August 18, 2018

Slate: ICE Officers Arrest Man Who Was Driving Pregnant Wife to Hospital for C-Section

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 13:56

ICE Officers Arrest Man Who Was Driving Pregnant Wife to Hospital for C-Section
Slate

Joel Arrona is a father of five who reportedly doesn’t have a criminal record and has never been deported. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. There is a profound lack of empathy and simple kindness. We’re not being invaded. We’re being joined by a promise of freedom. These people want hope for a civilized future where it is lacking in their past. We waist more than they need. Magnanimity cost nothing. There will be bad actors with nefarious motives. That type is born everyday here already. It’s not as though we have a booming population.

Comment by nationofnope — August 18, 2018 @ 14:52

• I agree. Please read the post I made about Jeff Sessions. That tells a lot about where are leaders are and what they want to do. I am worried, very worried. There is a huge attempt to take this nation to a whites only apartheid place, and people like me, LGBTQ, will not be anymore welcome than those not white. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 18, 2018 @ 15:30

• I do understand the concern. You are making a difference with your blog. Doing something to help heal the process is but a phone call away. Find a candidate/incumbent in your community that speaks to your values and politics and ask what you can do to benefit your greater community. Even better,

Comment by nationofnope — August 18, 2018 @ 15:50

• Thank you. I have tried writing to the local reps. I get form letters. I hate being on the phone, but I guess I will have to do some calls. All of my local congress people and state officials except Bill Nelson are republican and they don’t take anything from non -republicans seriously . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 18, 2018 @ 16:03

2. Hate to have only half the story. This man was a wanted fugitive from mexico. Wanted for murder and will be returned where he will be imprisoned. He was not innocent at all. This was police action on behalf of the Mexican Government.

/hugs

Comment by Michelle Styles — August 21, 2018 @ 15:28

• Wow, can you send me the link. The few news articles I read left that out. Most focused on the mother. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 21, 2018 @ 15:41

More and more are finally reporting why they arrested him. He may be innocent but Mexico wants him on murder charges. Could be mistaken identity also, but it may not be.

Further proof

Comment by Michelle Styles — August 21, 2018 @ 15:46

• Thanks, I will look into it later. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 21, 2018 @ 15:53

• I just read all three and the original again. The original was updated Sunday to reflect the charge and the denial of it. One of the reports said the family thought maybe the guys brother was the one the police in Mexico wanted. So you are correct, it could be he has a warrant out for him, or it could be the wrong person. I am disturbed that the statement from ICE doesn’t mention the charges in Mexico until some time later. However I can not say that it is not the arrested man.

I do think that ICE was horribly wrong in the way this was handled. They could have followed them to the hospital and napped him there. They could have provided the pregnant woman with a driver, or driven her themselves. The insensitivity from these people to the plight of a woman and a about to be delivered baby is stunning to me. It not only gives ICE a black eye it, I can not help but wonder if she was a white woman on her way to the hospital about to give birth, they would have treated the situation differently. Thanks for cluing me in on the update. I never thought to check back on the link. I am sure we will hear more one way or the other. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 21, 2018 @ 16:12

• Everyone denies they did it if they did or not. But even so a warrant for his arrest based upon probable cause was issued. Mexico wants him to stand trial. We can’t ignore that. ICE not police deal with international extridition. I have no idea why they did it then but they seemed to believe it was least public risk. I can arm chair quarterback and believe law enforcement to have been wrong but I won’t because I’d rather trust them to do thier jobs. Either way they had reason to take him into custody. It wasn’t just because he was driving while Mexican the way the news made this sound.

Comment by Michelle Styles — August 21, 2018 @ 16:22

• I agree, if he is the right person. IF it is mistaken then we need to understand why. The fact is he is illegal and in the current climate he is going to be deported anyway, leaving behind family without the support he gave, I do not mind going after illegals that are engaged in crime or other harmful to society actions. But we need to see there is a difference between a man who has been working and providing for his family for 30 years and causing no harm, compared to an illegal committing crimes. I remember one of the deportees in the beginning was a man who had been brought here as a young child, he married an American citizen, opened a successful business and had two or three children. He was snatched and deported in a day or two. He committed no crime himself, his parents brought him here as a toddler. We have to understand and see these are people, with real lives and part of our communities. I think some times there are some who do not see them as humans and people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 21, 2018 @ 16:40

• We have to understand and see these are people, with real lives and part of our communities.

ABSOLUTELY!!! It’s truly a tragedy this is not happening in way too many cases. I wonder if the ICE people are super intent upon following tRumpsky’s orders … or are they just SOB’s to start with and intoxicated with power.

Comment by Nan — August 21, 2018 @ 17:04

• Hello Nan. Good question, and one I have asked myself. I tend to think both. I know I couldn’t have followed a order to snatch a child from their parent with no intent to return the child as was done at the border. I simply wont do it. I do not think you can use the excuse of just following orders. So those that are willing to do these acts must be able to over look the moral or human part of who they are doing these acts to. That makes them dangerous to a civil society in my opinion. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 21, 2018 @ 17:34