October 11, 2018

Me Also

Filed under: Atheism, Funny videos, News, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 19:56

1. #fuckum all!

Comment by nationofnope — October 11, 2018 @ 20:12

• OK, you first. 👍👍😜😎 I like the hashtag I couldn’t resit the humor. Sorry

Comment by Scottie — October 11, 2018 @ 21:25

2. The way the religions are acting up these days, blasphemy is no longer a right. It is a duty.

Comment by Infidel753 — October 11, 2018 @ 22:20

3. What’s blasphemy is it anything to do with swearing? Swearing seems to be in fashion these days I used to notice it but now it passes for conversation. Years ago I worked labouring on a UK building site where four letter language was the communication currency ; should a woman appear ( an exceptional occurrence in those far off times) all the swearing stopped until she disappeared.

Comment by kersten — October 12, 2018 @ 04:41

• I have only started my coffee. I was confused by your first sentence. I understand the rest though. I do not like constant swearing as it is jarring, but swearing doesn’t bother me. Words have only the meaning we give them, there are no bad words just bad ideas. But I am totally against blasphemy laws that protect religions. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 12, 2018 @ 06:51

• Not too sure about that recently we have been discussing the word Nigger and how it is used in the famous book Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, but then we have lists of naming words like , fascists , sodomist , rapist , tyrant etc. Apparently some of Mark Twain’s books have been withdrawn from the school curriculum. One of the commonest phrases today is the shock surprise ‘ Oh my God ‘ —- blasphemy or not ?

Comment by kersten — October 12, 2018 @ 07:56

• Yes there are people who can not separate the idea from the word. However word usage changes and word meanings change. So the less educated a person is the more they are for banning books. Having said that words can wound and most of us self censor our language so we do not accidentally offend others. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 12, 2018 @ 12:35