July 21, 2018

People be human, stop calling the police on black kids who are doing no harm. Grand thanks for the police in this case.

Filed under: Bigotry, Children, News, Questions, Race, Twitter — Scottie @ 11:36

1. I just found out about that story yesterday. I seriously hear more and more stories of police being called on Black people. Yes, there was also that example that happened in my home state where the cops were called on that Puerto Rican woman wearing a shirt with that country’s flag on it, but this is getting way to ridiculous. I hope that boy with the hot dog stand becomes a successful businessman.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 21, 2018 @ 11:45

• This is an attempt by bigoted racists to use the force of law to cause harm or hurt to those they hate. It is not about following any law or ordinance. Just to have the police come out and question a black person for doing what everyone else gets to do, sends a signal that some how blacks are wrong, even when they are not doing anything wrong. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 21, 2018 @ 11:49

• Yes, and I agree 100%. It’s as if these bigots use 911 as carte blanche to intimidate, brutalize, and/or murder Black people regardless of what they do. I’m glad people are actually recording these incidents to prove their innocence. I’ve certainly been subjected to racism multiple times, been called the N-word before, followed around at some stores even though I was about to buy something, and other random microaggressions.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 21, 2018 @ 12:01

• I am sorry to hear that. No one should be treated with suspicion without cause, and skin color is not cause. I hope we can put these racist back under their rocks until they die off. In this country bigotry should have no place. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 21, 2018 @ 12:05

• Thanks, and I’m glad you feel that way, too. There are times when I’m not just concerned about the overt racists, but the people who do/say nothing about it. It’s good that you care that people are treated equally.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 21, 2018 @ 14:59

• I do care. Having been subject to bigotry as a gay man I am sensitive to when others are treated unfairly. I have to admit though I had my eyes opened with the black lives matter movement. I never realized how being a white male gave me a privilege I never knew I was using. I posted on how as a young 19 year old I was stopped for speeding in Georgia. I did everything wrong. I leaped out of my car, I walked towards the officer, I was animated and excited. The officer just talked to me for a few minutes, asked me to slow down and then let me off on my way. I wonder how it would have gone if I had not been a white kid talking to a large white southern man. I think if I had been black or hispanic it would have gone very badly. I was talking to a guy online who has a black husband. He is terrified when they are in the car if a police car is behind them. I never had reason to fear a police car. It is something I never thought about until all these horrible unarmed shooting and killing of black people were put in the news and the protests started to happen. I want to make other white people aware of it as I got made aware. But many deny it is real. But is sure as heck is real. It is a reality I hate. Be well. Thanks for coming to my blog. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 21, 2018 @ 15:11

• We need more people like you who care. I’m sorry to hear about the times you were discriminated against. I’m also happy that you were able to empathize with all of these situations happening. I got pulled over for something bogus when I was 19 for turning right on red even though it was perfectly legal to do so at that intersection. It was a miracle that I only got a warning since I thought I was going to be beaten up or worse. I’ve seen people deny how racism is real whether from these real life events or even in TV shows or movies. Some people even freaked out when I mentioned that even kids movies have racist implications and just denied everything despite the evidence I brought up. Thank you very much.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 21, 2018 @ 15:23

• I did check out that post and saw the video attached to it.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 21, 2018 @ 11:57

• Thanks. It is a really heartbreaking video, a woman begging a police officer for help and the officer turning away from her. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 21, 2018 @ 12:01

• You’re welcome. It certainly is heartbreaking how the cop did nothing in that situation when she was legitimately harassed.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 21, 2018 @ 14:57

2. If you look up basketball cop you will find a similar story to an officer called for a noise complaint for kids playing basketball and he ended up playing with them. He started after that a great organization based here in gainesville

Comment by bethanyk — July 21, 2018 @ 13:07

• That is grand. Community policing is the best way to have police become partners with the communities. There are so many great stories of local police and residents doing wonderful stuff together. I remember in boston when cops on local patrols would help with the community centers and places for kids to go after school. It developed grand relationships between officers and the locals. Kids trusted the local officers and everything was better. With budget cuts they took too many officers out of neighborhoods and gave them too large an area to cover. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 21, 2018 @ 13:14

3. It is Trump and the Republicans. with the help of white christians, producing a social climate of racist behavior and hate. And it is again Trump, that promotes racist behavior, wherever he happens to appear, he plants theseed for racism and hate. (I know, it should be “who”)

Comment by miles — July 21, 2018 @ 14:03

• I agree Miles. The sad thing we are coming to understand that the racism and the bigotry was always there , just hidden. tRump has given these people idea that they can now say and do all they wish to with no consequences. They are embolden and think that they are the new world order. They are not. We must, we will, push them back into the past where they belong. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 21, 2018 @ 14:21