October 4, 2018

Grassley: “No Hint Of Misconduct” In New FBI Report

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Criminal, Harm, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 10:36

These bastards!  We know there was misconduct.  We know he lied under oath perjuring himself.  Perjury was a huge crime when they went after Bill Clinton but means nothing with Kavanaugh.   They want Kavanaugh so bad, and screw the country.   Why??   I am Angry, I hope others see the fraud this is.   Heck Grassley did not even read it, his aids did.  And McConnell says not all senators will be able to know what is in or read, only the ones on the committee.   Yet they ahve to vote on this.   Anyone who votes for Kavanaugh should be voted out. Hugs

CNN reports:

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a statement Thursday claiming the FBI’s report on SCOTUS justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh found “no hint of misconduct.”

Grassley added that the report contained nothing that “we didn’t already know.” Grassley was reportedly briefed by aides that read the report in a secure room in the Capitol. Other Senators are currently reading the FBI report.

1. how completely expected. This whole thing has been a joke.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 4, 2018 @ 10:38

• Yes, I do not understand why they are so desperate to get Kavanaugh on the court? I really wonder what else is going we are missing. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 10:45

• Now I’m hearing the Repukes are surging in the polls over this. I don’t know, a lot of people are disgusted by this. I really question “polls”.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 4, 2018 @ 11:28

• There are places / states in the center west of the country that really are going all out for Kavanaugh. However on the coasts the people are very angry. Anywhere tRump holds one of his rallies he gets a small short term boost for republicans. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 12:27

• I think once K gets put on the court this wkend, there’s going to be outrage. I’m so afraid we won’t even get the House, I can’t sleep some nights. So, like li’l Mitchy McDickel says, all we can do is plow ahead.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 4, 2018 @ 12:50

• Yes, I do not know what is going to happen. I do hope we get the house so we can have real investigations and undo a little of the damage done so far. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 13:06

2. I knew it! I had a bad feeling they wouldn’t finesse Kavanaugh despite the evidence. Just wow.

Comment by ospreyshire — October 4, 2018 @ 10:45

• What gets me is they were so blatant about it. They never tried to hide that fact they were going to push him through regardless of anything. On the news I say McConnell walking while two females tried to talk to him about sexual assault and he just kept ignoring them as he waled with a silly grin on his face. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 10:49

• Exactly and I noticed that, too. They tried to be slick, but I saw right through it. McConnell smiling while ignoring female reporters. He WOULD do that. Makes you wonder if he’s been doing some sexual escapades behind the scenes, too. It sort of reminds me of hearing the story (although it was years after the fact) that Newt Gingrich was banging a secretary close to the same time he went after Bill Clinton for the Monica Lewinski scandal.

Comment by ospreyshire — October 4, 2018 @ 10:54

3. It’s sick but not unexpectedly so. The FBI have done as they were told,unable to do a full fact find but the head of the FBI is a friend of Kavanaugh’s and he’s not alone. It depends now how many senators are suspicious of this investigation, how many were suspicious after Kavanaugh’s testimony and how many were incensed by Trump’s tasteless remarks about Dr.Ford. Regardless of the fact that the FBI didn’t interview them, everyone across the world has heard that Kavanaugh lied about his drinking at college. He has to pay for lying if nothing else and the Republicans have other options anyway who will no doubt be more acceptable.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — October 4, 2018 @ 10:55

• They have made Kavanaugh the hill they are willing to die for. It was explained to me they do not care if they have to lose control of the senate for a few years over this, they will gain a court majority that will vote a solid conservative ideology. That way even if they lose the ability to pass laws they want, they can use the court to block all the laws they don’t want. The religious right is looking at it the same way. They would normally be bitching a storm over his drinking and sexual assaults , but they would give that up to get a religious ideologue on the court that will over turn laws that restrict religion from taking over the government or not allowing religion to get what it wants. For example they managed to get public money given to churches for church wants / needs by running it up the courts until they lucked out and got a conservative court to say it was legal. So now they want more tax payers money so they are trying to open up what things the churches can get public money for. And Kananaugh will vote the way the fundamental religions want. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 12:25

4. If you can stomach it, you really should read Faux News’ take on this. Of course, it’s all “driven by desperate Democrats determined to keep this highly qualified judge off the high court.”

Even though this Senator thinks the report should be made public (via the article), there’s little doubt he believes it validates Kavanaugh.

I keep wondering where “the people” are in all this. There are tons of protests going on … but it seems none of that matters. Just a bunch of females on their period or experiencing menopause … Grrrr!

Comment by Nan — October 4, 2018 @ 11:42

• And supposedly, the Repukes are surging in polls. Of course, this is from a Fox News poll, but, what I’m not seeing, is the talking heads on TV going to women’s groups and some of the protests being held and asking women at them what THEY think. Women I know are outraged over this, and, when Kavanaugh is confirmed today or tomorrow, I’d like to think that outrage will grow. We’ll see Nov 6th, but I’m rather pessimistic about it.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 4, 2018 @ 11:51

• On TYT they had a reporter interview some women tRump supporters. They were totally wrong on the facts. They claimed that anything said about Kananaugh was a fake news smear by democrats. The reporter then asked about Bill Clinton and again the women had their facts wrong and claiming that Clinton was of course guilty and corrupt. How to reach these people. They simply believe everything tRump says, Fox News says, and they read in far right white supremacist web sites. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 12:39

• Your last part is the most telling. What the people want doesn’t matter to the senate. Not at all. It was proven on gun control, on healthcare, on this situation. It really has become a ruling class. I almost threw something at my monitor when I watched a smirking McConnell simply ignore two women trying to talk to them about this and one of them was a state official and he simply ignored them. Grassley once said that it was OK to take food and housing needs from the poor people along with lowering social security and disability because

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing,” Grassley said in an interview last week, “as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”

Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 12:34

• Nan, did you notice this sentence

“And now, unbelievably, Feinstein wants to conceal the new FBI report. At least she’s consistent.”.

It is Grassley and McConnell who are insisting it be kept from the people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 12:48

• Oh yes, I noticed it … and said to myself, “What?!!? That doesn’t make sense.” But that’s why it’s referred to as “Faux” News!

Comment by Nan — October 4, 2018 @ 13:04

• Yes. I agree with Jeff, I am about to lose my mind over all this crap. We have to win, but the republicans play dirty hardball, and our leaders say “they disagree with Chairmen Grassley”. Disagree. Why not be definitive, be forceful, say “there is no evidence to support the chair man”. Chuck Schumer is far too mild and meek for our needs now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 13:11