October 25, 2018

For all the christians supporting the republicans and tRump. Do you honor your deity or your political leader?

Filed under: Atheism, Bigotry, Children, Family, Harm, Political, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 16:22

Thumbnail

1. To put it another way, have mercy for Christ sake.

Comment by nationofnope — October 25, 2018 @ 16:37

• Yes, thank you. I am not good at the whole christian thing because I am not nor ever really was religious. But I have empathy and mercy and I value human life. As an abused child I can really understand what these people are fleeing and trying to get to safety. It angers me a nation such as ours is doing less to help refugees ( a situation we caused in large part ) than much smaller nations in europe that are taking in refugees.

Comment by Scottie — October 25, 2018 @ 16:41

• Me neither. My parents certainly weren’t religious. What really makes me nuts is the notion that Christianity and the followers of the worst story ever told believe that what they call their gods moral nature is remotely moral.

Comment by nationofnope — October 25, 2018 @ 16:55

• Yes! Why do they get to decide the standard? I think their reference book and their actions based on positions held by their leaders are really lacking the moral superiority they claim to have. I hate that religious people are automatically thought to be morally superior when we have seen that is not true. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 25, 2018 @ 17:00

• I don’t mind anyone being morally superior to me , the more superior they are the better. The measure of morals is not your label but how you treat others , when you show you care you are being moral.

Comment by kersten — October 26, 2018 @ 04:40

• Morning Kersten, I think you missed my point. Some words come to have meaning in our language not equal to what to reality. For example Christian and religion use to be sued as meaning good or better than. Now we know that is not true. The label doesn’t automatically mean people will act in a better way than those without the label. Have a good morning. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 26, 2018 @ 06:51

• I like your reply: I think most people who accept the label Christian or being religious think they should be better than others with different labels but they look around and know they are no better that your average Joe Blogs , a few are deluded . That’s the big delusion of labels they don’t alter character.

Comment by kersten — October 26, 2018 @ 08:35

2. Is there a difference?

Comment by jim- — October 25, 2018 @ 18:36

3. These Dummy-Christs are just blinded Christs bblinded by their priest, Bishops and cardianals, cause the they all have never thought about the loving God Jesus. So one only can vilify them wwith all their archaic splendor. They are all just Dummy-Christs.

Comment by miles — October 26, 2018 @ 10:03

4. where others have their brains Mr.sessions must have sawdust.

Comment by miles — October 26, 2018 @ 13:57

• Hello Miles. No Sessions is rather smart, or at least he is not dumb. However he is a huge bigot, a die hard christian, and he uses his religion to form his beliefs. He was a huge supporter of the KKK until he learned some of them used marijuana. He is dead set against it, even though all he was taught was wrong. But that is the problem with people who do not accept new information when the ideas of their young adulthood are challenged.

Winter is coming in your area. Have they turned on the heat yet? Sorry I know you do not need a nanny, but I do worry about you. I dread the day I no longer hear from you. It will be a sad day for me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 26, 2018 @ 16:23