October 7, 2018

“They” are winning and my heart is breaking.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 20:55

Thank you for this post. I feel as you do, it scares me deeply. I don’t know what more to do nor how to reach more people. I am afraid for my country and for my self, as well as for my fellow Americans who may not be white. There is a lot of hate going on in our country. I have the same nightmares, I have the same anxiety, and I have no answers. How and why we go to this point again I am lost. I would never have thought 34% of our fellow country would support anything tRump has done, yet they do. Thank you for a well written post, and I wish I had some thing to say that would help, but I do not. I share your tears. Hugs

Lucky Otters Haven

wearenotok

Today I feel like I’ve been punched in the stomach and recovering from some terrible illness at the same time.  I have no energy.    I just want to pull the covers over my head and sleep.  But I can’t sleep because I’m so on edge.

It’s a beautiful, sunny day and I’ve spent the entire day lying in bed. I’m depressed and anxious and everything hurts.  I’m stress-eating, doing pretty much nothing but staring at the ceiling and dropping the crumbs from the loaf of lemon pound cake I bought this morning all over my clean sheets.  At least I haven’t watched the news today (I need a break from it, after this past week).   I’ve been trying to read a new book I just bought, but I can’t concentrate.  I must have read the same page about ten times and didn’t comprehend a word of what I read.

View original post 1,936 more words

1. Very sad and heartfelt post. I feel much like she does.
    Do you by chance follow Padre Steve’s blog? He is an historian and a retired Iraq war veteran. He just posted a little bit ago and it’s quite chilling. He is not a trump supporter at all.
    If you get a chance read it.

I would link it, but I don’t know if that’s appropriate in WordPress or as far as others might feel here.

Comment by maryplumbago — October 7, 2018 @ 22:29

• Hello Mary. You may link what you feel is relevant here in my blog, with the normal caveats such as no things designed to harm a segment of the population. In other shorter word, no bigotry. No hate. No making Scottie angry and crying at the same time. Now what is up good friend? I do not know Pader Steve but if you think my viewers should check him out, please leave a link. Please remember on my TOY BOX it is my call as to links and I trust you. There are many who come here who may enjoy the link you will leave. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 7, 2018 @ 22:40

• I’ve decided not to link. Not that it isn’t a great post, but in the beginning there is much history about a concentration work camp that might be hard for your readers to stomach. The idea, I believe, was the author’s view of what horrible things man is capable of and where he sees the possibility of this happening again here with the trump ideology and his cult supporters.

If anyone is interested, it’s Padre Steve’s World. Any history buff would like some of his other posts as well.

Comment by maryplumbago — October 8, 2018 @ 08:54

• Hello Mary. We have already gotten to the detention camp stage. We have tent cities now holding illegal Immigrant children and some hold adults. In the past we detained in camps the Japanese Americans. The mind set that imprisoned American citizens due to their ethnic back ground is still alive and growing again here in our country. It is scary. Many of the preachers and fundamentalist religious wack jobs are already calling for the detention and imprisoning homosexuals and other LGBTQ people. They have been for years, and now they are working to take our rights away. Does this sound failure to any other time in history in another country? It is scare for me these days. Kavanaugh is on record saying he thinks my rights have less standing than a persons religious prejudice. He don’t think I have rights to marry my husband, he thinks I shouldn’t have legal protections to work, housing, and even the right to express pride in my sexuality. He wants us gay folk to go back to being hidden and not insulting the tender sensibilities of the good god fearing folk. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 8, 2018 @ 11:02

2. I sent you an email…😊

Comment by maryplumbago — October 8, 2018 @ 14:42

• Thank you Mary, I will go look for it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 8, 2018 @ 14:49

3. Have a peaceful day…with no news. Enjoy the sun and your home with your husband. And don’t forget the sunflowers!

Comment by maryplumbago — October 8, 2018 @ 16:18

• I lost all my sunflowers, have to redo their garden area and plant new. Took my totally by surprise. We had a tropical storm come through and I thought they did OK, then they started to die and die quickly . With in a week they were wiped out. Ron checked them for me because I am not walking well right now, and he said they were covered with tiny black bugs. With in a week they were gone.

Mary I want to thank you for the article link you sent. You are correct it is a hard read. I already new most of this as one thing we newly posted to Germany Army people had to do was take a class in world war 2. Then when I went to Berlin they gave us a an updated class to show us what the Russians did to the German people in Berlin. It was as horrible as you can imagine. They wanted revenge for that the German army did to Russians and Russian villages. The problem was the the ones the Russians were raping, and mutilating were not the ones who committed the crimes against the Russians. They showed us the pictures and old films to educate us so we would know. It was heart breaking, as is the article you sent me.

Later tonight I will post it. It think everyone should read it as it is a well written article and has information that we need to understand in our country today.
      But for now Harry Dresden is saving a Bigfoot child and I really must see how it ends. If you love stories set in our world about wizards and other magical creatures I suggest you check out the Dresden books by Jim Butcher. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 8, 2018 @ 16:50

4. Hi Scottie;
    Probably shouldn’t have, but I read this just before going to bed. I’m a dummy.
    I know we have spoken of this before, but your line above really caught my attention: “I would never have thought 34% of our fellow country would support anything tRump has done, yet they do.” What bothers me is that people I love, respect, care for, admire even, seem to have been caught into this odd world where tRump does no wrong, even when he clearly works contrary towards these folks interests. I don’t understand the blindness and willingness to excuse what was once inexcusable. What did I miss? What’s next?
    What’s worse? The way that people adapt, learn to make a life within the reality of their environment no matter how twisted, and soon it’s just normal. And, no matter how others howl from the rooftops and the mountaintops and the streets of the world that this is not normal, we are the “fake news”, the “liberal press hell bent on destroying America”.
    I tell you my brother, I do fear for the future as well. The fear, hate and ugliness that is now acceptable is maddening to me, and I do not have c-ptsd. I personally cannot imagine the horror for those who do. But, there is love in the world, too. Storms may come, pests abound, but we replant when they are gone and learn from what came before. Soon again, sunflowers bloom. 🙂

Hugs, in this weird weird world, my brother;
    randy

wow….. flash back to the hippie era!

Comment by randy — October 8, 2018 @ 19:37

• Hello Randy. Yesterday tRump gave a speech at Kavanaugh’s swearing in. In the speech he called democrats an “angry mob” and also “evil, evil people”. Yup he went on a rant about how abused poor Kavanaugh and his family were, how the evil angry mob of democrats used words that Kavanaugh did not even know, despite the fact these words were in his year book. He is making the democrats an enemy of the people like he did brown people and the press. How long until he invalidates a democrat win or simply makes the party illegal.
      I heard something interesting about tRump supporters. They can not be reached by facts. Telling them tRump is wrong or that fox news did not cover the story correctly wont work. They follow tRump emotionally. He is a cult figure now. They simply don’t care about the facts because they are emotionally invested. It is just like religion for them, they just know tRump is the best, smartest, doing more and than anyone else, and so forth. How to reach these people? Some say you can not just as someone who feels their god, can not be talked out of it. Maybe some can be reached by appealing to their emotions, but I doubt it.
      I am discouraged. I am very worried we are becoming a one party dictatorship. I see deliberate fascism along with the scapegoating of a segment of the population just as was done in Germany in 1930’s.
      Be well brother. I know who you are talking of and there is simply nothing we can do. Ron works with a bunch of nurses who are fox news watching tRump supporters. What can you do. They know better, their spouse insurance just jumped 150 dollars. They see the economy around them crashing yet they talk how great tRump has made it. Sleep well and we will talk your next day off. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 9, 2018 @ 07:28

• BINGO!They follow tRump emotionally.

After publishing my first book, I considered writing a second one examining how people who lean Republican often view life from an emotional perspective. I actually started doing research on it but only came across limited resources. I even considered discussing my idea with Victoria to see if she would be interested in a joint effort since she has such in-depth knowledge about people and why they do what they do. However, along the way my life circumstances changed and I’m no longer able to take on such a project. Nevertheless, I continue to believe the idea has merit …

Comment by Nan — October 9, 2018 @ 13:53

• I agree. If you do decided to write on the subject let me know, I would love to read it. Plus any insight in to how to help move these people to a more reality based view point is something I really need to learn. The tRump cult members remind me of Pastor Mel who says even if wrong he doesn’t care he would prefer to live believing the lie than know the truth. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 9, 2018 @ 14:08