June 22, 2018

Cop Murders Fleeing Black Teens (VIDEO)

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, Criminal, Harm, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 16:13

This is cut and dry, and caught on VIDEO.  The police stopped a car and later admitted it was the wrong one.  A 17 year old black boy ran from the car.  They shot him in the back.  IN the BACK.  He posed no danger to any one at that point, so for all my training in my former job there was NO reason to use deadly force.  The police just murdered an unarmed black teen running from them.  Is this the U.S. of A. you want to live in?   Hugs

1. Mind blowing!

Comment by Arkenaten — June 22, 2018 @ 18:38

• Yes Ark, and now far too common in the U.S. Only one police officer has been convicted of the unlawful death of a shooting of an unarmed black person because they claimed they were afraid for their lives so had to shoot.
      Afraid of someone running away from them.
      That police officer was not convicted of the murder, but lying about it. The level of open racism by authority figures is like nothing I have seen in my country. You may have a better grip on it as you are in South Africa, but to me this last year has been a real eye opener. I do not know how we heal from all this. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 22, 2018 @ 18:44

• The worst of Apartheid I missed, but there were so many similar incidents like this to mention.

Comment by Arkenaten — June 22, 2018 @ 18:46

2. When is impeachment starting?

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 22, 2018 @ 18:45

• Not soon enough. As I just wrote to Ark, only one police officer in more than a year of unlawful shootings of unarmed black men has been convicted. Then it was not about the shooting but about the lying about the shooting. I don’t even recognize the country I live in. The Deplorables as I think they should be called are coming out in force. Now the same guy who organized the Charlottesville Nazi march is now trying to get a white superiority pride celebration in front of the white house. WTF! Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 22, 2018 @ 18:51

3. I can’t even imagine what it’ll all be in just a few more years. I feel like it’s all falling apart. I think we’ve actually come up onto the point of no return. And so many people don’t even see this…amazing

Comment by maryplumbago — June 22, 2018 @ 21:55

• I think you may be correct but not quite so far. I think we are on the tipping point of what will define our country. We need to make sure the tipping point comes down on the side of justice and civil rights. It was done back in the 1960’s and dang it we can do it better and again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 22, 2018 @ 22:00