June 27, 2018

In 2018 children are still being killed in the U.S. because they may be gay. Homophobia must be stopped

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, Criminal, Family, Harm, News, Political, Questions, Religion, Sad, You Tube — Scottie @ 11:05

The Los Angeles Timesreports:

Anthony Avalos came out as gay in recent weeks, and authorities are now investigating whether homophobia played a role in the death of the 10-year-old Lancaster boy, a county official said. Anthony was found mortally wounded at his home last week with severe head injuries and cigarette burns covering his body.

While there have been no criminal charges in the case, Cagle says the mother’s story claiming Anthony fell and hurt his head does not pass muster. “He had a severe head injury consistent with a brain bleed, plus bruises and abrasions all about his body,” said Cagle. ” All that indicates to me that that’s non-accidental.”

RELATED: Earlier this month a California man received thedeath penalty for the gruesome torture death of an eight year old boy that the man and his mother reportedly believed to be gay. The mother was sentenced to life in prison.

1. If the boy had fallen like he’s mother said.. How can she explain the cigarette marks? It’s horrible all this! Why not be proud of your child even though they are gay or not

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 11:19

• Yes, in the comments on the original post many said the same thing. I can not imagine how devastating the last weeks of that boy’s life must have been. The news reports said he was also sexually molested. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 11:43

• Ohmygod! Poor baby! Living hell straight out. I don’t understand how parents can hurt their kids for being gay or transgender etc. It’s so incredibly sad. Hugs

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 12:00

• Yes it is sad. But some groups in the U.S. promote the killing gay people. They talk such trash, at such a loud volume, that some people get convinced of horrible things. There are fundamental groups supported by our current president and vice president that routinely call for the death of gay people. That leaves a mark. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 12:41

• Ohmygod! I had no idea! Yeah Trump has caused so much problems with America in my opinion. It’s horrible what a hunt it is on gay, transgender and everyone. So sad. I’m actually glad on this point of living in Sweden where we are more acceptable of them. Hugs

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 15:22

• It is about to get much worse for civil rights for any minority here in the U.S. as one of the more moderate SCOTUS justices is retiring and this fall tRump can insert a right wing nut job who is a white supremacist and a dominionist who wants a theocracy. We / my country is royally screwed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 15:25

• Oh wow. Yeah I have read about trumps shit, like the shit he did now about the kids and the parents. I don’t understand how cruel and heartless he can be. He’s making America go down unless he can be removed soon. By the way I apologize for a bad English. Hugs

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 15:28

• Your english is as good as most people who comment here. The best way to understand tRUmp is to remember he was born wealthy and never told “no” nor made to be responsible for anything he did or said his entire life. He got bailed out by his wealthy father until his father died, and then he inherited over 400 million dollars. Before his dad died tRump worked for his dad and every time he failed his dad covered it. I know from personal experience that people who worked for him in his business were not allowed to tell him he was wrong. He wouldn’t tolerate it. He has lived his entire life like some kind of royalty that is above the laws and so has developed a mindset he is the best, most powerful, the greatest and so on. He lives in the reality of his own mind and he doesn’t think truth is anything but what he wants it to be. That’s why he lies so about everything. To him what he thinks is real, is real. So if he doesn’t like something he simply makes it not real. That about sums him up. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 15:34

• Wow! I had no idea! To be honest I actually looked up to Trump before (business wise) because of what he has done but really, I hate his guts. Ugh. Personal experience? You worked for him? 😮

Thank you, I have learned English by myself.

Yeah he needs a reality check. Hugs!

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 15:37

• See tRump’s business is all smoke and mirrors. He declared bankruptcy 6 times, and the banks in the U.S. won’t lend to him. That is why he has to get his money from Russian banks. He is well known for stiffing contractors who worked for him , refusing to pay them. Some went out of business because they did large amounts of work for tRump and then he refused to pay them. He is a thug. He uses his lawyers to threaten to sue people and then ties up any suit against him up in court for years until people give up. Trump has lost more court cases than he won. He is horrible at business and even worse as a manager. He is all talk and bluster. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 15:44

• Wow I had no idea. I’ve just heard that he worked he’s way up from zero to billionaire etc. I knew he was a pig but damn.. Crazy! Hugs

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 18:44

• He is all lies. He never worked his way up from anything. Like any want to be dictator and authoritarian, he likes to make his story much grander than it is. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 18:45

• Yeah I can see that. Wow what a clown. Wonder what goes around in he’s head when he is doing all shit.. Hugs

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 18:47

• My husband was one of his butlers at Mar-a-Largo. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 15:45

• Oh wow. That’s insane!! 😮 Hugs

Comment by Just Emmaz — June 27, 2018 @ 18:40

2. If these parents have ever attended one of the Fundamentalist Churches where they speak out about gays and say to hit them if they stand in a gay way, then the church should be charged alongside the parents for inciting to kill. This is evil.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — June 27, 2018 @ 16:15

• Sadly religions get a pass, even those religious leaders who admit to molesting children. Remember this is the country where a pedophile who preyed on 14 year old girls was backed by the religious right for a senate seat, and the peodophile lost by a very slim margin. Now with tRump and the wako right getting another SCOTUS appointment, we are really screwed. We don’t even have a court to protect civil rights of the minorities. My marriage is at risk now as is a woman’s right to control her body and sexual life. It is a bad dark time in the U.S. and it is going to get a lot worse. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2018 @ 16:20

3. Hitler and WWII repeat. Human nature always turns on others and then themselves. trump has unleashed a hell in this country that is only just beginning. First Mexicans, then blacks, then all brown skinned people and to come are gays, Jews, non christians, liberals….and on and on. Very scary times indeed.

Comment by maryplumbago — June 27, 2018 @ 20:56

• Yes, I am afraid so. Add to it the mix, a possible new hard right SCOTUS Justice and there goes all the civil rights. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2018 @ 06:26

• Oh yes and you know he’ll do that. And these judges are for a lifetime! If it ever changes back, we’ll all be long gone. The sad thing for me is that I never realized how much racism, bigotry and hatred were inside so many people here in the US. Trump has just brought it all to the surface and stokes it every single day.

Comment by maryplumbago — June 28, 2018 @ 06:42

• I agree. I am so angry at those people who decided not to vote because they felt Bernie was not treated with enough respect, or that Hillary had “Emails” . The fact is everyone knew what was at stake and they threw it way because of pride and feeling slighted. Damn every third party voter. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2018 @ 08:40

• Yes, and the Dems made a big mistake pushing Hillary over Bernie, as I think he might have won. I voted for her, but it was because of what is happening right now with trump being able to put two new Supreme Court judges in for life. I knew that would be a disaster.
            And who will run in 2020 for the Dems…they need to be thinking of that and they need to speak out more against trump with logic and examples and not just rhetoric.

Comment by maryplumbago — June 28, 2018 @ 08:48

• I agree Mary that the Democrat party should have been less bias for Hillary in the primary. However Bernie needs to take responsibility for some of that. He refused to become a democrat, yet wanted all the party support. He was an independent and should have run as one. I liked his policies but not the way he was running his campaign. Plus lets not forget Hillary got a lot more votes than Bernie did and so despite the scales being slightly tipped against him, he would have lost the primary anyway. However when it came down to only two candidates, one which would be president, anyone who did not vote for Hillary for any reason, voted for tRump. They now have a responsibility for what he has done to the country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2018 @ 10:08

• Considering that Hillary won the popular vote (which would seem to indicate strong Democratic and/or Independent leanings), perhaps there is hope in the next presidential election. IOW, not everybody thinks tRumpsky is the cat’s meow.

Comment by Nan — June 28, 2018 @ 12:44

• Yes but we need this midterm election also. However the damage to the SCOTUS is already done. If they get a justice confirmed which they can do and the dems can not stop them, civil rights , individual rights, and female sexual rights are gone. If they don’t get it before the midterms the republican ditto heads will come out as a huge block for the republicans as they will run on getting an evangelical idealog justice. Either way the country and us are screwed. I am so angry right now over those who refused to vote for hillary even though only her or tRump could win. I had people tell me they had to vote their conscience and Hillary was a corrupt person. We both know someone who said that. I am angry at the stay at home and not bother to vote people who claimed both parties are the same. I am angry at the third party voters as no third party candidate had a chance in hell of winning. I am angry at those who refused to vote for Hillary because an they felt an independent not democrat who ran in the democratic primary did not win and so screw the democrat who did win. I just got the right to be treated equal under the law in my 28 year relationship, and now I stand a good chance of having it turned into something meaningless again. So ya, I am very angry and upset. I just hope the progressive get out and vote this time. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2018 @ 12:57

4. Capitalism, the Big Money – with only a few exceptions – , uses the Bible-believers as its Raiding party, the stupid bible – believers just don’t recognize, that they are just “used” as means to an end for the just and only benefit of the Capital/Big Money.
    That may be the reason, why the Republicans still back Trump? – and this OTOH must be the reason, why Republicans back the christian Ultras.

Comment by miles — June 28, 2018 @ 08:10