September 27, 2018

Preacher: It’s a “Historical Fact” That Dinosaurs Were Killed in the Civil War

Filed under: Atheism, Bigotry, Cartoons, Harm, History, Memes, News, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 10:29

There is more at the link.  Hugs

… I believe if we study history — you know, the Confederates were able to shoot pterodactyls. You know, back in the Civil War. And they spread these things out. Anybody can look it up online. They spread these things out, and… this is a historical fact. So, you know, they spread this thing out and it’s got huge wing-length. It’s a pterodactyl they shot! So of course these things have been around. Now they went extinct, obviously. Slowly but surely. And so I don’t believe that just because… at some point in time, coming from your perspective, that… just because they stopped talking about it means that they never saw it. When we have all this evidence that they’ve seen it.

Just to be clear, the picture he’s talking about is this one:

1. OMG!!!

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 27, 2018 @ 11:48

• Right. That is the type of people trying to take over the US government and force us to live by their religious rules. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 27, 2018 @ 12:14

2. Oh, wow! This is stupid on so many levels. Even most Christians would facepalm at the assertion that dinosaurs existed during the Civil War much less the past millennium. SMH.

Comment by ospreyshire — September 27, 2018 @ 12:45

• Yes I agree, but as I said to Jeff, this is the type of fundamentalism christian groups that are trying to force their way into the government. I believe they are called Dominion theology.

Dominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies that seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their personal understandings of biblical law.

This is the christian groups that scare me in the USA. They are a danger to the rights of everyone. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 27, 2018 @ 12:49

• Of course, and I do agree that dominionism shouldn’t be implemented into government. I should’ve made that clear about the whole article at large in addition to the dinosaur comment. It’s one thing being in a country with a majority Christian population (church membership or self-identification is irrelevant), but to incorporate Christianity as the be all end all law of the land is something I’m against, too. It also bugs me when people say America was founded on Christian principles when so many of the founding fathers were deists, Rosicrucianist followers, or Freemasons. I do not want to see a Christian Sharia Law for lack of a better term especially when the Religious Right is concerned and how they interpret scripture. So many of these family values and so-called moral voters who are affiliated with these circles don’t want abortion but are willing to do global wars where pregnant civilians have and had been killed. They also think ethnic minorities are criminals and rapists despite supporting politicians caught up in those situations.

Look, I’m far from perfect and I know I’ve fallen short of godliness let alone being a decent human being, but I’m can’t stand how there are groups who use morality as a shield for their own sins. Thank you for understanding, Scottie. I appreciate it.

Comment by ospreyshire — September 27, 2018 @ 13:02

• You are very correct and what you say is true. I thank you for the kind words yous aid about me, but I also have to thank you for your comments and writings. I value your opinion. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 27, 2018 @ 13:10

3. Normally good stuff for satirics but each day such fake really too much.

Comment by banactee — September 27, 2018 @ 13:21

• I have followed this Matt Powell’s interviews and YouTube clips. HE really believes this stuff and wont hear anything that disagrees with his bible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 27, 2018 @ 13:25

4. Oh for %$#@*^%….. And we wonder why the people who believe this stuff still believe in Trump. We’re really talking about the sludge at the bottom of the gene pool.

Somebody who’s good at this kind of stuff should whip up some photos of Jesus rising from his tomb. I bet he could make a mint selling them to these dumbasses as the real thing.

Comment by Infidel753 — September 27, 2018 @ 13:24

• Love it! Then give the money to Planned Parenthood. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 27, 2018 @ 13:26

• If they spend the money finding some way to discourage fundamentalists from reproducing, I’m all for that!

Comment by Infidel753 — September 27, 2018 @ 14:03

5. OMG!! This is for real?!!?!? The stupidity … Oh How It Burns!

Comment by Nan — September 27, 2018 @ 18:07

• Yes, and he is only one of many. This is the growing group of religious fundamentalist I keep trying to warn people about. He has already called for the death penalty for people like me. No rights, no equality, out right death as soon as possible. And yes I have seen videos of him preaching to a full church. It is scary to me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 27, 2018 @ 18:20

6. This is the first time I seen something dating back as recent as the Civil War times, I thought these folks just go back to biblical times trying to say that Dinosaurs and humans were buddies or whatever {:-) When I first seen the photo, I thought it was a canoe actually. I’ve noticed a growing amount of talk like this too in recent years. I was talking with this guy here in Texas awhile back, that thought the earth is flat … he was stunned it seemed when I told him I think it is round, he was also surprised to hear that I actually think that humans landed on the moon. BTW, I seen your postings before, through Infidel link round up, this is my first time commenting here … have a good one.

Comment by ranch chimp — September 30, 2018 @ 10:48

• Welcome! I hope you find the many things in my Toy Box to be worth your time here. It worries me that the flat earth and the YEC along with a simple lack of understanding the long standing science is growing in states. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 10:51