October 5, 2018

Free rein in the republican era

Filed under: Cartoons, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 09:11

(cartoon by Nick Anderson)

(cartoon by Dave Granlund)

(cartoon by Matt Wuerker)

1. Selective justice, anyone? [facepalms]

Comment by ospreyshire — October 5, 2018 @ 12:16

2. Presss my thumbs for KAVA-NOPE

Comment by miles — October 5, 2018 @ 13:59

• Sadly the people in congress caved in to power. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2018 @ 14:00

• No, they caved in to their constituents. Gotta’ keep their jobs, doncha’ know. Plus Faux News has told everyone it’s the Democrats that are causing all the hullabaloo and has absolutely nothing to do with that fine, upstanding, fellow that being so unjustly accused.

Comment by Nan — October 5, 2018 @ 17:20

• I understand and agree. I just wrote Collins office, Manchin’s office, and Rubio’s office, and I also called our local Rubio’s office. I was clear in both my letters and voice mail. If the vote yes on promoting Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS I will donate to any primary challenger they have and I will use any legal means including blogging, writing letter to newspapers, and also organizing people to vote them out of office. I have never been so direct before. Yes I am not republican, but I will do what I can to get their primary challengers an advantage so they pay the price for a yes Kavanaugh vote. I will then vote against that challenger in favor of the progressive democrat if the election is one I can vote in. I also mentioned to Manchin to please stop pretending to be a democrat when he votes with the republican party more than some republicans. Either be a democrat and support the party, or change parties and let us get a real democrat in his place. I feel pushed to the wall on this. Yes we may not be able to stop it, but we can ( as long as we still have the vote ) do our damnest to make sure we get them out of office. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2018 @ 17:44

• Go get ’em, Scottie!!!!

Comment by Nan — October 5, 2018 @ 18:09

• Thanks. I should have done it sooner. I have joined email lists before, but this time it is too personal, and I felt I need to contact their offices directly. If I disappear you know the republican storm troupers got me.
              Hugs