October 29, 2018

Stop pretending

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Children, News, Political, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 19:56

Thumbnail

1. Hypocrite = Christian

Comment by nationofnope — October 29, 2018 @ 21:27

2. One of the weakest points of religious belief is its inconsistency but unfortunately it’s one of the weakest points of the vast majority of human activity. This is forcefully pointed out by Peter Singer in his attacks on speciesism in discussions with famous scientists.

Comment by kersten — October 30, 2018 @ 04:44

• Good Morning Kersten. Not sure I agree. I think the weakest point of religion is the main point of a deity and magic can not be shown to exist nor is there any evidence for it. Sort of a stopping point for me. If someone says they want to tell me about their god, I say show it to me, show me where it has interacted with reality. They can not, all they can give is their emotional feeling. Heck I can get that from a good song or a Harry Dresden book. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2018 @ 05:21

3. I was only referring to the poster which surely points out a living child deserves better treatment than a fetus. So it follows to ignore the destitute living , or even side line them is worse than abortion. As you know this raises a host of connected issues, but I’m sure most would agree some immoral acts are worse than others. The Church has the the list in a very different order but of course they can never be totally moral ( they call it sinlessness ) . I could ramble on but I won’t take advantage of your hospitality. Hugs ( I’m becoming Americanized).

Comment by kersten — October 30, 2018 @ 07:32

• Dear Kersten, We in Germany see it different, as we are “burnt children”. Maybe you have read my text about the catholic Zentrumsparty signing the “Enabling Act of 1933? in the wake of this Enabling act the Nazis transported “unworthy life” – being too expensive to treat proper – to Bavaria, just to kill them there with Morphine injections and burning them. This is historically provenby documents and by eyewitnesses. The church cant have their list in different order, cause the singned that Murder Act. after long in depth going discussions with Social-democrats.
      Tcatholic church acceptet, that severely disabled AND mentally disabled were unhumanly looked at as costfactors, — and for thee only fac, that Hitler promised the catholic Zentrums-party a better treatment. Of course they never got that treaty.
      (Hitler was just consequent a liar as trump the pump is.)
      And thanks so much Scottie, for not agreeing.
      These fact are not common knowledge, cause the catholic church did everything they could to keep their murderous cowardice a secret.
      If it was not for Ken Follet in Winter Of The World, that the murderous cowards in the catholic church might have had succcess in camouglaging the murder, they are responsible for.

Comment by miles — October 30, 2018 @ 11:41

• Sadly MIles the church has a long dirty history of harming children and the disabled. I am still having troubled dreams from the report of the decades of child killing nad horrible abuse by the Priest and nuns in the orphanage in Vermont. If you missed it I can get you a link, I think I posted it with an upset anger Scottie rant.

Also sadly Germany is not alone in medical procedures and sterilization done on people against their will. Many states in the US have some history of it, from doing it to the disabled to doing it on minorities like skin color or sexual orientation. History is full of horrors committed by people who think they are the superior race. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2018 @ 12:12

• Miles thank you for those dreadful details ; I’m not a supporter of the Catholic church and when I use the word church I include all denominations including what are sometimes labelled cults. I understand that Hitler even sang in the church choir and had religious leanings in his warped mental outlook. I would only make one point we must be careful not to condemn all religious people , some are very genuine.
        The cost of life is a tough question and not easy to answer; we could say all human life from the moment of conception is sacred and must be preserved at all costs. The brilliant poster that Scottie produced compares a fetus with a destitute child , having a scientific outlook I go immediately for the child if a choice has to be made. The Evangelical church prove themselves hypocritical in often placing more importance on the fetus , because they are obsessed with the abortion issue.
        ‘Into the valley of death rode the six hundred.
        There’s was not to question why
        There’s was just to do or die.’

Comment by kersten — October 30, 2018 @ 17:37

• Kersten you have identified an important concept. One of the things I was told and heard in my youth was the story of the pastor who let his own son drown so he could save another child. The point is he knew his son was saved in christ so he let him drown to rescue the other child. Randy Travis also does a similar heart tearing song. I just can’t do that, I can not agree with that. If I could save my own child I would. Now if I couldn’t save my own child but could save another I also would. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2018 @ 18:16

• Hello Kersten, do not worry about rambling on, I enjoy a good conversation. I understand what you were trying to say, so I guess we both were correct just talking about different things. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2018 @ 11:58

4. These ‘Roman catholic murderers and nuns have NO RIGHT , to exist any longer as a religion . It exists as a satanic organization from bottom closest to the highest ranks- camouflaging child abuse, murderer of normal and disabled children. all their leaders should be shown as HYDRAs, without a slightest peace of spine. All of them, including their pope, cause this satanic congregation is unable to protect their weakest again abuse and murder.

Comment by miles — October 30, 2018 @ 13:16

• Powerfully said MIles, Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2018 @ 13:18

• Sorry, I misspelled badly: What I ment, was of course: “without a slightest piece of spine.”

Comment by miles — October 30, 2018 @ 13:20

• Miles, my good friend, I understand that english is not your native language. I do my best to understand what you are trying to say , so do not worry too much about spelling. If I did not have spell check my own comments would be really hard to read. You write with intensity and power. Sometimes misspellings happen. Be well. Have they turned your heat on yet? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2018 @ 13:55