October 4, 2018

Is this the new Christianity.

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Bigotry, Harm, News, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 15:55

Uneducated and totally wrong on the facts, this “Christian” has decided that Mocking and lying are good for the people she leads.  She thinks the ends justify the means, and she is using all the worst rotten means.    Just as she and her type straw man and claim horrible things against gay people, they now attack a woman who endured a horrible sexual assault in the name of her god.   How righteous is this.  Why do these people think their god makes an exception for their behavior while they attack others?  We have to some how pry their claws off our democracy while it still has some life left.   Hugs

Christian Radio Host: Christine Ford Deserves Mockery

“Some people think that it was wrong to mock Christine Ford. I did my share of it, too. I think she’s a liar and I think she deserves mockery. I think she is the perpetrator. I think the more I’m learning about her, the more dangerous I’m hearing that she is. She’s not an innocent woman.” – American Family Association radio host Sandy Rios, who goes on repeat the right wing claim that Christine Blasey Ford managed to cheat on her polygraph exam.

1. I actually can’t listen to this. I am so disgusted with religious nuts and republicans that I can no longer express it words that do it any justice. I think we are viewing an uptick in humanity’s drive to self destruction and I think it’s an unstoppable path. These self righteous, bigoted, unkind, mean and truly vacant empty people are the means, evolutionaryily, to take us down. The last two years and really since Obama and the hatred towards him and probably since Reagan, if truth be known, has been the beginning of the end.

We can vote of course and try to make people use reason in their thinking, but the latter seems an impossible feat.
    So we sit back, have a drink…enjoy what’s left in our lives and watch it all unravel and when the unraveling hits the fan, sort of speak, don’t blame us. We tried to warn you and plead with you to use rational thinking.

Comment by maryplumbago — October 4, 2018 @ 16:09

• These people have no clue what “rational thinking” is!! And that’s why we’re in this mess … and all the others that tRumpsky has initiated.

Comment by Nan — October 4, 2018 @ 16:49

• Hello Mary. I do not want to add to your upset over this. There is good news. We have to remember that his supporters are only 38 % of the people, and when you factor in just republicans it is only 18% . The problem we are having is those are the republican base. That means in a republican primary it is the uneducated toothless redneck white supremacists only watching fox news person voting for the most deplorable candidate. This is what happens when you narrow down your focus to a small and shrinking minority. As your support base shrinks you have to give more importance to those left to get you elected. That is what the republicans have done.

Democrats have done the opposite with the same result. We are a huge party with the majority of the nation supporting things we propose, yet we have a fractured party that has purity tests and wont come together on most things. They are as insisting on getting their own way as the republicans are.

We miss democrats missed the boat several times, We slacked off while the republican took in their most fanatic base groups. That put them in the drivers seat for the last 20 or more years. The gained governorship, filled state and local offices and even school boards. We democrats seemed focused on only the presidency. That was the Problem with Obama, he got the presidency but we lost all levers of power. So you seen what happened, Obama had to be a republican lite president.

We are in a situation where the MINORITY of of the people are driveling the country further and further right. The White house doesn’t care because tRump cares nothing but getting praise and worship. The rest of the white house wants a totally white nation like former South Africa and so that no one speaks anything but English and only whites have rights.

I agree with you, but I am not giving up. As long as I have this keyboard and my voice in my community I will speak out. I have lost friends and even work over this but we have to do it if we want to get back to the normal country we had.
      Oh and yes about the drinks. I think that is best. I try to a few daily. Hugs
      Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 17:19

2. To words I’d love to say to this Christian’s face, fuck and you.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 4, 2018 @ 17:22

• I agree!!! I am really tire d of the christian minority thinking they are a huge majority and can force all of the country to follow their asinine rules. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 4, 2018 @ 19:02

3. Take a look at this article…very scary

Comment by maryplumbago — October 4, 2018 @ 20:08

• I admit there was a time when I would have agreed with everything he says. But now? I see nothing but indoctrination. He’s a very scary man.

Comment by Nan — October 4, 2018 @ 20:26

• Hello Mary. I knew this but never seen it all in one post before. Yes I keep saying that Pence’s brand of fundamental Dominion is a huge threat to our country and the rights of the people. See these religions really worked hard to get their ideologues in positions of power, while the rest of us did not take their threat seriously. Great read , thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2018 @ 07:25

4. Is this the new Christianity

No, this is the old Christianity. Pastors and priests have been shaming, blaming, mocking, and silencing victims of sexual abuse for as long as there have been pastors and priests — especially if they were victimized by powerful men. It goes all the way back to the barbarous laws of the Old Testament on the subject.

The only thing that’s different now is that our society has become secular enough, and therefore moral enough, that we think women’s agency deserves respect and we’re shocked when someone like this acts in a traditional way toward an abuse victim.

Comment by Infidel753 — October 4, 2018 @ 22:09

• It is sad we have not grown progressive enough that people like this do not feel the need to spout lies and harm others. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2018 @ 07:33