September 29, 2018

For those worried about me

Filed under: My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 14:33

For everyone who was worried about me because my memories seem to be over whelming me, you are not alone.  Ron is very concerned also.   This morning he came and sat with me.  He asked me to take a few days off the news.   He asked me to go out with him today just to take a breather from it all.   This morning we planned a trip to the Tampa Zoo.   Ron has taken 6 days off next month and after a few days four more.  This is to give us time to go way.  He wanted to take me to Universal, but I just don’t feel up to it right now.  It is a 3.5 hour drive both ways for us.  Side note, at one time we ( Florida ) were going to build a high speed train line from bigger cities to Orlando and other large attractions, but Gov. Jeb Bush nixed it.  It would have been nice and give a lot more people the chance to enjoy these attractions.  Anyway Ron and I looked up the zoo this morning and decided next month to buy the full package for 12 months.   If you are anywhere in Florida it is a great deal, as is the other favorite of ours, Busch Gardens.  For us we can buy the one day all year tickets.   The ones for the Tampa Zoo have extra perks if you buy the higher package.  We are only two hours from Tampa and we can go often as we do Busch Gardens in Tampa.   Anyway the point is I have a great support network, and the support of all of you helps also.  I will get through this, the nation will get through this, we will be OK, as long as we realize the seriousness of what happened to Dr Ford and what Kavanaugh did.  ( for those who wonder if he did it think on this.  When she testified she mentioned the names of the boys there including the boy called PJ.   But it was not known until Kavanaugh brought up his calendar which clearly stated a party with Judge, PJ, and Sqee.  It fits the time frame perfectly.   Also it seems Judge’s grand mother had a house fitting the floor plan.  No one would have been able to put this together ahead of time because the only evidence was held by Kavanaugh and put out by him at the hearing, his own calendar.  It also mentioned the party was for what seems clear to anyone,  beers.)   Sorry lost my train of thought there, the point of this post is to tell you I am OK, and I will be OK.  I worry about those who are watching this, reliving their own abuse and trauma and do not have a support system or wonderful lovers / husbands / wives / family /friends who can help them.  Be well everyone.  We are all part of this society, the good and the bad, but we are all here together.  Hugs

1. Scottie, if turn off the news longer than that! Maybe allow yourself an hour a week, or month. It ain’t worth your health. Hang in there friend.

Comment by jim- — September 29, 2018 @ 14:52

2. I’ve tried to stay away, too. It makes me sick. BTW, who the fuck keeps activity calendars from when they were 17 into their 50’s? WTF?

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 14:58

• Yes! Talk about an ego, it seems he was keeping them to write a book on how great he was to go from entitled teen rich kid to a political hack and then to a political judge and finally the supreme court. That is not going to happen unless the republicans totally give up on any seats this midterm. They have a heck of a choice, get Kavanaugh and fulfill their total desire to cement a ruling class of entitled republicans ( getting rid of that pesky democracy thing ) or keep some seats with the aim to get more in the future. It depends on where they think the party and country are going. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 15:17

• Lord, I hope you’re right. I won’t believe it til I see it. I mean, the repukes are HANDING the midterms to the dems. BUT, dems do one thing very, very well: fuck up. Please, dems, don’t fuck this up!

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 15:20

• Agreed. It seems the Dems take pride in not being able to get their shit in one sock. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 15:24

3. Oh Scottie, you are very loved by so many of us and it’s good to hear Ron is taking some time off to get you both out and about some, away from the horrible business; I’m with Jim, hold off the news for a good span, breathe the sun in, watch the birds fly past and enjoy your hugs.

Esme hugging Scottie lots upon the Cloud

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — September 29, 2018 @ 16:07

• Thank you Esme, you are a special person. The problem is for so many years the news, the blogs, the internet has been basically my occupation that takes up my time and keeps my mind working. With out it now I would go into withdrawal. Really, in the older van I kept my Air Pods in listing to news podcasts. In the new car it does it automatically over the sound system, I have two monitors on my desk, one for videos news and other opinion stuff, and lastly I have the news settings on both Phone and pad set to display all the news alerts. for so long I have been taped into the news I would go into withdrawals with out it. Ron has talked about cruises but until recently when they announced cruises with full internet, I have been resistant. What would I do with my self all day with out my blog, my news, my videos??? Sheer horror. 😃😄😜😋😉😢😢😢 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 16:15

4. I get it! I’m on my iPad a lot…news articles, blogs etc. I have this inner feeling to stay connected to what’s happening. I feel the same about wanting to be where there is WiFi.
    Anyway…take care of yourself. Nothing is worth your health, but it’s hard to break away I know.

Comment by maryplumbago — September 29, 2018 @ 21:18

5. Do yourself a favour – stop reading or watching News with immediate effect. I did. You will feel better within a few days.

Comment by Arkenaten — September 30, 2018 @ 14:02

• I dont think this is the best advice. A better advice would be, to not get that closely envolved emphatically in the mattters surrounding us. Head-in- the-sand-policy can never be the answer for too much emotional stress. Ron does- I think , the exactely right thing: Talking you to somewhere nice , friendly and relaxing surroundings. Dear Scotty, simply trust on your husbands good ideas, I know you will anyway :))

Comment by miles — September 30, 2018 @ 14:26

• I disagree. Most of the stuff on the ”News” is designed to sensationalize and thus, rarely involves the viewer/reader personally.

Also, as pretty much all of it is negative it merely elevates stress levels and if one is more of a sensitive disposition it will only exacerbate this.
        Information that is important from a day to day perspective is another matter altogether. However, on saying this, much of it can also be filtered.

It isn’t head in the hand either.
        One is not running away from such rubbish one is merely not paying it any lip service and thus improving the quality of one’s life.

Comment by Arkenaten — September 30, 2018 @ 14:41

• “…head in the hand…” I woke up once with my head in my hand. Took me 6 hours to sew it back onto my neck. Very, very hard to see what you’re doing when your head isn’t attached correctly. Oh, also, whist my head was off, I had to pee. I had to set my head down on the floor while I peed, and my dog ran off with it. Took me an hour to find it. It was under the couch.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 30, 2018 @ 14:47

• I should have written ”Head in the Sand”.
            But your tale is more fun!

Comment by Arkenaten — September 30, 2018 @ 15:23

• I knew what you meant. I was just being a wise ass. Check out a guy named Matt Dillahunty from the Atheist Experience and Atheist Debates. You may have heard of him. I think he argues very well with religious nutters.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 30, 2018 @ 15:31

• 😜👍🤦‍♂️😄😃😋😎Cool. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 15:31

• I avoided any TV shows or videos dealing with the subject of Kavanaugh and the accusations against him. I figure it this way, it is just rehashing of the stuff we already know until we get the FBI report. So listening to it the next few days is nothing more than just pouring salt in an old wound. Plus I did not need to get worked up about what I can not change. I will remember and vote against these assholes in November. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 15:30

• I’m trying hard to do the same. This shit literally make me sick if I don’t get away from it. I’m watching atheist videos where atheists trash idiotic Christian arguments for god and Jeebus. Trying to live vicariously, I guess and blow off some steam.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 30, 2018 @ 15:34

• Yes, I agree. We have to take a break Jeff. We can not learn anything more right now, we can’t change anything. All it will do is make us angrier, and bring up old wounds that should stay closed off. There will be time enough to rally and fight once we know more. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 15:36

• I really have no idea who these people are, Scottie, so you are talking to the wrong bloke I’m afraid.
            I’m sure it is relevant for some Americans, but as you know I am not even from the US!
            FWIW, I don’t pay any attention to South African politics either, and in most cases only encounter it by accident.

Comment by Arkenaten — September 30, 2018 @ 15:39

• That is the point you were making Ark. That is the people that are the current rage in the US that has me and Jeff and a lot of others so upset. What I was saying was I took your advice and made sure to by pass stories with those mentioned. I love it, you had the right advice while not even knowing the names. Be well. I am going through my email now and will be over to your blog soon. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 15:53

• Yes, but Ark was correct Miles, I need to stop obsessing on the situation. I needed a break. I can’t help but be upset over it, it is a part of me. But getting my mind off it and on something else was good. Ron would rather I had taken a few days and just shut the computers off, but that would put me too far behind on blogs. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 15:27

• Thank you Ark. I spent most of today watching science and history videos. I do feel better, a bit smarter also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2018 @ 15:25

6. I spent the last 5 days checked in at a psychward myself. /hugs

Go with Ron, NO TV, NO reading news. Just focus on you and Ron. Love him, let him love you. Hope that helps clear your mind and settle your soul. Remember YOU are not alone. You have your friends like me, you have Ron, you have so much and so many who care for you.

hugs and love
    Me

Comment by Michelle Styles — October 1, 2018 @ 10:10

• Thank you Michelle. I hope you are doing better. The news has got to be horrible for you and I am sorry it is bring up bad memories. I am glad you have your wife and family. Be well. IF you need me, I am here. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 1, 2018 @ 10:11