July 15, 2018

Humans save a whale from the damage humans do

Filed under: Animals, Nature, News, People I like, Twitter — Scottie @ 10:55

1. Creating emergencies we can heroically fix is a rewarding religious lifestyle. I can’t wait till everything is so polluted and dead that we fix that too.

Comment by jim- — July 15, 2018 @ 11:22

• If we survive doing it ourselves. What really gets me is everyone of these I have read of, the whales seem to understand and then when freed show great displays. I think we have badly misunderestimated these creatures. I posted one of these a while back where the person cutting the netting floated right along the whale for a long time, with the whale even liting their fins up when needed to help the human get the net off. At any time the whale could have hurt the human but even when freed moved slowly and carefully away before giving a breaching display. It brings tears to my eyes what we are doing, some of it good, and a lot of it bad to our world. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2018 @ 11:28

• There a YouTube video of a dolphin asking a diver for help too. Very cool emotional creature. The diver cuts away the netting and the dolphin shows gratitude. They are smarter than given credit for

Comment by jim- — July 15, 2018 @ 11:46

2. That took guts. If the whale hadn’t understood what they were doing, it could have killed them thrashing around.

Some animals are certainly smart enough to realize there are bad humans and good humans. I remember a report of an elephant wounded by poachers that actually went to a park ranger station because it knew it would get help there.

Comment by Infidel753 — July 15, 2018 @ 14:49

• I agree. It is hard to understand how powerful some creatures can be. Speaking of Elephants I remember reading of an elephant / dog friendship. When the dog got ill or injured ( I forget which ) and needed surgery and treatment. The elephant stayed at the clinic the dog was in and would stick its head in to see the dog. The dog got better and they returned to their ways. How many times have we misjudged creatures due to bias. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2018 @ 14:56

3. AWESOME!!! 😍💖

Comment by Nan — July 15, 2018 @ 15:08

• There is still a few people with courage and conviction to do what good they can for the creatures of this earth. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2018 @ 15:09

4. Beautiful. I love this

Comment by bethanyk — July 15, 2018 @ 21:53

• It is great when humans do something good to help those in need. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 15, 2018 @ 21:57