October 26, 2018

Change the name

Filed under: Cartoons, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 13:25

(cartoon by Andy Marlette)

(story here) .. (cartoon by Clay Jones)

(cartoon by Joe Heller)

(cartoon by Clay Jones)

1. Change the name: Bibles – 99 – each different.
    Cost: Nothing
    Worth: Nothing

Comment by miles — October 26, 2018 @ 15:12

• Miles. I am not sure I understand. I know it is either a language problem or I am not thinking well enough. Could you expand your thought here? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 26, 2018 @ 16:25

• It isn’t the bibels, that make morals,
        it isnt even the contents of bibles, that makes Morals
        It is only the brain that is collecting facts and sorting them in a logical order, that can find rules to live together with others: Do as you would like to be done by others.
        Might that be okay? In my opinion it forbids lying and betraying stupid trumps.
        …, and it excludes any religion from getting any influence on human thinking.

Comment by miles — October 26, 2018 @ 16:56

• OK, now I understand and you are very correct. By the way if I remember from my time in I never encountered anyone pushing religion that was not a US military member. No German ever came up to me and wanted to talk about my finding Jesus. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 26, 2018 @ 17:04

• to have found Jesus, is really not one of the worst things; but you cant have Jesus without the at least 6000 years old god, that we know out of the 99 fairytales-Bible-books.
            so, for people, who like wonders, Jesus might be a good surrogate for founding morals. But the world religions would not like that too, because they would loose their influence, even when it comes to Jesus-lovers. Jesus forbids raping and hurting children.
            But isn’t ” Do as you would like to be done by others. sooooo much easier.

*isn’t this lil advice better than any religion!
            The only disadventage it has, that it doesn’t give any powers. It just lets you live in peace, as long as the trumps or the clergymen of the world let you live YOUR way.
            If not, we have to fight for our insights – and we do.

one thought to your being in Gemany: Would you think, that Germans – after what God had come over them – ? And you have to know, that the catholic Zentrum-Party agreed to the Ermächtigungsgesetz (enabling act) which allowed he Nazis to incarcerate all Kommunist’s representatives and other unpopular people like Homosexuals. These are the reasons, why no Grman asked you for your way to Jesus. 😉

Comment by miles — October 26, 2018 @ 18:06

• Miles, as to Germany’s past, they have more than paid the price and should be forgiven now.

Miles when I first got to your country I was exploring on a narrow street with a side wall next to the sidewalk.. I approached an elderly German couple. What happened next stayed with me all my life. ( remember this is early 1980’s )

Remember I was a country kid with no education, yet as I was walking toward this elderly German couple , they both stepped of the sidewalk into the street. I had not expected this and really I would have gone out around them. But they stayed still with their heads bowed. I tried to talk to them in english ( I had only been in Germany less than 4 months) but they did not respond. A few feet after I had walked away I looked back and they had moved back to the sidewalk.

That night as I lay in my sargents arms I asked him about this ( he was a lot older than me and had been in German several times ) because it upset me. He said older Germans were taught to be respectful of the US military as we helped them. Still I think it was wrong. An elderly couple should never feel they have to step into the street when I approach. Yet it gave me an understanding that in the future I would need to be careful and EARN the trust of the German people. For me bieing in Germany was an exciting time, it was a time I began to grow to maturity, and I learned to love other cultures. I met my first lovers, it was magical. My small country mind was opened up so much. I wish I could have stayed in your country. Sadly I simply don’t have the ability to learn languages, and that was required of me to stay. So I came back the US. But I have never lost the love I had for the wonderful place and people I met in Germany. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 26, 2018 @ 18:56

• I had a special Reason for what I wrote about the catholic Zentrumsparty:
                If Trump and his health-care politics are something like Hitlers, this must be understood as a strict WARNING!!
                Hitler created the “philosophy” of unworthy to live- to save money for the community. and many mentally/physically handicapped people were collected and deported to somewhere in Bavaria, where they were killed by a morphine-injection, informing their plarents with false information.
                He/She, who could not contribute to the welfare of the communitywas well in danger to be killed as * unworthy to live*.
                This was Germany under Hitler and the Nazis, Which I Hate So Much.
                And if that scum Trump is a bit like Hitler, he – may be – wants to become the leader of the economical world. Which would end in worldwide desaster. and not in MAGA.

Comment by miles — October 27, 2018 @ 09:08

• Yes I agree. He wants to demean and make unhuman anyone who is not praising him. He makes scapegoats of anyone he can. He is dangerous and so are the people who support him. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 27, 2018 @ 09:37

• You dont seem to have really understood what I wrote :

After he got his Enabling Act finally signed by the catholic Zentrums party, Hitler started murdering severely handicapped persons with only the knowledge of a few doctors and and the personnell of the Killing instrumentation and the personnelll of the ovens to burn the killed. – For the only reason that these people where severly handicapped and cost the state money he let them murder uncontrolled.
                    this seems bejond your recognition?

Comment by miles — October 27, 2018 @ 10:46

• I understand MIles. We are being overrun by racist fascist and violence attacks by white thugs on people of color, other than christian religions ( jewish mostly ) and political party. The president encourages them. They are emboldened by everything he says and does. He uses demagoguery to enthrall the most deplorables in our country, he is using every branch of the government as if they were part of his business and has them to do things illegal and unthinkable while enriching himself. He is a huge threat Miles, and if the Democrats do not take the House of Representatives back then tRump and crew will be mostly unstoppable as they take more power to themselves and from the people. LGBT, non-whites, and non-christians will be attacked and killed, driven from society in the shadows. tRump is saying now that law enforcement should be under his control, and his control only. He grabs for more power every day. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 27, 2018 @ 12:31