September 29, 2018

What if it was your son ?

Filed under: Gender, My Life and Rants, News, opinion, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 13:58

Once more into the breech…

I was listening to the news and heard that some people were using the line “What if it was your son”.  Clearly these people were saying what if it was your son’s career on the line because a woman claimed he sexually assaulted her.    This was a big topic on fox news.   The idea they wanted to push was what if a woman lied about your son, or even if true would you want your son’s future high ranking job threatened by things they did in high school and college.

However if you think on it what they should be thinking, what it really should be asking, is “What if it was your son that was sexually harassed or assaulted”?  It happens, it has happened, and if we don’t educate ourselves and protect our children of all genders it will happen again.   Not to drag up old memories but as you all know I am living proof it can happen to your sons, to any male.   It has happened to a a lot of males.   So yes what if it was your son, wouldn’t you want the truth to come out and his attacker to not get promoted to a life time appointment on the highest court in our land?   What if it was your son, wouldn’t you want him believed?  What if it was your son, wouldn’t you demand accountability from his attacker?   What if was your son?   Hugs

1. So true! It’s imperative we teach our kids right and wrong wrong and explain the consequences… this include bullying.

Comment by House of Heart — September 29, 2018 @ 14:03

2. I have no son but what an abyss in your country.

Comment by banactee — September 29, 2018 @ 14:19

• Yes sadly, and there are some who want a bigger divide rather than bringing us together. At this point I doubt the small minority of rethugs ( republican thugs ) that ever can be reached. But if we all vote , if we progressives who are the majority get out and push form progressive candidates, we can correct the floundering our country is doing. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 14:37

3. If my son were accused of this, I’d DEMAND an investigation to clear his name. I’d also demand he STOP FUCKING LYING ABOUT HIS GOD DAMNED DRINKING!!!!! College kids drink like mother fuckers! They do beer bongs and all sorts of shit that causes projectile vomiting; then, most, grow out of it. Kananaugh hasn’t, obviously. His lies about what a sweet little Catholic study-whore he was, are disgusting and obvious nonsense. I’d be ashamed of my son if he lied like that.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 14:26

• Yes!!! Jeff you nailed it. No one who partied as a teen and or as young adult can say they never drank too much. Hell I can still remember the first time I went to a bar as a young newbie in the army. There was a bar run by a retired Army guy near Fort Gordon Georgia. The bar had a policy, after X amount of drinks or on request from the bartender you had to surrender your keys. I had I think three beers and was drunk. I gave up my keys and they called my Sargent, ( who was also my lover ) who came and got me, held me as I threw up in the parking lot ( the ralph on Kavanaugh’s calendar ), and told me ” I don’t know if to slap you or hugs you, but I love you”. Yes I have drank too much. Heck I may do it again as an old man. But why lie about it. He ranted about liking beer. OK great. The question is “did you ever drink enough to either black out or not fully remember thing”? Heck I don’t remember things these days with out drinking. Ron and I were laughing about how I totally forget he changed the floor plan for the new front room. I saw what he was doing and reminded him of the old plan..and he reminded me we changed it. I did not get angry and rant, I laughed at it and he went over the idea again. Kavanaugh’s whole rant and temper tantrum was about pretending to be a Catholic choir boy when he really was a party hard teen and college boy. He should just admit it. There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol as long as it doesn’t interfere with your life or change your personality as it does Kavanaugh’s, so why the huge charade? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 14:50

• What do you think of the FBI investigation next week? I find the one week limit curious. I’m just afraid it’s all a fucking show, will find nada, and repukes will say, “See, nothing there. He’s in.” In other words, I’m afraid Trump and the WH will dictate how the investigations done and what can really be “found.”

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 14:55

• I think the FBI is so angry with how tRump has treated them, talked about them, that they will do their best no matter how he tries to hamper them. I heard someone on Hardball ( watching a day later ) say yes they could do the investigation in a week now that they know who and what to ask. They can start with the women who have come foreword and even drive Prof. Ford around the area to see if it triggers her memories. Plus they know about Kavanugh’s calender’s, they can go after them and clearly show he was lying. The fact I keep going back to is the calendar proved Prof. Fords accusation and just as that came out, Lindsey Graham had his shouting melt down. It worked , it distracted everyone. But if you go back to the tape, just before that the hired lady prosecutor she was narrowing in on just that entry in the calendar. She was a sex crime prosecutor, she could see that he was guilty that is why they stopped using her. I think next week he will be pulled. If they approve him for the court, the findings will come out and the entire republican party will look like sexual abuser enablers just before midterms. They will get slaughtered. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 15:13

• Man, I hope to Thor you’re right! I NEED hope! I’m SO fucking depressed and terrified of these fucks and what they’ll do to the benefits I and others need to live.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 15:22

• Be well to your self. It is a really shit time right now. I like you can only hope things will go as we hope. If you need to talk or vent you have my email address. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 15:28

4. or even if true would you want your son’s future high ranking job threatened by things they did in high school and college

This is a very weird argument to make. The implication is that even if “your son” were truly guilty of attempted rape, it’s totally no big deal if he did it back in high school or college. It’s a serious crime. Do they really think many parents consider their sons potential rapists? That would seem to be insinuating that the parent is a failure as a parent.

what it really should be asking, is “What if it was your son that was sexually harassed or assaulted”?

Your point is well taken and it’s the obvious response to this, especially since sexual abuse of male children is much in the news lately because of the Catholic Church scandal.

I know most people’s immediate response to this is going to fall along lines shaped by their political orientation, but the more we can force them to confront the question of “what if you or someone you care about were the victim whose abuse was being trivialized”, the more hope there is that some of them will recoil from that. Jeff Flake did, at least enough to buy the country another week.

Comment by Infidel753 — September 29, 2018 @ 17:43

• I agree. However I just posted that the white house sabotaged the new investigation by the FBI into the Kavanaugh situation. As I posted they are not even allowed to look into all the allegations by all the women. In fact if the narrow scope is true, they can not even look into how heavy he drank, and must discount and not follow up any leads that contradict his testimony. Worthless to even have the investigation and I hope others raise the alarm. This is tRump’s way of having his cake and eating it also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 17:48

5. The FBI is now Trump’s bitch too.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 17:59

• Well they can only do what he lets them, he is the boss after all. Thank the deplorables, the Bernie bro’s , the Russians, and any one who voted for a third party, they made tRump president. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2018 @ 18:03

• Yep. and soon he’ll be firing Rosenstein, Mueller, and Sessions and the entire investigation will end. We’d better be ready for a fucking revolution. I am. I’ve got my squirt gun all ready.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 29, 2018 @ 18:16

• I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some deal with Rosenstein to maybe keep his job or trump showing he now controls the FBI with Comey gone. Who knows, but it’s sickening. But I’m not surprised. The repukes will stop at nothing, but again look. The reason we got trump and all this shit that has followed is because we have racist, religious nut idiots in this country and they , not us, are going to destroy it all. Stupidity, racism, bigotry and religious arrogance will win out. Makes me sick!

Comment by maryplumbago — September 29, 2018 @ 21:26