July 3, 2018

New Trump admin order for separated parents: Leave U.S. with kids or without them

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, Criminal, Family, Harm, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 15:02

WASHINGTON — After a court order to reunite more than 2,000 migrant children who were separated from their parents in May and June, the Trump administration has instructed immigration agents to give those parents two options: leave the country with your kids — or leave the country without them, according to a copy of a government form obtained by NBC News.

The new instructions to agents do not allow parents who were separated from their children under President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy to reunite with their children while they await a decision on asylum, a protection sought by thousands of migrant families fleeing violence in Central America.

Advocates say that even migrants who have already passed their initial asylum screenings are being presented with the form. “We are seeing cases where people who have passed credible fear interviews and have pending asylum claims are being given this form,” said Lee Gelernt, a lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union who is leading a class action lawsuit for family reunification.

Asylum law dictates that immigrants should be allowed to make an asylum claim before a judge even if they have been given an order of deportation. Immigration rights advocates say forcing parents to choose immediately between leaving the country with or without their children means they are effectively prevented from asking for asylum.

“A child should never be held hostage to force a parent to relinquish their legal right to seek asylum,” said Wendy Young, president of Kids in Need of Defense (KIND).

The form U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are directed to read to detained parents instructs them to sign next to one of two lines: “I am requesting to reunite with my child(ren) for the purpose of repatriation to my country of citizenship,” or “I am affirmatively, knowingly, and voluntarily requesting to return to my country of citizenship without my minor child(ren) who I understand will remain in the United States to pursue available claims of relief.”

1. I fucking hate Trump and everyone associated with him. Lock ’em all up and deport every one of ’em to Russia. Fucking traitors.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — July 3, 2018 @ 15:46

• Yes! And did you see where tRump will be meeting with Putin first with out any other US personnel including tRump’s aids. Trump wants to meet alone with Putin first. Weird? Hgus

Comment by Scottie — July 3, 2018 @ 15:57

• He’s gonna get his orders from Putin. The fucking puppet.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — July 3, 2018 @ 16:18

• yes, or get shown the pee tape or what ever Putin has on him. They have something that is clear. What gets me is the republicans letting him flout the laws of the country without saying anything about him doing it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 3, 2018 @ 16:36

• I had not heard/read this about him wanting to be “alone” with his best buddy. Hmmm. Of course us perverts can come up with all sorts of reasons for this, but “politically” speaking … it’s VERY suspicious … AND very worrisome since you know tRumpsky will paint their “private” conversation with whatever broad brush he wants so long as it makes HIM look good. Translation … we’ll NEVER know what was actually said … or agreed upon.

Comment by Nan — July 3, 2018 @ 16:24

• Here is the link to the story. http://www.joemygod.com/2018/07/03/trump-to-meet-putin-without-aides-present/ I agree it is very suspicious. He did the same thing with the North Korean dictator, spent time alone with him and just translators. As Putin speaks fluent english I wonder if they will even have translators. Remember when he met with the Russian Ambassador in the Oval Office alone without a single US person there with tRump.

New story just flashed my screen, I have not read it yet. http://www.joemygod.com/2018/07/03/senate-intelligence-panel-putin-was-helping-trump/

Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 3, 2018 @ 16:40

• FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

Seriously, this only confirms what has been “rumored” for several months … and which tRumpsky has vehemently denied. Naturally, it will never stand uncontested with the usual proclamation.

This man is so disgusting! It’s getting more and more difficult to watch/read/hear the news since practically every announcement is about another one of his stupid, self-aggrandizing, and/or disturbing actions against our democracy.

Comment by Nan — July 3, 2018 @ 16:56

• Yes I agree. I read that the senate intel committee affirms that Russia did meddle in the election with the idea of hurting Clinton and helping tRump. That will piss off tRump because he claims the Russians did not help him. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 3, 2018 @ 16:58

• Very curious to see his reaction as well as the reaction of tRump’s worshipers in the House. The Senate’s findings directly contradict the House’s. Evil, rotten, corrupt, effing bastards.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — July 3, 2018 @ 17:24

2. Dear god….

Comment by acflory — July 4, 2018 @ 00:31

• !930’s are hre in the U.S. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 07:14

3. The sheer cruelty and lack of basic empathy displayed by these people is horrifying. It’s like they’re some sort of defective robotic imitation of actual humans.

There’s no appealing to common humanity with those who support such policies. All we can do is raise enough of a public fury to pressure them to change, and eventually vote out as many of them as possible when we can.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 4, 2018 @ 14:12

• Yes I agree. My question is what kind of person simply agrees with such a cruel action? How do you call yourself human and still do this. It makes me wonder at the people who did such horrible acts in Germany to the Jewish people during the Hitler times. I have heard they used the excuse they were just following orders. Screw that. It is not just your job. I think it comes down to not seeing the others people as humans. They are subhuman, a base animal not a sentient human like you sort of thing. That explains why tRump and his people keep describing the refugees in such negative terms. Animal, killers, rapists, drug dealers, and gang members. They tried to claim little kids of 6 – 10 were horrible gang members coming to hurt everyone here. And some stupid people believe that shit. It upsets me and makes me angry. I do not see why more people are simply not refusing to do this horrible stuff. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 14:30

• In the case of 1930s Germany, people were steeped in an anti-Semitic Christian culture dating back centuries, they had gone through the humiliating trauma of losing World War I and suffering through the Great Depression (worse than most countries, due to the additional burden of reparations), and by the time the really horrific things started, they’d been through several years of brainwashing by totally Nazi-regime-controlled media with no dissent allowed. It’s probably also true that German culture back then made more of a virtue of obedience than most do. Even so, it was recorded at the time that a lot of members of the SS suffered a lot of psychological strain from what they were doing — they knew it was wrong.

Once brutalization of a targeted group becomes policy, dehumanization and denigration of that group always goes into overdrive. When you are doing horrible things to people, you want to call them subhuman, dirty, evil, and so on — it makes you feel that what you’re doing isn’t so bad.

The people carrying out Trump’s sadistic policies today have less excuse than the Germans 80 years ago. Americans still have access to dissenting sources of information. Racial hatred has been discredited and made disreputable in a way that was not the case in the 1930s, anywhere in the world. They face far less severe consequences for disobedience than a guard at Auschwitz would have done (and I’ve heard of several people who have quit ICE because they couldn’t stand what they were being told to do). Most importantly, unlike people in the 1930s, we have the full story of Naziism and other forms of fascism in the historical record, as an object lesson for where such things lead.

And some people simply have some kind of mental defect where empathy is concerned. I wasn’t kidding about that. Think of Jeffrey Dahmer and Richard Ramirez and all the other sadistic serial killers. A person born that way in Iraq would have gone to work for the Saddam Hussein regime as a torturer, or joined Dâ’ish (ISIL) depending on the time frame. In Germany 80 years ago such a person would have joined the Gestapo or the SS. In America today, too, some such people probably find their way into jobs where they have opportunities to abuse people.

Those in the blogosphere who defend such actions may be acting under a much lesser version of the same kind of effects. In many cases they strive mightily to convince themselves that what’s happening is not as bad as is being reported (an option not available to the actual perpetrators, who know exactly how bad it is because they’re the ones doing it). And they’ll do almost anything rather than face the humiliation of admitting they were wrong to vote for Trump.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 4, 2018 @ 15:02

• Well said, I agree! I know there were good decent people in Germany that did fight back, and some who lost everything doing it. I also read of at least one ICE worker who quit rather than enforce the situation in one of the kids detention places. Still I wonder about the people on fox news spewing hate and deformation, some with such a venom it is really scary. Take Jeanine Pirro for example she see to really enjoy being as nasty as she can be.

I guess the real question is what more can we do? How can we effect positive change in this climate of hate and fear? I know I constantly blog on it, try to refute it, but it never seems to be enough. Thanks again, great information in your comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 15:25

• Obviously there’s not a lot any one ordinary person can do. But I think it’s important to keep speaking out. Keep telling the truth, keep challenging the lies and distortions, keep insisting on how outrageous these policies and actions are and refuse to normalize them. Many of the hard-core Trumpanzees are unreachable, but some of the less brainwashed ones aren’t (every individual is different, even among the enemy). Some people don’t pay much attention to the news and honestly don’t know the facts (example). A single argument or post or comment will never change a person’s mind — in fact, the more likely reaction is to dig in more firmly on their established belief — but a succession of such exposures over time may gradually bring about a change in thinking, for some people.

And, of course, when the time comes, vote. Always vote for the Democrat, no matter how unsatisfactory, because almost all Republicans are complicit in most of what Trump has done and even a bad Democrat is far more likely to stand up to him. And persuade others on our own side to do the same. Always remember, we are the majority. When turnout is high, we win.

By the way, did you get the e-mail I sent on Monday?

Comment by Infidel753 — July 4, 2018 @ 18:29

• I may not have seen the email. I get hundreds a day and can only get to a portion of them. I will go run a search for it. Hold on. Sorry all that came up was a few comments you have made. Can you send it again? IS it coming from Infidel753? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 18:33

• Just re-sent, thanks. I’m using the address on your sidebar. Yes, it’s coming from the same username.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 4, 2018 @ 18:37

• This is weird, but has happened before. I have the comcast account forwarded to my gmail, which I access using Outlook. I have checked both accounts and Outlook and it is not there. Try using scottiestoybox@gamil.com. That should get to me. I have all three email programs open so it has to hit one of them. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hgus

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 18:49

• Hold up. I misspelled the gmail part. It is scottiestoybox@gmail.com . That maybe why I did not get it, my goof , sorry. Try this one. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 19:01

• OK, re-sent — thanks.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 4, 2018 @ 19:16

• Thanks again. That is grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 19:20

• It is weird why the comcast one did not come through. I have had other people tell me they sent stuff to it but it did not get to me. I think I need to change the email on the header. But I have always used the comcast one. I wonder now how many emails I have missed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 4, 2018 @ 19:22