August 19, 2018

better to accept

Filed under: Funny Stuff, History, News, Political, Questions, Race, Reason — Scottie @ 20:28

1. WOW! That woman should get a freaking medal for that comeback. [Kelso voice] BURRRRN!

Comment by ospreyshire — August 19, 2018 @ 21:00

• I agree. I love it. I live in an area of many older white people. We also have many Spanish speaking people. Oh boy do some of the older white people I know freak out when people are talking in a language that they can not understand. I was confused at first as I admire people who can speak more than one language, it is a skill. Then I understood , the white older people were afraid they were being left behind in the world just as they were getting older. But what they forgot to realize in their fear, the people speaking Spanish to each other would speak English to them and take care of them as they got older. Speaking a different language doesn’t make a person a monster, it is just another skill. Once you let go of the fear, it is so easy to live together in harmony. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 19, 2018 @ 21:23

• Same here when it comes to appreciating that quote. Is that so? My former hometown has a Latino/a population which is very large where they are the 2nd largest ethnic group in that city. I’ve seen that before with people freaking out whenever they hear another language. It’s awesome when people know two or more languages. I took Japanese classes in high school when I was really hardcore into anime (I still like some of it today though. Haha!), and I want to learn Spanish and some African languages. Learning any language is a skill. You may have heard this joke: What do you call someone who knows three languages (or more)? A polyglot. What do you call someone who knows two languages? Bilingual. What do you call someone who knows one language? American.

Comment by ospreyshire — August 21, 2018 @ 12:09

2. Right on! Also regarding the guy: What a dick.

Comment by hellolauren528 — August 19, 2018 @ 21:16

• Yes, sadly I live in an area in the south with an older white population. The dick guy was mild compared to some older white tantrums I have seen when they find someone speaking Spanish. It is horrible the fear of the other in our country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 19, 2018 @ 21:25

• Good Lord. You need to move.

Comment by hellolauren528 — August 19, 2018 @ 21:26

• I love it. No I agree I would move if I could, but now that I have to be here I prefer to fight back and fight ignorance with truth. Hey if they can spout bull, I can return with truth. I own my home, owe no one anything, and they can not bully me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 19, 2018 @ 21:30

3. This happened to me and Joey except we were speaking Lakota. well he was, I was signing. Sarah looked at the guy and told him that was Lakota and it was spoken here for 1000+ pears before English speaking persons even thought of crossing the ocean. He shut up… It was funny.

hugs