October 14, 2018

Major changes

Filed under: Family, Love, My Life and Rants, People I like, Thanks, Things I like — Scottie @ 16:09

Sorry if I am not on much or responding in the next few days.  Ron wants me to have a bigger TV as my eyesight has decreased.   I no longer play my xboxes as I can not clearly see the screen on the 32 inch TV in my office.  I had not complained as I have enough other things to do.    This morning Ron decided he wanted to move the bedroom 46 inch ( which has always been my fav TV as it has everything any tech person could want ) into my office.  I asked him to wait until my sunday news programs are over as the move would require emptying four different adjustable shelves, then moving stuff and shelves to a different position, plus all the stuff I had on the floor on the shelves in front of my desk would have to be moved as the top shelf would have to go down there as the 46 inch TV is much larger than the one I have here.  Ron did not understand how big a project it is , but did after I showed him.

Long story short, Ron is letting me move things at my pace , as slow as it is, while he worked on the new paneling in the front room, and now he is napping.    I am very glad to be getting the TV I love, and in truth we simply do not use it there since I got my office.  But it takes a lot of effort for me to move all this stuff, Ron brought in the step ladder as he wouldn’t let me use the step stool,  but I have to take each thing down, decided to keep it or not, if keeping it clean it and decided where to put it.  It is a much bigger job than I intended this weekend.   But I do want the bigger TV.

Thanks for understanding.  I am off to try to move more stuff.  ( side note how did I get so much stuff? )  Hugs

1. “how did I get so much stuff? ” — methinks you are not the first one to ask this question! 😀

Comment by Nan — October 14, 2018 @ 16:59

• Yup, about really stoked and up beat getting everything ready. Some stuff I have to wait for Ron to move as it si too heavy for me. But I will again have a TV I can see details. But dang I have had to move a lot of stuff. Yuck. Thanks Nan. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 14, 2018 @ 17:34

2. When you’re done there, could you drop by, for I have a few teeny-tiny projects … 😀

Take care … no falling off the ladder! Hugs!

Comment by jilldennison — October 14, 2018 @ 17:05

• Ron has been talking about retiring from the hospital and doing such handyman jobs. He knows it all. He really does, he has had his contractor licence, he supervised the building of homes, he has had a business taking care of homes during the months ( sometimes years for wealthy people ) are not in their homes. The true problem is ron gets angry at himself, as he will see a mistake that I wouldn’t ever notice. He feels he is not as good as he was ten or twenty years ago. He doesn’t realise what he sees, the rest of never do. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 14, 2018 @ 17:40

• Ahhhh … Ron is a perfectionist! He is never quite satisfied with his own work and always sees something that he might have done just a little bit better! Hugs!!!

Comment by jilldennison — October 15, 2018 @ 03:38

• By the way my legs are shaking and I do not know how much more I can do, But it is looking good. I hate I had to dump so many things but I was not using them. Yes I tend to be a pack rat for I always think I will need that someday. But when two people are the same like Ron and I , we tend to get far too much stuff. So Now the office is ready for himn to bring the TV in, but the Kitchen counter is going to take some clearing off. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 14, 2018 @ 17:46

• Take it easy, dear Scottie! It will still be there tomorrow! I am going through a period of “if it isn’t being used, PITCH IT!!!” Next up is my walk-in closet which contains Christmas cards from decades ago, slippers with no mate, broken printers and other computer parts that are long since outdated and other useless paraphernalia! I hear you on the pack-rat thing … but every now and then it is really good to purge it all. Make room for new STUFF to toss in 20 years or so! Hugs!!!

Comment by jilldennison — October 15, 2018 @ 03:41

3. Scottie, I know exactly what you mean. We just finished a major clean-out in our attic and another one in our basement; we tossed out an awful lot . . . But the purge feels good! Oh, and it’s taken us weeks!!

Comment by carmen — October 14, 2018 @ 18:07

• yes. I am still working on it. I find it hard to understand some of the stuff I have been keeping. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 14, 2018 @ 18:18

• All this goes along very well with Ben’s latest post about his drawer full of “stuff.” Must be something in the air/water?

Comment by Nan — October 14, 2018 @ 18:26