August 19, 2018

Mormons Claim Utah Marijuana Ballot Initiative Violates Their Religious Freedom. A group of Utah Mormons is attempting to silence the voice of voters and control the democratic process.

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Atheism, News, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 20:07

1. Wtf… I can’t even read the whole thing. No one’s forcing them to smoke it!

Comment by hellolauren528 — August 19, 2018 @ 21:23

• My fear is we are headed to a theocracy with this current administration. It doesn’t matter to them the law or your rights, it is their view of their god that is the most important and you will summit to their view of their gods wants. It is scary , this is the most forceful religion has become to injecting it self by law in to the lives of everyone in my life time. We have to stand up and stop this or we wont have a democracy, we will be ruled by Jesus and his band of profit preachers. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 19, 2018 @ 21:29

2. Mormons need to embrace marijuana. Something, anything to help those boring fucking meetings. Couple of bong hits with the sacrament would do wonders

Comment by jim- — August 19, 2018 @ 23:37

3. What’s going on in Utah and is allowed scares the crap out of me. There is a cult nation going on there and I cannot even IMAGINE what is happening to their children that they are letting happen.

Comment by bethanyk — August 20, 2018 @ 22:40

• I am angry at the baptism policy for children in a same sex marriage. The child can not be baptized or be active in the church unless the disavow their parents. Remember the schools are heavily Mormon and it is like a state religion so there is a lot of peer pressure on a non-baptized child. They are not invited to things “good” children are, they are treated differently. This cult is really messing up children lives. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 21, 2018 @ 07:47

• It is very cult like and I don’t like it one bit. Any kind of controlling of the minds of a child. I did not know about the baptism policy. I’ve been out of the loop on religion for awhile.
        Half of my family is Jewish and let me tell you they are a good bunch!
        It seems to be more the denominational churches that screw up the kids because now I am seeing some non denominational churches that are embracing sam sex marriage with no judgment and transgender individuals and embracing everyone. Which is what Jesus tried to teach. Love love and love some more.
        Even if none of what is in the new testament is to be believed or true and there was a man that was born on this earth that wanted peace and love and non judgment to even the dirty or the prositiute then that was a good person to emulate. Kind of. Like many of the holy people or even the Martin Luther King or Rosa parks or Mother Teresa. There were some darn good heros out there with no need to be a cult to try and be more like!

Comment by bethanyk — August 21, 2018 @ 12:09