August 3, 2018

Daily Mail: Mother-of-two married to a former Marine for 18 years DEPORTED

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 12:13

Mother-of-two married to a former Marine for 18 years DEPORTED
Daily Mail

Florida resident and Mexican national Alejandra Juarez was deported today despite pleas to the president and the fact that her husband is a former Marine and Iraq War veteran. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

1. Horrible.

Comment by tokyosand — August 3, 2018 @ 12:27

• Yes it is, and it is a breach of a promise made to her. What harm was she causing? It makes no sense at all to me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 3, 2018 @ 12:51

• Does ANYTHING this administration does make sense ??!?!?!

Comment by Nan — August 3, 2018 @ 14:24

• Great point. I am so tired of all of people in this administration. Crooks, liars, and thieves. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 3, 2018 @ 14:31

2. Getting worse eh?

Comment by equinoxio21 — August 3, 2018 @ 14:29

• Yes I think it is. They are taking children away from their parents with no plans to ever reunite them and they do not see anything wrong with that. The housed the children in sub standard detention facilities where the children were mistreated and abuse. Kids that had not committed a crime. Now we are deporting some one who had not been a problem. I makes no sense, the woman had family here, lived here longer than she did in the other country, she had a husband , she broke no other laws. By all accounts she was a good person. So they waste time and effort to kick her out. The simply do not want any dark skinned people. This is not about the laws, it is about who they want in the country. IF she had been white it would have been over looked and nothing done. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 3, 2018 @ 14:36

• Just remember what the German war criminals said at Nuremberg: “We were just following orders…” 😦

Comment by equinoxio21 — August 4, 2018 @ 14:14

• I think history will look harshly on this whole issue of deportations and the separating of kids from parents. Saying they were following orders did not work for the Germans and it wont work for ICE. This is similar to the Jewish people running from Hitler and were turned away by the US. We looked really bad in the eyes of history, and we will look horrible for what we are doing now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 4, 2018 @ 14:29

• And it’s not over, man!

Comment by equinoxio21 — August 4, 2018 @ 14:34

• That is the scary thing, how much worse will it get? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 4, 2018 @ 14:37

• I dunno. I just keep my fingers crossed.

Comment by equinoxio21 — August 4, 2018 @ 14:39

• I agree. I am trying hard not to get depressed over the attempts by the religious right and the republicans to take away my marriage rights and to make my marriage useless compared with opposite sex couples. I hate the bigotry that is surging right now in my country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 4, 2018 @ 14:44

3. “Then they came for…..”

This is just the beginning

Comment by maryplumbago — August 3, 2018 @ 17:03

4. Awful. I felt so sorry for those girls. Who’s looking after them now?

Comment by acflory — August 4, 2018 @ 06:22

5. This is really sad, but the part that caught my attention more than anything else was how many military families were affected. I think it’s always important to prioritise the loyalty and welfare of the people who protect the president and the country he presides over. And this is coming from someone who has no family members in the military. I just think that’s common sense.

Comment by Alexis Chateau — August 4, 2018 @ 11:47

• I agree. If a promise is made by the government it needs to be kept. I read recently that immigrants who joined the military with the promise of citizenship after their tour of duty was up, are now getting kicked out early for no reason and told they wont get their citizenship after all. That is seriously wrong. Some of these people had done almost all their service, most in areas of war. That is seriously wrong. it is all because of the bigotry of the tRump people. Now the government has made a task force to go over the naturalization records to see if they can revoke the citizenship of any of the non-white people. It is clear they are trying their best to make this a whites only nation with whites only rights. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 4, 2018 @ 13:26

• I didn’t know about immigrants in the military. That is definitely wrong. I did know about the task force to revoke citizenship though. I tell people all the time, it’s no walk in the park being even a legal immigrant in America these days. I don’t think any of us truly feel safe.

Comment by Alexis Chateau — August 7, 2018 @ 00:10

• That is true and it shouldn’t be that way in our country. Immigrants have been one of our countries greatest strengths. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 7, 2018 @ 06:24

• Agreed. Thank you!

Also, my husband sent me another article on this. The husband voted for Trump.What could induce a husband with an illegal immigrant for a wife to vote for someone who vowed to root even some legal immigrants out of the country??

Comment by Alexis Chateau — August 8, 2018 @ 17:58

• I hope you are well. I can not say why your hubby did so, but I hope he now understands the depth of the problem he enabled. Hopefully he will work extra hard to make up for that in the coming elections. People can make mistakes, that becomes a problem when they insist on keeping making the same mistake. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 8, 2018 @ 18:04

• Oh my husband wouldn’t dare do such a thing! I was saying the guy in the article who lost his wife and the mother of his two kids, he voted for Trump. My hubby sent me the article about it.

But I do hope everyone else makes it right in the coming elections. Thanks again!

Comment by Alexis Chateau — August 9, 2018 @ 01:22

• Oh yes, that amazes me the number of people who knew what tRump was saying he would do tho them if elected yet voted for him anyway. Then are angry that he did what he said he would and more and they got hurt. Stupid of them. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 9, 2018 @ 07:22

• Same here, but like I said, they have only themselves to blame. I wonder what they think of him now, or better, what the wife thinks of her husband.

Comment by Alexis Chateau — August 9, 2018 @ 21:06

6. I had already heard about this, but there was a brief insert about it in today’s local newspaper … and it just brings up (again) the anger and sadness about this whole situation. Especially when you see tRumpsky stand up in front of his sick and disgusting audience to claim he’s going to build a wall and stop the CRIMINALS from immigrating into the U.S. Yup. She’s a real criminal all right.

Comment by Nan — August 5, 2018 @ 14:09

• I am getting to the point where I simply have no words anymore. I do have anger, and it is getting deeper every day. I agree with Jeff, I am beginning to hate the republicans. Anyone who can see this stuff happening and still be a member of that party , which is the party of the tRump cult, is as responsible as he is. Any one who decides to do an immoral act has to face the consequence of that action. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 5, 2018 @ 14:17