I’ve experienced far more women against women’s rights than men.

Comment by Amanda — June 6, 2018 @ 17:01

• Amanda I guess I was not clear in my reply, sorry. I am not disagreeing with you, I am asking your opinion. I was saying I found that those I have talked to came from a certain religious view point. I am not as involved in the women’s rights movement as I am in other rights causes and so I do not have the data at hand. My question is what do we do to further equal rights for everyone including women? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 17:06

• Educate people, stop breeding and start reading and make people more aware on issues they vote on.

Comment by Amanda — June 6, 2018 @ 17:08

• I agree. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 17:11

• I do have a question. I am for lowering the population to reduce strain on the environment and the planet as a whole, but why do you wish less breeding? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 6, 2018 @ 17:12

• Sooo many reasons, 8 billion people is way way too many to be on this planet.

Comment by Amanda — June 6, 2018 @ 17:14