July 10, 2018

Fuck the white working class

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 15:01

Good advice for the midterm elections. A very clear read, one I recommend. Hugs

Badtux the Snarky Penguin

The Rude Pundit calls it like it is.

Look. We liberals gave them health care and addiction treatment and retraining help and an auto industry bailout that saved millions of their jobs. We created the programs that brought electricity and indoor plumbing and phone service to them. We gave them tons of shit that the Republicans fought tooth and nail to prevent or take away. We kept them fucking alive, goddammmit. And in the end, none of that made a damn bit of difference because it’s not about how bad their life is with them. It’s all about identity politics. It’s all about sticking it to The Man, about being upset that niggers and faggots no longer know their place, about a fear their children might get edumacated and move the fuck away from the hellhole they’ve made of the place they live.

And since I’m sure…

View original post 939 more words

1. Hi Scottie;
    Wow, that was an intense article. But, dang if it doesn’t make sense.
    I have been completely mystified by people I know who not only voted for tRump, but get very angry if someone speaks ill – or more to the point, the truth about – him. NOW, I understand. tRump is the alter-hero. He is the guy that says it’s ok to hate, to speak horrible things about people, threaten to create a new civil war, new foreign wars, criminalize the weak and needy and sanctify the horrible, all because what some people really miss in life, is a chance to beat the shit out of some highfalutin (insert racist name here) without any repercussions, and they miss it so much they have no problem destroying their own livelihood, their neighbors, their environment, or their own best interests and future of their children for the chance to go back to those days.
    How does one make rational arguments against that?

Hugs my brother,
    randy

Comment by randy — July 10, 2018 @ 16:55

• Well said Randy, Well said. I agree entirely. As to your question on how to reach those people, I think you simply can not and have to do all you can to neutralize them. You cannot reason with them, you can not show them facts, the will only accept what they already believe. Hey did you catch my rather angry rant I posted? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 10, 2018 @ 17:01

• Most of them are unreachable, I think. You can’t compromise with people whose highest priority is to make you as unhappy as possible.

What we can do is out-vote them.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 10, 2018 @ 19:36

2. A good read and very similar to how I am feeling. Right now I’m so sick of everything I have chosen to hide under a rock for a while. Find things to distract myself with. Get some things done around here that need doing, there’s always plenty of that. Just keep myself busy and do my damnedest to only tune in to the “Liberal Media”* for a little bit to catch up on the bullshit that has all but buried our society, our country.

*You know, the media that actually reports on what is happening, and not telling me that no one is pissing in my Cheerios, and it must be the liberals fault, or Obama’s fault, or fucking aliens, where’s my rock?

Comment by shelldigger — July 10, 2018 @ 19:55

• I found this through Infidel735. He has a lot of good stuff on his channel. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 10, 2018 @ 20:01

3. Scottie can I get an asterisk? 😉

Comment by shelldigger — July 10, 2018 @ 19:56

• Sure can, the least I can do for you. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 10, 2018 @ 19:57

4. I loved this. He doesn’t mince words. I got slightly reprimanded on another blog for being guilty of white racism, but honestly what is one to think?

In this country who are the racists and bigots? Who are the anti environmental folks and and anti science folks? Who are the big wheeler dealers in the corporate and political world? Who are most republicans? Who’s fighting against LGBT rights and free choice abortion rights? Who’s promoting end times religious beliefs and only the Christian saved will have eternal life (not that anyone does)? And who’s fighting a more inclusive immigration policy? And lastly, who are the rabid trump supporters?

I’m white and I realize somewhat more than half of our country is white, but I think this is a fair assessment. And obviously this does not apply to all whites, but from my own personal experience that I see where I live and on social media and even people I know, this is a very deep seated problem. I’m not condemning, just making an observation.

Comment by maryplumbago — July 12, 2018 @ 08:28

• I agree entirely. I never realized how much being a white male gave me automatic privileges. I did not realize how deep bigotry and racism runs in the country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 12, 2018 @ 09:19