June 9, 2018

Tonight’s supper I am making

Filed under: Family, Love, My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 19:16

So in between trying to get my blog correct again due to my own stupidity, I have been doing home chores.  Tonight I volunteered to make supper as Ron has been all day putting up new vinyl siding on the outside of the kitchen wall that he had to rebuild.  I mentioned it in an earlier post that when he moved the kitchen door he found the wall was destroyed so he had to put in a new outer kitchen wall.  So today we got all the stuff and he has been out there working his cute butt off.

So I took a dozen pork chops and seasoned them with rubbing minced garlic on them , lemon pepper, mesquite, garlic pepper, and steak seasoning.  I would have used all season but I can not find it in all the moving things here.

Then I put them in the oven at a low temp, 275 for a hour s Ron still wanted to do a bunch of stuff outside.  That baked the flavors in.   Then I got the stuffing read, the cut green beans, a dark brown gravy.   After the meat had gone an hour I asked Ron if he was ready to stop, he said in a bit, so I check the chops.  They were half done and already seasoned.  So I took them to 400 and put them in for about 25 minutes.  Everything should be ready at the same time.  Got to go cook.   Loves and hugs

1. I can smell it from here. . . :).

Comment by Carmen — June 9, 2018 @ 19:22

• Ron is digging in and has told me I did great. That is what I wanted. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 9, 2018 @ 19:32

2. I love pork and yours sounds delicious. Bon appetit!

Comment by acflory — June 9, 2018 @ 19:24

3. What a coincidence! I’m planning on fixing pork chops tonight as well. I use a couple of the spices you mentioned but not the others so I’m going to add them as well. I usually cook mine at 350 for about (if I remember correctly) 30 minutes. Hope mine turn out as good as yours did!

Comment by Nan — June 9, 2018 @ 19:59

• enjoy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 9, 2018 @ 20:00

• Nan, how did your pork chops turn out? I hope they were good. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 10, 2018 @ 13:40

• I discovered I didn’t have all the ingredients you mentioned so I had to substitute a bit … but I got a “thumbs-up” from my other half — and I thought they turned out pretty darn good myself. 😀

Comment by Nan — June 10, 2018 @ 13:47

4. Good stuff friend chef, writer, activist is there anything you cant do, your the greatest

Comment by Cory Melancon — June 18, 2018 @ 02:47