July 26, 2018

So bad …

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Bigotry, Cartoons, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 09:56

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

1. That first one holds a VERY deep message!

Comment by Nan — July 26, 2018 @ 12:22

• I agree. Not a level playing field is it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 26, 2018 @ 15:07

2. That first one is way too true. Even though I never went to Harvard, I know I had to go through way more hoops and obstacles to even remotely get on most white people’s level when it came to education and work.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 26, 2018 @ 15:59

• Yes it has been remarked by one of the wealthy comedians that remarked that to get into his neighborhood as a black man he had to have a lot of fame and wealth, but his white neighbors did not have to have either. It is a real shame on this country. I am angry that there is such a strong effort to roll back what little progress we have made on racial equality, equal rights, and even voting rights. I can not understand the thought process behind racial bigotry. We are one species, one race, it is called the human race. I am sorry you have faced discrimination. I know that hurts, and is horribly wrong. I am working towards a future where such things do not exist. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 26, 2018 @ 16:05

• Was it Chris Rock? I think I remember that quote where he talks about living in a wealthy neighborhood while one of his neighbors didn’t have to jump through more hoops because he was a dentist.

I’m glad you feel outraged about racial equality (what little we had of it) being rolled back. We are one human race. Keep on fighting the good fight, Scottie.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 28, 2018 @ 10:25

• Yes that was the one thanks for the name. I couldn’t think of the name for anything. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 28, 2018 @ 12:54

• Sure thing. I remember seeing a meme with Chris Rock’s picture alongside that quote.

Comment by ospreyshire — July 28, 2018 @ 14:16

3. While I definitely agree with the point about racism, there are also many anti-intellectuals on the right who consider “scholarly” and “intelligent” to be negatives rather than positives.

Comment by D.T. Nova — July 26, 2018 @ 21:51