July 9, 2018

1 YR old in court alone rant

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, Criminal, Family, Harm, My Life and Rants, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 16:04

1. Scottie … sorry. I just couldn’t get through it all. Not because of anything you said, but it’s just me and videos. (Tiny suggestion … look at the “eye” and not at yourself when you’re talking so you’re talking TO the viewer.)

I do sympathize with your feelings and agree it’s terrible what this administration is doing and/or allowing. Yet, look at all the protests that have been going on and what has changed? Very little.

tRumpsky is big on WORDS to pacify his detractors, but very small on actions if it’s something that might hurt his standing among the deplorables.

Comment by Nan — July 9, 2018 @ 16:26

• Thank you Nan. I appreciate you trying. How do we change this, how do we stop it? I really am doing all I can. I don’t know how to do more. But somehow we must. These are kids, families, people who are suffering real harm. Thanks again for trying. I just really needed to get my voice out there. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 9, 2018 @ 16:30

• I understand. And I totally empathize.

Just finished reading the article Mary sent and it’s as much as or even more sickening. It’s so totally beyond me that a person can be so lacking in compassion. But I guess when you shit on gold-plated toilets …

Comment by Nan — July 9, 2018 @ 16:38

2. I agree with your rant here. People need to vote in November. If everyone who is out there protesting votes, we can win. We HAVE to win. These are terrifying times and I’m outraged, and sickened at the same time. I feel helpless. And it will only get worse. This animal now has the Supreme Court in his pocket. People MUST vote!

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — July 9, 2018 @ 17:18

• I agree, I really 100% agree. Thanks for watching the video, I admit I was so upset I was in tears after I recorded it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 9, 2018 @ 17:39

3. I feel your passion, Scottie. You’re video was good, but like Nan, i couldn’t watch it all. Nothing wrong with it, I just can’t get through ANY long video. And remember, you are preaching to the choir here.
    The main thing is getting people to vote, especially minorities, and the young who often have too much apathy.
    You did a good job, Scottie and I admire you for your passion and ethics.

Comment by maryplumbago — July 9, 2018 @ 21:08

4. There are situations where rage is the right response. This is one of them. Until the election comes, the only way the administration is going to back down at all is if they’re spooked by a wave of protest driven by anger — it’s been happening, but the pressure needs to be kept up. Trump did back down to the extent of ordering families detained together rather than separated. At least that’s better than what had been happening.

A Congressman may not pay attention to one letter, but he’ll pay attention to a thousand.

One reason there is such delay at reuniting families, and they’re having to do DNA testing to work out which children are whose, is that the authorities didn’t even keep proper records when they were separating families. Clearly they never expected to be held accountable or made to fix this. In some cases parents whose children were taken away have been deported without them. It’s a horrible mess.

And you’re right, Americans will be judged by what they do about this.

People who can watch what’s going on and feel no anger, or try to justify it, haven’t just lost the moral high ground — they’ve lost their claim to humanity.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 10, 2018 @ 13:41